Lolwtf - Bizarre tech stories

>have Thinkpad since 2011, came with Windows 7
>use Bluetooth often
>upgrade to Windows 10
>Bluetooth disappears
>try everything, Device Manager stuff, drivers still unavailable, it's like it doesn't even have it
>do a clean install of Windows 10
>still nothing
>give up
>...
>last year, laptop starts heating and at a few points overheating and shutting down
>fans are blowing fine, dust removed too
>figure it must be this whole thermal paste thingy that needs replacing
>do it
>ok for a couple of months but then the same overheating problem slowly returns
>dunno why, I must have applied the paste wrong. Too little, too much? Who knows, it was my first time and I'm not techy
>get really busy with other stuff in life, can't really sit down an open it up and do it again and experiment (for some reason I remembered it as a longer procedure than it is)
>anyway, as a stopgap fix, I go to Power Options and limit the processor to 50% max both plugged in and on battery
>I don't do anything processor heavy at all, just basic internets and office, so it's fine
>...

Attached: bluetooth.png (453x111, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15784787
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_of_impossibility
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/657f/fe0516ffd5f003a2193df8b3dcc4c847c9b4.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>today
>have some spare time
>decide to change the thermal paste again
>before I shut down, just check for Windows updates
>nothing new. Shut down, get to work.
>lift the heatsink off the chip, also try to unplug the little plug so I can move it away
>try for like 10 minutes, can't lift the little fucker out of the slot
>try really hard
>*scratch*
>still fail but applied a lot of force so my finger went out of control and I scratched some of the surrounding circuitry
>yikes
>when I was little I fucked up my dad's computer than same way while trying to swap the modems between his PC and the family PC
>shit oh well
>just leave the heatsink still attached to the side
>look at the existing paste
>not very much on there, in my caution I must have put too little last time
>clean existing off, apply new, and a lot more this time
>put everything back, hope I didn't scratch something vital
>load laptop back up
>log in to Windows...
>...see Bluetooth icon in the corner
>WTF
>yep, Bluetooth is back

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

I think is an circuit board stuff

Im not very good on eletronics "i am learning"

dont use bluetooth, it's very harmful

You accidentally adjusted the ratio of electron oscillation on the computers west bridge die lines and this enabled RF transmission within the ESPC spec. You got lucky.

tell me more

>buy laptop
>dual boot windows and Ubuntu
>touchpad doesn’t work on Linux
>oh well
>learn to do everything through command line
>4 months pass
>update windows
>keyboard breaks on windows
>reboot into Linux
>touchpad works

Why didn't you just roll it back to windows 7

>Had a laptop with windows XP
>I think it was a thinkpad x100 or some shit
>Installed win7
>The first restart after install
>Fan is going full speed
>Gets stupid hot
>Dies
>Restart
>Same, but quicker
>Oh shit
>Put it in the freezer
>Reinstall windows XP by leaving it in the freezer
>Goes back to normal afterwards

wireless technologies exert harmful biological activity, there are tons of animal studies proving this. no conclusive study has ever been done on humans because constructing a proper test environment and finding subjects for it is hard, and of course there is no financial incentive for it so no funding.

anyways it causes systemic problems, mostly affecting the brain and the reproductive systems. fatigue, brainfog, memory problems. testicular damage, lowered sperm quality, lowered testosterone levels. its no surprise so many computer geeks become trannies when they bathe in radiation causing low T all day. but these days everyone does, using smartphones and keeping them in their pockets all day. it's only going to get worse with 5g and iot

Dude, you don't have to worry with all that tinfoil you got for a hat there.

Y'see, people like you, I don't like for one reason

>THE SMARTPHONE IN YOUR POCKET AND NEXT TO YOUR EAR IS GOING TO GIVE YOU CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCER

>We live in a society where these signals are being broadcast all around you at all times, whether you have a smartphone in your pocket or not.

