Getting Some Things Straight About The Linux Future

In light of the recent bullshit I shall remind a few of you social recluses how society functions while keeping in mind the Linux ecosystem:

1. Adopting and using the Linux Kernel can't be denied to anyone, even if they are a full blown neo-nazi retard, the tranny and its Meme of Conduct have no power here.

2. Since the Linux community is innately fractured into differing collectives with differing opinions, the tranny's Meme of Conduct will either be ignored, heavily edited/cut down (improved), or shortly abandoned by a lot of communities, and the repercussions will be nonexistent beyond some group of trannies and their friends making a hissy fit on Twitter which is irrelevant.

3. An appearance of a 1st-time disease leads to anti-bodies. The community is already visibly divided about this. Sociology 101 - Social Divide Chapter:
The strong-minded and bullshit-averse part of the community happens to be the most skilled and they will form their own bubble where they will continue doing quality work and producing results, the only difference being that their bubble has antibodies against this SJW disease now.
The weak-minded and bullshit-prone part of the community, the tranny and its friends, will have their own bubble, where nothing is done beyond social justice whining and Twitter activism. Ayo.js repeats itself.

Recap of history that's about to repeat:
- Ayo.js forked themselves from node.js over a white male. They spent a lot of time on making sure everyone declared their preferred pronouns and setting up a CoC and working on such fine slogans like "Humans before technology" and making a logo.
Almost NO actual programmers joined and after a couple of months this became obvious since the changes brought by the project were comical and completely lacking in any showcase of programming education, and the thing started to lose steam.
So despite all these stupid articles from polygon and gizmodo about the impending doom of node.js, Ayo.js is dead after 5 months.

Attached: 1343228201772.jpg (478x343, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

varierfurniture.com/en_us/explore-our-chairs/recline/gravity-balans-r
linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/
lesswrong.com/posts/ZQG9cwKbct2LtmL3p/evaporative-cooling-of-group-beliefs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now take off the rose-colored glasses.

There's nothing rose-tinted about history repeating itself user.

Good write-up. Too bad the fear-mongering posts get more attention due to being echo chambers.

I want that chair

DELET

(sper/g/s need some drama in their lives too)

Based and fosspilled.

It's hilarious seeing anons freak out like everything in the entire kernel tree from past to future is tainted. An open-source project with the scale and adoption of the kernel is like an invincible cockroach, for better or worse.
Just look at how ancient GNOME2 forks soldier on with far less adoption and interest or how long it's taking to get rid of Python2

>history
One single event (Ayo) does not qualify as history.
The saying "history repeats itself" refers to patterns, and again, one single event does not a pattern make.

Like I understand you wrote all of this to calm your own nerves, but it's quite foolish and oblivious to the goals of those actually participating (and not those endlessly shitposting on Jow Forums).

Patterns you say?

- FreeBSD suddenly forcibly coercing/demanding from users to become political "ambassadors" by a Code of Conduct copy pasted from some feminist wiki, completely unrelated to the object of the community or their initial interests in becoming part of it. Result? Skilled staff loss.
- SJW publications such as Salon forced into adwall.
- The GNOME Foundation running short on money because they wasted it on a "Outreach Program for Women".
- Ayo.js forked themselves from node.js over a white male. They spent a lot of time on making sure everyone declared their preferred pronouns and setting up a CoC and working on such fine slogans like "Humans before technology" and making a logo.
Almost NO actual programmers joined and after a couple of months this became obvious since the changes brought by the project were comical and completely lacking in any showcase of programming education, and the thing started to lose steam.
So despite all these stupid articles from polygon and gizmodo about the impending doom of node.js, Ayo.js is dead after 5 months.
Examples keep on appearing exponentially with each day.
- Firefox seeing an additional loss of support from its userbase because Mozilla misappropriated donations for Firefox into social justice socio-political bullcrap, because if users wanted to donate into such garbage they would have gone to specialized organizations and not Mozilla where they expect that funding a piece of software funds that and only that.

