When will they stop teaching object oriented in college?

When will they stop teaching object oriented in college?

Attached: wGNKKBdrRwd49KoyCKWshDy4nlD3iNu1t71djEy0Lk4.jpg (640x1032, 99K)

When something better comes along.

Say object oriented programming
Objetivice women and minories,enforce binary gender,put hierarchies and perpetue white privilegue.

Why should they? It works.

When you lose your virginity.

What, you mean like component based design with event driven messaging?

>Only object oriented programming has long names in anything

kill yourself you dumb pajeet.

>The theory of mind. This merits a lengthy essay in itself, but basically, theory of mind argues that people with ASD lack the ability to recognise that other people think differently. So, because someone with ASD might take things literally, when they hear someone else say something like ‘I’m a real ball of fire after a couple of drinks’ they think this is literally true because the person with ASD only uses language literally.

Why does it matter ? OO as part of my degree consisted of like 2 intro classes where you forced to program like that. The rest of my classes outside a few projects let you do programming projects in whatever language you wanted.

Never, nothing beats it. It's the easiest and fastest way to obtain the behaviour you wish when dealing with complex project.

Are you retarded? You never end up stringing together 40 variables in anything else, and Java is known for being verbose by default.

in my intro cs class 10 years ago, the professor was saying functional programming would be the thing to learn in 5 years after that, OOP still going, wish he was right

>functional programming
>NO LOOPS user ONLY STD::GENERATE
Oh ok cool I'll make everything 20 times more complicated
>looks into generate function
>while(first!=last)...

Fuck functional programming

>STD::GENERATE
Maybe try a functional language sometime instead of a horrible monstrosity with functional features duct taped onto it.

>java
is that only oo language that you know about pajeet?

>NO LOOPS user ONLY RECURSIVE CALLS
Oh ok cool I'll make everything 20 times more complicated

Fuck functional programming

Not sure what are you trying to imply here. Object oriented approach is great for implementing component based design with event driven messaging.

Once colleges stop getting rewarded for passing poor students.

Which do I start with?

But Java is the language in the OP. No one said other languages aren't verbose as well. You're arguing against something said by no one.

Idiots think when you're coding in OOP you're only allowed to use inheritance for everything

>thread about oop
>claim that oop is verbose
>but java is known to be verbose!
excuse me for reading this as one user knowing only java as oop language, because it fucking reads so.

>no one said other languages are not verbose.
... fucking reaf this thread imbecile.

How else are you supposed to achieve polymorphism in e.g. Java?

what do components have to do with achieving polymorphism?