Why aren't you using Haiku?

why aren't you using Haiku?
>warm nostalgic and comfy aestethics
>free from all sjw and pajeet infestations

Attached: screenshot1.png (1920x1080, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/haikuports/haikuports
haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/contents.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks pretty comfy

i'll use it if you make a haiku for Haiku

>Buggy AS hell
>No tiling wm
>No apps
It's basically a much shittier version of MacOS. (And if you read their forums, they pretty much want to be MacOS.)

But how good is it for actually getting work done?

Looks like an ASSHOLE
Catch me with that stupid shit
Pronouns: Lin/Nix/Tux

Attached: baywatch-original-series.jpg (1500x1000, 1.87M)

But op if you keep shilling it on Jow Forums it will attract trannies, sjws and poos

It looks beautiful. BeOS actually was what nostalgiafags remember Win2k to be, the culmination of classic desktop UI.

depends what you do for work

The main dev, Michael Phipps, is a Clinton Foundation donor and massive leftist cuck. I wouldn't trust his shitty alpha OS with my fucking $2 bank account.

Wrong. Windows 2000 with its enterprise aesthetic looks better than that childish looking piece of crap.

Oh shit, you're right.

Attached: beos vs 2k.png (731x1209, 62K)

Source?

What the absolut cia-kgb-nigger are you?
Michael left the project 9 years ago.

When Haiku gets out of alpha I'll consider installing it on real hardware

The question is, why are you using Qz instead of superior Otter?

Attached: screenshot1.png (1280x768, 169K)

Doesn't look like win2k at all

The recent devs are lefty cucks and donate money to the Clinton foundation. AVOID haiku. Use GNU/Linux.

Then let us know where you did got that info or go in the hell with your bullshit you glowing-in-the-dark!

What you want?

>makes an outlandish claim without proof
>gets proven wrong
>moves goalpost
Fuck off.

This.

The question is, why are you using a vm instead of bare metal?

If your work consist entirely watching images about cats, then 100% will work for you.

Erlang
PostgreSQL
Nginx
Redis
Git
GVim
A two-panel file manager

Oh, and PHP, too. Sadly.

No accelerated graphics
Only a couple of unpaid devs vs 1000s paid
Alpha software
No drivers
No apps
No games
Why would anyone use it?

I wish I could use it, but unfortunately browsing Jow Forums and watching anime is only 50% of what I do on my computer. I also need wine to play osu, RuneScape and LOL with my friends.
would ditch linux without a second thought if wine ran on it, though. looks fucking awesome on a VM and everything jest werks. also the OS design is not retarded and using muh philosophies from 100 years ago

Check your lazy fuck: github.com/haikuports/haikuports

>Linux
ew no

yes to Erlang, Git, GVim (and QVim), and a bunch two-panel file managers

>no tilingwm
based and redpilled, it'll keep arch autists out

>krita is there

Not that you cannot change Picasso to be able to do it.

Windows 10 has better tiling features than literally any stacking WM on Linux.

i'd use it if I could get it to run on bare metal. haiku os is a vm only os because there's 0 real hardware support

Then it is magic what happens on my laptop, right? Buy a computer, kid.

>why aren't you using Haiku?
doesn't support any of my hardware

t. archrice fags

But you made a ticket, not just expecting it will magically start to work, right?
And you sent hw to the developers, right?

I never ever installed arch or any tiling wm yet, but sure if you say so.

>you can't change it anyway
>LOL ARCHRICE TARD

I'm a user, not a developer nor a test subject

>no software
I always keep a recent snapshot on a VM but this OS is probably never going to be ready for prime time. You know that, of course, you're running it on a VM as well.

Now try opening 20 videos at the same time on each.

nooo how could this be happening to us, bros? for the love of kek! daddy is not going to be happy about this
sorry, papi! we love u

Attached: tumblr_nvi1f6Zf0d1qh8nzqo1_500.gif (500x500, 146K)

Then maybe Haiku is not for you, mate.

You can't run forever.
You'll eventually need to stand your ground and fight.
Those who you hold as heroes will eventually fall without real support from their followers.
Linus was a giant, but we as passive users failed him by letting politicized corporations to make the bulk of contributions to the kernel.
No matter if you're moving to some BSD, or to Haiku, or to fucking CirnOS, don't be a passive user. Get involved, get to know your system, get acquainted with the community. Contribute, and then when time comes, you'll be able to fight back as someone with authority, and not just as yet another user.
Because if it comes to a shouting match, you'll lose, even if you "win".

Attached: 1511540398842.jpg (1920x1080, 124K)

3 concurrent Haiku threads?

How strange.

>No tiling wm

Fucking read the user guide.

Really people, there are awesome non-conventional features that you will miss if you don't read the fucking user guide.

haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/contents.html

Attached: screen.png (860x472, 21K)

fedora just works for me, and i am too stupid to learn new commands

I see what you did there.

The first one looks like an expensive piece of kit. The second looks like a high school project.

>no programs
>only one user (which means no security)
>no drivers
'Nuff said.

Multiuser is supported. There's just no UI for it.

Can you install this on hardware or is it another meme OS that can really only run in a VM?

You can. But since it's still beta, they warn you about data loss if you want to mount a non-haiku partition for writing.

I have a dual boot of Haiku - Windows, with the Haiku bootloader. It works and I haven't had any data loss.

I did have a spooky crash when manipulating a file, but it seems to have been related to a thread instead of the HDD.

There is a difference between tilling in a stacking window manager and using a tilling window manager. For example does opening a new window reshape all others so they use the same space and put them one next to another? The answer is no.

>which means no security
How multi-user provides any more safety for a desktop user? Is stopping someone from opening port 80 more important than your data?

Shall we make a pastebin?