Attached: 1520287150046.png (777x767, 353K)

- GitHub. Go to the explore page and you'll see it overtaken by "a showcase of diverse developers" which is just a list of black women and white knights either doing simple ruby crap or writing ideas in text files on a repo and calling themselves developers.
Form over function, outnumbering of normal developers who do what they do best by idiotic rainbow-goggle SJWs who care more about changing wording to please their little virtue-signaling egos than making anything functional. Their mantra: "I'm a programmer if i feel like it, not if i know how to program."
- Yahoo. Hired Marissa Mayer as their CEO in 2012. Mayer had a lot of solid experience at Google, including some time as VP of Search and other big products. But once she was put in charge of Yahoo she made a series of boneheaded management decisions like getting rid of remote work for employees (despite using it herself), buying tumblr (whose market value they promptly obliterated) and hiring Katie Couric to be "Global Anchor" of Yahoo News (which was by then totally irrelevant). By the time Mayer resigned in 2017 the company had spent five years spinning its wheels, redesigning and retiring its own products and acquiring random startups despite continuous financial struggle. Most notably she and the management she put in place were accused of discriminating against men for years, including firing men for no reason just to replace them with women.

Quality post user

- Hasbro for example managed to bankrupt the GI Joe brand by employing SJW writers into their comics, ruining the brand value.
- Marvel keeps losing money over the new female "muh womyn power" Captain Marvel, who keeps being rehashed and forced in apparent desperation yet keeps failing and not making returns. It is of great comedic value that the movie touted as most progressive and successful, Black Panther, appealed to conservative values such as ethnocentrism and traditionalism.
- Disney's Star Wars has now lost trust among prop sellers, a first in the brand's history. Shelves are filled with unsold TLJ "womyn powa" toys which are going to be written off as a major financial loss for both the sellers and Disney. Now sellers have no alternative but to scrutinize all future Disney's Bolshevik marketing projections and force increased costs on Disney as a risk tax. Disney even lost a potential market of 1.3 billion people in China which cites "Baizuo" and "Low IQ (SJW) writing" as critiques.
- Video Game developers appealing to a vocal minority of SJW's who don't even pay for games but rather gather around a single "representative" professional critic/influencer via bubbled social contacts to engage in mob criticism/coercion, who are merely there to support that one career critic against products they don't even care about; resulting in a loss of the core majority of consumers and a net loss in revenue due to appeal to vocal minority over majority.
It's like the religious preachers who exist to preach against products they don't use with fellow church member mobs, yet who are mistaken in ignorance by the object of criticism as consumers.

You are aware this contradicts OP's point right (even though some of them are pretty silly desperate reaches)? Like it solidifies the hatred people have, not the "everything's going to be alright" can-do attitude of OP.

No? It solidifies the fact that everything SJWs touch turns to shit while every with any skill bails out to form a fork or competition which has antibodies, and it incentivizes skilled people with newfound awareness to do it faster than they otherwise would without suffering damage.

they're economic terrorists

All of these examples are about companies, who can be fucked easier because they are centralized and have a flow of cash that attract these people.

Think of why sjws exist. They graduate college with some useless african studies degree and realize they have no marketable skill except for screaming about oppression. Their goal is not to kill projects, but to parasite off of them, get a job as diversity consultant and draw salary for posting on twitter and holding conferences.
They don't generally kill projects, they just weaken them by drawing resources. Most companies are already infested (it always starts in HR) and survive just fine. It's like they are intestinal parasites for organizations, they weaken them a bit, but won't be lethal unless they host is already near death.

Considering this tranny is threatening that all code must be automatically accepted from marginalized groups regardless of its content and quality, and concluding how such practice can lead to the fine examples of companies going down under because of an inevitable security breach and loss of personal information of customers or high profile users because a tranny's code acceptance policy damaged the integrity of the product itself, it's not that much of a longshot to argue lethality.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-9-19 Pull request rejection · Issue #176 · rosarior awesome-django · GitHub.png (1022x2196, 287K)

Same. Probably costs an arm and a leg though.

Ayo imploded because they forked. I hope what you predict actually happens to this coc bullshit, but they may well have learned from the experience. This time they're trying to infiltrate, not co-opt or deprecate via obsolescence. They could, and have, used this simple tactic:

1) Target prominent non-SJW members for character assassination, forcing their resignation or dismissal.
2) Replace them with their own ilk as the organization they've targeted caves to pressure to "embrace diversity" and do their part against "systemic oppression and under-representation".
3) Rinse and repeat until they can now bring in and remove whoever they want, whenever they want, as they've accrued enough power to steer political decisions whichever way they want.

And just like that, whatever organization they've targeted is in their hands, putting out shoddy, ideologically infected work, with free NSA backdoors to boot.

bump

Zhir does not have any position or authority with the kernel team. The fact that someone copied and pasted some text (which was already heavily neutered from its original form) does not let him "fire" anyone.