The smartphone is a transceiver. It transmits and recieves. And it isn't directional. These waves are all around you, whether or not you have one or not.

tinfoil hats unironically work for blocking out wifi. of course youre only going to get limited protection, it's not enclosed

i didn't even mention cancer, you seem very triggered

of course in our modern society (rise up gamers) you'll be exposed whether you like it or not. distance to the device matters though, you can eliminate a lot of exposure by not personally using wireless devices. if you get on a bus and everyone is streaming content to their phone you're obviously fucked in that situation no matter what you do

ok i was just testing whether you were for real or shitposting
but yes i agree
i don't use it any more

i can't prove it, but i think bluetooth headphones gave me eye floaters
a shitton of floaters appeared suddenyl in my eyes at the same time i was using them
philips
mainly in the right eye, a few in the left
the radio was on the right side of the headset

stopped using them and sold them for different reasons (i hadn't figured it out yet)
no new floaters
but i'm stuck with them
people worry about the effects of the waves on the brainb
but the eyes are right next to the brain, just as delicate, if not more so
just bags of aqueous jelly
i think the bluetooth vibrations (the headphones wasn't just a receiver, it was an emitter because of the audio controls and mic which i used sometimes for phone calls) vibrating and shook up and broke up the watery jelly of my eyes, that's why those broken up bits are floating in there casrting shadows on my vision

i posted this here once before, years ago, but it was met my
>hurr durr fuck off
so i never posted it again
but there you go
believe it or not, i don't care
i just thought it was interesting that i got bluetooth back all of a sudden, but yeah i won't use it again
maybe occasionally just for quick transferring files or whatever
but never against my head that;s for sure

Attached: 1519413101672.jpg (750x1000, 65K)

dont listen to the haters, these are the same people who would say smoking is absolutely safe 50 years ago

anyways i would suggest you stop using as much wireless as possible, no bluetooth, no wifi, turn off 3g/4g on your phone when you're not using it so your balls dont get pinged every second

i'm still stuck in wifi land unfortunately, but hope to one day have a small cottage in the countryside away form as much radiation as possible, and only have wired internet

as for the flaoters, the damage is already done
no new ones
i had been using the bluetooth headphones for about a year
then they came on veyr suddenly
and more kept appearing, it was getting worse quickly
then i sold them on ebay because i couldn't be bothered to charge them any more and was having some annoyance with connection difficulties sometimes
no new ones have appeared afterwards
this was 2014-2015

replying to

People make thousands off your stupidity every day.

I will admit that RF radiation does have an appreciable effect on the human body, and in the ways you described, but the amount of RF you need to absorb (depending on its magnitude) is only a concern for people who work on the antennas.

Attached: Untitled.png (767x346, 94K)

doesnt surprise me, i wouldnt be surprised if the headphones caused them. I have floaters too, dunno why. It sucks but you learn to live with it i guess.

even if youre in an apartment detecting 20 different networks it does make a real difference if you're not personally using a transmitter/receiver. take care of yourself user.

unfortunately there are a ton of scam products, that doesnt mean that the problem doesn't exist. if "civil" society (rise up gamuuurs) would actually acknowledge this issue instead of treating it with disdain, these hapless desparate uneducated sufferers wouldnt be so easily exploited by predatory capitalists

It isn't treated with distain; it is blown out of proportion by people who have a poor grip on the science, and are easily fleeced by scammers.

If people would understand how RF works more, and what infrastructure exists around them already, and even the science behind the smartphone they use every day, there wouldn't be a problem, and any real threats, which do exist, would be reasonably managed.

I put tinfoil hat on my nuts, just in case.

Just makea tinfoil helmet. Duh.

Nobody has been able to prove any sensitivity in a laboratory setting. It's very simple to test, put a radiation source in a room next to the subject and turn it on and off, ask them to tell you when it's off and when it's on.

Nobody has ever succeeded at this test.

You always had these floaters, it's just you never noticed until then. Just like I never noticed I had myopia until 25.

show me the study

Literally the first link in Google on radiosensitivity research.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15784787

give me a specific study instead of some dopey "meta-review"

I can already see where this is going, you're going to pick apart every piece of evidence posted with vague retarded criticisms. Take your cognitive bias and kindly fuck off.

Telling people to educate themselves is retarded. But refusing to do a ten minute search just do you can indulge in your ignorance and pretend it makes your point correct is retarded beyond retarded. The link provided has the research, the first page is it's abstract, you need to read past that to see research body.

