I just want you all to know that I FUCKING HATE PRINTERS HOLY FUCK YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT CAN'T YOU WORK OK FOR...

I just want you all to know that I FUCKING HATE PRINTERS HOLY FUCK YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT CAN'T YOU WORK OK FOR ONCE I JUST WANT TO PRINT A GODDAMN PAGE FOR FUCKS SAKE

Attached: office-space-05.jpg (400x267, 43K)

lot of bits, small wheels and stuff, in printers user.
rollers and springs, collects hairs, toys, small pets.
oh, the things I've seen jammed in there in my time, I tell you.
no, but, printers, hard life, so it is.

You just don't know how to make them work you stupid brainlet. Printers are a complicated piece of machinery and you gotta learn the tricks to make them work.

There are no tricks to make them work in Linux though

You should have made it a Haiku

Oh they certainly are. In my first couple years of being a freetard I downloaded a driver from the manufacturer, but it was for LPD and couldn't make the CUPS wrapper work. I had to convert the files to a postscript file, pass the postscript through a special binary that came with the LPD driver, and pipe the output to some obscure device node on /dev/ just to print a file.

>buy a brother wireless printer
>normies and aspies alike tell me brother is top tier for low budget
>update firmware, try to print over wifi
>takes 15 minutes to print 15 pages, wtf?
>update drivers
>won't print now
>roll back drivers
>prints faster but smears like shit now
>turn it off and back on
>works fine for the first document, takes forever to print subsequent documents
>try my brother's laptop, update everything, works fine until it goes to sleep
>replacement ink is cheap but the sensors inside are finicky as fuck
>over a month goes on of trying to print wirelessly with mixed results, some documents just stop printing half way down the page
>fuck it, buy a cable and it just works
Should've bought a laser jet -_-

>the sensors inside are finicky as fuck
what sensors? ink cartridges don't have any sensor inside

It sounds like your wifi sucks, like most wifi. Just use ethernet or USB.

Office Space was a good movie

>should've bought a laser jet

That reminds me
>years ago I get a printer from a roommate that doesn't need it anymore
>at that point I haven't had a printer in a decade
>works great, but it only prints black
>always too lazy to refill the color cartridge because I don't really need it
>a week ago, finally decide to refill it
>search online which cartridge it even is to check how expensive new ones are
>find ot it was a monochrome laser printer all along
>mfw

Attached: 1520177457794.jpg (600x650, 203K)

Wrong

paper was a mistake

What is it with fucking printers? I've seen people with an enclyclopedic knowledge of technology, networks and all that banging their heads at the wall because of the frustration of getting one of those things work without errors.

printers are complicated enough
adding the finnicky wireless stuff to it makes it infinitely worse
regular people dont know how to set it up and nobody reads manuals, at least when it was USB you plugged it in and maybe had to install drivers from a website or disk.
the rest of the issues were with the printer itself but now its a mix of printer issues and some BS with the network stuff not working,being detected etc
fuck bad printers

HP printers just werk. They're cunt company but it must give them that.

My experience with printers on linux is extremely limited as in I've only printed like 3 papers but I was surprised to find that the Mint drivers and an old hp officejet (non of that smart printer bullshit) worked pretty good.
I would consider having windows server just for printing things, but as if I'll ever set one up.

Printing is a pain in the fucking ass in Devuan and Xubuntu though.

Laser printer from brother.

Beats the fuck out of me

I think most sysadmins are just programmers who cried too hard about whiteboard problems so they decided to do something "easier" instead.
So when they're faced with something vaguely mechanical, versus software oriented, they freeze up for some reason and can't figure shit out.

It's honestly pretty simple shit if you actually sit down and think about what the fuck is going on any given time.

My favorite is when I used to have to swoop in to save the day for some idiot on-site sysadmin, when they'd have printer problems, just to find out "Oh, you're using the XPS drivers. Why are you using those?"
"Uhhhhh, I dunno what that means."
Like, how the fuck did you land a job managing a whole-ass Hospital Network, and can tell me how the fuck border gateway protocol works, but you can't google "What is an XPS driver" to realize "Oh, nobody here uses XPS files. I'll install the PCL5 driver, instead"
Or how the shit did you not think to check "Oh, does my copier support postscript printing? I should check since I was the one who bought it" before you decide to install the Postscript only driver to all workstations on a unit.

yep, printers are the worst piece of technology i have ever used, all the printers i used in my life, i mean ALL of them had some kind of problem and ink cartridges are a scam, thermal printers are based tho

The only legitimate issue I've seen before, is when software doesn't want to work well with a printer.