On top of that there is nothing that an sjw would be able to do with the kernel. They couldn't even add a rainbow wallpaper or anything, it has literally no political components. If they commit shit code and somehow run all real contributors out (how?!) then there will be a fork because lots of people including large companies need the kernel to actually work properly.

varierfurniture.com/en_us/explore-our-chairs/recline/gravity-balans-r

2000$. I guess this is what it feels like to be a poorfag.

He's really patient, if I were him I'd just tell her to stfu and btfo

>Zhir does not have any position or authority with the kernel team. The fact that someone copied and pasted some text (which was already heavily neutered from its original form) does not let him "fire" anyone.

Who the fuck is Zhir?

One of them funny looking fuckers from star trek, you know the one

What the fuck
It's just several metal sticks welded together, how the fuck can it be $2000 worth?

>Almost NO actual programmers joined and after a couple of months this became obvious since the changes brought by the project were comical and completely lacking in any showcase of programming education, and the thing started to lose steam.
So linux is going to start losing steam.

>including large companies need the kernel to actually work properly.
>thinking large companies dont support these politics
>thinking they wont invest frustrating and ungodly amounts of effort into making the solutions they want back work before finally accepting the solutions of somebody who flagrantly left their sphere on purpose
Oh you'll see

they can change the license now
once that is done, annul the GPL format validity

It's funny because this hysteria reminds me of the way liberals were freaking out over the 2016 election. There were literal adults crying thinking that all lesbians were getting sent to concentration camps and shit.
Now Jow Forums is inventing all these fantasies of trannies destroying linux in absurd ways and it's just as ridiculous.

I'm not gonna say I was thrilled with the news but calm down jfc it's not the end of the world. Popular OSS projects are resilient. The worst news is really just that Linus is getting tired of his role, but that was bound to happen eventually

DAMAGE
CUNTROL
DAMAGE
CUNTROL
DAMAGE ALERT
CUNTROL ALERT

Here's the thing you purple haired freakazoid. We know this was a corporate take over, the SJWs are just the foot soldiers here.

>(((as a white straight male)))
teehee

Man that guy's all over the place, wrong on every point, yet still pushing his view like it's the only righteous solution

Is there a name for when someone throws words at you, for doing things only they are doing while saying it? Like 'you're threatening me' while being threatening in the same post

>Future
There is none.

This is a COMPLETE CORPORATE TAKEOVER of Linux. If you keep using it you're a fucking idiot because they're already inserting backdoors.

10/10 bait stay cucked OP.

>corporate take over
linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/

Most users and sources of funding of Linux are corporations, it's been this way for like a decade now

when did you ever saw a corporate driven minority being so influential that literally acts as a virus to destroy everything?

You're a moron if you think this has always been the way things are. Linus has regularly given the finger to corps that try to sneak shady shit into the OS. Latest instance of this is the Speck crypto shit.

Except it has been like this, it's fairly easy to pressure him into doing something, you just weren't paying attention

Linus has been glowing in the dark since late 2001.

Unlike you Linus doesn't buy into le ebil corporahsyuns bullshit, get the fuck off of this board already you fucking tourist

1. GPLv3
2. Public shaming
3. Good point, if you dont die of the disease first of course.

Dunno. Why don't you make one and find out.

they are pirates sailing the seven seas looking for laden ships whose defenses they can easily overrun. they are thieves who's feet run to evil.

Yeah, a hypocrite.

Based boricua

>We know this was a corporate take over, the SJWs are just the foot soldiers here.

DELET DIS

NO

So if I read the correctly, all the real programmers leave the Linux kernel team and within a year the Linux kernel will be dead.

What else? The entire SJW jig is about turning a professional project into a training ground for minorities and stealing as much money off it as possible. SJWs are the modern unwashed masses of barbarians looting villages and towns that have become prosperous on their own merits.

If full blown communists are allowed, why not neo-nazis or republicans?

Reading these posts gave me hope for a bit. But realize these guys are going to run themselves into the ground while using hate speech laws and other SJW tactics to prevent anyone else from innovating.

Public shaming only works for organizations/groups where there is some leadership which hasn't experienced the shit and has shivering panties.
When a group is formed from people who purposefully don't agree with the SJW shit, then no manner of invoking bullshit laws or public shaming will work because that group's leadership is made of antagonists, ergo antibodies.

One problem with this is that there's the default product and the explicitly anti-SJW product. The explicitly anti-SJW product is demonized as most people continue to use the default, even if they complain about the SJWs that are subverting it ("I hate SJWs but no way am I using that nazi/alt-right/etc product").