>you're going to pick apart every piece of evidence posted with vague retarded criticisms
just like you would do with every single piece of evidence showing harm. thanks for (not) showing your cards

>doesn't know what a meta-review is
we got a genius over here

You can't prove a negative, that isn't how science works. We both (hopefully) know that. All I can do is show you that studies trying to prove it exists have not succeeded, and I could do that all day but you could still pick them apart. At the end of the day the onus is on the claimant.

you pressed the hardware switch

Have you ever heard of quantum mechanics and molecular bond energy threshold? Only photos with frequencies (=energy) above certain threshold can break molecular bonds, thereby causing issues. As it happens, the threshold sits at 800 THz, ie near ultraviolet. The only hazard from lower frequency waves is getting cooked. But that requiresa lot of energy, mobile radio data transmission devices operate in micro power rangers - to save battery. It's easy to calculate how fast the battery would die if it radiated at, say, a kilowatt.

>You can't prove a negative, that isn't how science works.
You're quite literally retarded. Stupid NPC.

>All I can do is show you that studies trying to prove it exists have not succeeded, and I could do that all day but you could still pick them apart.
So we're at the point where neither of us will present any relevant clinical evidence, and both of us are stating the same reason for it.

>At the end of the day the onus is on the claimant.
This isn't a court room. I don't see any reason on wasting time on convincing a literal retard like you, you've already told exactly how you're gonna react to any evidence posted.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_of_impossibility

Nigger, you're the electromagnetism's equivalent of a flat earther, you don't get to call anyone brainless.

stupid niggercattle

>wireless technologies exert harmful biological activity, there are tons of animal studies proving this.

If you really believe this you should go into the deepest mine or bunker you can and freeze yourself to absolute zero.

Attached: mario_no.png (1000x1515, 47K)

Here's the thing, you can't post a single study from an accredited well regarded journal that shows a positive correlation.

Top tier brainlet right here. Please scroll down to the "natural sciences" section, because that's the discussion we are having.

>Here's the thing, you can't post a single study from an accredited well regarded journal that shows a positive correlation.
I never claimed that anyone could detect and determine wireless

I never claimed that anyone could say when they're being exposed or not, you're the only one who made a claim one way or another regarding that. I did claim that there is tons of evidence showing harmful biological effect on animals.

I really need to go to bed but here is a study originally ordered by the office of naval research, a governmental, and military, entity.
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/657f/fe0516ffd5f003a2193df8b3dcc4c847c9b4.pdf

Your phone isn't emitting microwaves dude

It is if you connect it to a wifi network, wifi is microwave.

this. rememeber, mess with the best die like all of the rest

Attached: 1508572572251.jpg (780x589, 74K)

Attached: 180px-PennLeft.png (180x191, 50K)

lmao you fucking retard, fucking luddite

what do you think 2.4GHz means? maybe it's the router processor??? hmmmmm....

this paper and the paper it primarily cites involves trapping small animals inside cylindrical waveguides
I don't know about you but I don't spend my entire day trapped inside a cylindrical waveguide

I had a similar experience with a ThinkPad, except it was with the wifi and not the bluetooth.

that 2.4ghz will only matter if I'm enclosed inside an oven with it

good thing it's a double blinded test then

yes goy, smoking is only harmful if you do it in an enclosed environment. if you smoke outdoors its safe :^)

how come if I put some un-popped popcorn on top of my router and then start torrenting over wifi I don't get a tasty treat?

Attached: Ohwow.jpg (562x437, 36K)

>comparing it to smoking
enclosed or not, you're breathing in the same amount cigarette smoke through that filter

those particles arent magically going away if you sit enclosed in a small environment

come on dude, do you really think the word microwave is derived from microwave ovens? they do run on the same wavelength as wifi. radar also uses microwaves, they use another wavelenght though. running a microwave can actually kill your wifi signal if it's located appropriately and your microwave is leaky enough

>aren't magically going away
But they are way too spread out to actually do anything, that's the point. Are you also willing to argue that visible light is actually harmful to humans.

Yes it is. 2G, 3G, 4G, and upcoming 5G are all microwave.

>second hand smoke isn't dangerous

lol you faggot nigger, you cried about there not being any evidence but as soon as it was posted you disappeared

>he thinks physical particles obey the inverse square law
those particles do disperse sure but they also stick to clothes and shit and they can still harm

radio waves get weaker, the further they get from the source
You're not sitting next to a high power transmitter and your phone only emits at a laughably low power