There was a time a client had some shipping label printing software, and wanted to print the postage directly onto envelopes at the network printer. But for some reason, the prints were always "early" and appeared in the middle of the envelopes, instead of at the end. But it turns out, the software developer knows about this issue with certain printers, and just doesn't fix it and recommends you "buy a USB-capable printer from one of these ranges, instead, for maximum compatibility" which is the lazy way of saying "We're too fucking lazy to implement spooled printing through the OS for some fucking reason"

printers are still pure cancer

t. printer

>hospital IT being retarded with printers
I know this feel. It really is amazing to watch them completely freeze up and become helpless because there is mechanical shit inside. At least they just call me to fix it instead of breaking shit like the nurses and doctors do though.

Attached: feed-me-a-cat.jpg (450x334, 54K)

Attached: 576474.jpg (500x375, 16K)

I've learned that printers work much better when you pet them as they're trying to do their job. It reassures them that everything is going to be okay, and that we humans are always there to support them, refill them, and are glad for their existence. Try it next time you're having an issue.

Go to bed printer.

Fuck that shit, I'll hit that worthless piece of crap with a baseball bat next time it freezes on me when I need to print something in a hurry.

fuck you printer sympathizer

Stop buying POS $29 consumer grade inkjet crap and get a real laser printer. Something that has ethernet and a built in print server.

Fuck that noise about tv being the electric jew, printers are the true electric jew.

I've been yelled at by a printer before. Fucking piece of shit wouldn't print for me (but printed for my faggot lab partner) so I told it to burn in hell and pressed the power button. It proceeded to make a sound that I can only describe as a dial-up modem being throatfucked by an electric kazoo for about 20 seconds before my professor unplugged it.
I fucking hate printers so god damn much.

combination of electronics, moving parts, and lack of standardization
cars are a bitch to work on because of their complexity but at least one Audi Fartmobile is the same as every other Audi Fartmobile so you can memorize all the shit that can go wrong
printers? they're mass produced but there are so many models that have so little domination over the market individually (even if a few companies do dominate the market, they produce lots of different printers) that you can't hope to be an expert on all of them or even all of one company's printers
also as consumer electronics they're sometimes treated like shit so you can get bizarre problems like buildup of unidentifiable gunk for no known reason or belts that wear out faster than normal because ???

it's literally impossible to print on 90% of printers if you use Linux.

This. I have a cheapo Canon wireless inkjet and trying to get the damn thing to connect is absolute hell, last time I turned it on I had to powercycle it ten fucking times for it to successfully hook up to wireless. It's a decent little workhorse when it decides to connect, but the connection process makes me want to chuck the damn thing out of the 8th floor window.

I bet you're one of those print in the darn guys

Had the same experience till I bough office grade Canon mfp with wired network.

Have it for what 6-7 years now, it just works.

you were lazy about something that wasn't even possible. good shit

I have no problem using whatever the cheapest laser printer was at Wal mart. 55 bucks for the monochromatic Brother printer, about 22 bucks for the toner, and it works with both my iphone (via some stupid app) and Linux Mint (via USB).

Printers still exists? what third world country are you living in?

On the day of paper shredders, printer sympathyzers will be hanged as well

>run out of ink
>buying a new printer is actually cheaper than buying new ink cartidges
Printer manufacturers are the biggest jews.

Worlds Most Expensive Liquidâ„¢
read that somewhere, always doubted it was true. but, you'd have trouble coming up with a more expensive challenger you'd readily buy. For sure, fuck all in printer ink justifies that, literally insane markup, the cunts.

Attached: MHuGCjE[1].jpg (770x674, 63K)

It's fucking amazing how many good ideas came from something that barely works.

>try my brother's laptop
Your printer has its own laptop?