You can see this with gab.ai vs twitter, hatreon vs patreon, bitchute vs youtube, etc. Maybe it's different outside social media, but as the explicitly anti-SJW product gets more popular, it will get even more flak and stronger powers going against it. Seemingly getting screwed at every corner.

Sounds like a large chunk of the history of capitalism.

>The explicitly anti-SJW product is demonized as most people continue to use the default
Except that is incorrect because the anti-SJW product also attracts the half of the userbase which is anti-SJW and the group only builds the product for those who want to use it and not for "the widest audience". Also you'll be making a bad joke if you think the SJW product will not go down in quality because SJWs don't have time for improving products as Twitter activism and social justice philosophizing is more important.

The problem here is that you don't realize that these products and their userbases didn't spring up from SJWism in the first place and don't owe their existence to SJWism therefore SJWism has no effect on their further development beyond fucking it up as per the "who came first, the chicken or the egg" story, SJWism is just a new hurdle along the path which will shit itself.

I think most people just literally don't give a fuck about the politics, and a large number of people don't give a fuck about censorship either as long as it doesn't affect them, so the alternative 'anti-SJW' product fails to gain traction mostly not because it's demonized, but just because not that many people have any reason to move there. Meanwhile, heavily political anti-SJW types hear about the alternative product in disproportionate numbers and swarm there. So what happens is that the alternative product's userbase actually does end up being mostly made of Jow Forums-type retards, which then adds to its low popularity by turning off non-insane people who might otherwise have given the alternative a chance.

I already know how society works.
Everyone who expresses his own opinion and doesn't follow the herd is considered a psycho.
I fucking swear if pedophilia was socially accepted fucking retards would celebrate it.

Yeah you explained it better.

>I fucking swear if pedophilia was socially accepted fucking retards would celebrate it.
Sweetie

Attached: lactaciax750.jpg (750x563, 71K)

The problem is that the Linux community was filled with a particular Jow Forums-level tinfoilhat brand of insane retards from the 1st day and it's only as successful as it is because those particular insane retards work on it.

I doubt it. The average Jow Forumstard doesn't have the thinking ability to solve complex problems. Being autistic and tinfoilhat is a bit different from being a Jow Forumstard.

who dis qt 314?

>that's not even my final form

the correct term is ni/g/gers, user.

Attached: delet.jpg (704x396, 20K)

I actually thought this was gonna be Linux's year. Fucking wrong is what I was.

It's vague and it's made to be abused in the future.
Embrace: get projects to adopt the coc, pretend it's the only way to not miss the amazing contribute of women, shitskins and mentally ill.
Extend: push for a different interpretation of the rules in their favor while pretending it was the original meaning all along.
Extinguish: use it to kick people that don't satisfy their deranged opinions.

You're sperging out about nothing. A COC is only as powerful as it's enforcement. And no, there WILL NOT be some court full of degenerate trannies overseeing it's enforcement, and before you spew any more nonsense, realize that the COC is nothing more than a generic guideline. Read it. The pig that wrote it, is nothing but a larping looney, trying to get far more credit than it deserves. The Linux Foundation could have written to Dear Abbey and got the same generic shit.The real danger is still the vultures on Twitter, who continue to stir shit and ruin peoples lives.

you seem to forget about one small detail
LINUS IS OUT OF KERNEL DEVELOPMENT

>where were you when the faggots became the modern mafia in the IT sector

this is someone falseflagging I can't believe it

>Recap of history that's about to repeat:
node is a fucking meme compared to linux you retard. if the ayo fork didn't happen but happened to node proper instead, and you were a node dev, you could just stop using node and use one of the billion other web stacks out there.

linux being infected by this disease is a very grave situation indeed. it powers more than half the smartphones on the planet, let alone everything else it powers

we're fucked, tech is over.

Remember, no Gentoo

Attached: 1289831916245.png (323x249, 114K)

its called projection

yeah except Trump has yet to mandate daily mandatory Nazi marches in the street or set up queer concentration camps and grab all their nu-pussies or whatever the fuck it was the libs were scared of, or done anything else terrible really, after NEARLY TWO YEARS

yet the tranny who wrote the CoC has tried to kick the ext guy off within 48 hours so uh, maybe we're justified, idk

Same shit happened with OWS, why u think the american public stopped hating on bankers and was convinced to hate on white males? This has been going on for 10 years.

Maybe the large companies will set up a board of trustees full of corporate stooges to control either the current kernel project, in case Linus leaves for good, or a fork, in case Linus goes "rogue". They have most of the contributors in their payroll anyway.

Two days later and then this happens. How am I not surprised. Should note I tweeted back asking if her tweet violated the new CoC. And then I was blocked.

Attached: Screenshot_20180920-202049.png (1080x1920, 213K)

When someone puts more effort into designing a chair like that, they get to fuck over salty poor boys like yourself who haven't done anything with their life.

The Linux kernel isn't going anywhere and all its changes are preserved. If this really turns into a disaster i can tell you what will happen.

All the actual skilled programmers will take the best final build before the takeover and hard fork it and keep working. At fist no one will swap over but then as the two diverge and it becomes clear the the forked version is not only still good but is infact working better then all the major distros will start using that kernel.

Nothing will be lost accept some beta white male feminist orbiters and a bunch of tyranny faggots. Nothing of value.

Attached: upawall.jpg (400x483, 61K)

>One single event (Ayo) does not qualify as history.
Yes. Just like your post that never existed.
>Tiny dots on an endless timeline

>- The GNOME Foundation running short on money because they wasted it on a "Outreach Program for Women".
>- Firefox seeing an additional loss of support from its userbase because Mozilla misappropriated donations for Firefox into social justice socio-political bullcrap
You newfags sure do love referencing years old screenshots. Remember that the pic related is from 2014, and that [The Current Year] is 4 whole years afterward. It was probably outdated even 2 years ago.

See , you insolent nigger-tier brainlet.

See the affixed image.

Attached: 4jd5rsZg.png (728x410, 184K)

Are you really this deluded? You Silicon Valley faggots are dense.

Attached: IMG_0495.jpg (2048x1467, 349K)

>So linux is going to start losing steam.
Yeah basically, even if there is nothing political in the kernel itself nobody wants to willingly work with or be associated the eternally triggered turbodyke tranny whom they know is pouring over their every last word looking for excuses to start shit while contributing nothing of value.
You could just fork Linux but it'd be the turbodyke trannies that get to stay and you'd be the one walking away with the fork and your limp dick in hand.

Friendly reminder that Linus's message stating he was stepping down used mixed Unicode and ASCII and not one of his emails has ever had Unicode in it.
It's very minor signs of editing by a third party that apparently cares much more about appearances than he does - fancier quotation marks appear, for example.

Someone pretending to be a purple haired xir needs to implement a keylogger that intercepts strokes and replaces mean words with acceptable PC speech...such a thing could be a litmus test

He should just pull the same trick the MySQL original dev did...sell out, then fork and make a better product for free.

He clearly meant that one event does not constitute a historical pattern, you dimwit.

What makes you certain they'll all bail at the same time to the same place? Divide and conquer is warfare 101.

FORK IT

overrated but 80k/y senior managers will love it

>What makes you certain they'll all bail at the same time to the same place? Divide and conquer is warfare 101.
IMHO they will not, it will be exactly as described in:
lesswrong.com/posts/ZQG9cwKbct2LtmL3p/evaporative-cooling-of-group-beliefs

can someone explain to me how these people get to the positions they do? most of the time they are uneducated, and completely ignorant of stem principles. it's ridiculous to me that an open source project, something that is intended to be apolitical, and just overall benefit everyone, has turned into a platform of virtue for this retarded political rhetoric. i really hate to come off as a Jow Forumsfag but it's just incredibly difficult to overlook as tech, especially open source / small tech. why can't people just work on what they love anymore with being forced acknowledge all this nonsense. just fucking write code and shut up.

White privilege.
In case you haven't noticed all the SJWs are either middle-aged white male trannies or ugly white women. There's no better example of white privilege than when white leftists get power over organizations and projects they have no skills in whatsoever.

nice bait.

It's not bait. It's consistency with the definition of white privilege and basic observation of who the SJWs are.

Attached: Anglo DNA.jpg (1164x1200, 686K)

Me too
What's it called?

>POC'S(people of colour)

Fucking christ, can you imagine being a PTIW(person that isn't white) anf being around these patronizing fucks? I would be more pissed off at this then racists, racists are just retarded but this is a whole new level of disgusting behavior

Apologetic racism is racism too.

Oonstall gentoo, and have full control.

Man and she used to be fuckable, at least from the looks. Now she's both, shit on the inside and outside.

Well shit
That's overpriced.
Are there any good ergonimic chairs that aren't expensi e as fuck? My back is begging for a decent chair