This is why Linus Torvalds left Linux

He knew that a New Yorker hit piece about muh wymynz was going to be published, so he stepped down:

>Torvalds’s decision to step aside came after The New Yorker asked him a series of questions about his conduct for a story on complaints about his abusive behavior discouraging women from working as Linux-kernel programmers. In a response to The New Yorker, Torvalds said, “I am very proud of the Linux code that I invented and the impact it has had on the world. I am not, however, always proud of my inability to communicate well with others—this is a lifelong struggle for me. To anyone whose feelings I have hurt, I am deeply sorry.”

newyorker.com/science/elements/after-years-of-abusive-e-mails-the-creator-of-linux-steps-aside

Attached: wp_ss_20180920_0002 (2).png (1075x1572, 813K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lkml.org/lkml/2012/12/23/75
newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/we-now-know-more-about-the-apparent-poisoning-of-the-pussy-riot-member-pyotr-verzilov/
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19419899.2017.1328459
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The full article, so you don't have to click on Jewish shit

Attached: 3sZpADj.jpg (912x6997, 951K)

>“I’m sitting in my home office wearign [sic] a bathrobe,” Torvalds wrote. ”The same way I’m not going to start wearing ties, I’m also not going to buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because THAT is what ‘acting professionally’ results in: people resort to all kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their normal urges in unnatural ways.”

Baste

Hell hath no focus like an autist with a goal.

FUCKING
JEWS

Attached: Marxist Tactic 1.png (1081x950, 111K)

christ

>Cohen
EVERY GODDAMN TIME

>discouraging women from working as Linux-kernel programmers
>WAAAH NO SILLY BOY *I* WANNA PLAY GIVE ME THAT TOY NOW

This is work, this is a job to get done. Nobody cares who does it as long as it is done. They care about the game of things, they want to fuck around. Nobody cares if the developers are all men, all chimps or all a bunch of fucking hermaphroditic dwarves. As long as the job and the task are fucking completed.

It's kinda weird, even with the slant they tried to put on it, that article still just makes women look bad. The conclusion seems to be "All-male organization works effectively, but women can't handle criticism"

lkml.org/lkml/2012/12/23/75
>Mauro, SHUT THE FUCK UP!
>Shut up, Mauro.
Why does Jow Forums think this is OK? There's only two things you can do in response to this: bow your head and pretend like you're not offended, or tell Linus to shove it up his ass. If you do the latter, say goodbye to being a maintainer. The developer of course responded with the former. The reason? He's employed by Redhat, and thus payed to be a spineless pushover if it means his code gets into the kernel. But for voluntary contributors, having someone, especially Linus, tell you to "shut the fuck up" elicits the only none-cowardly response applicable, which is responding in kind. Clearly this kind of behavior from Linus is a one-way ticket that benefits only him because he's the big bad boss.

Guido van Rossum sounds like a HUGE cuck in this story... god damn.

What you wrote has nothing to do with muhsoggyneee

wow thanks user
everytime some frogposter has a link to archive.is I have a hard time dealing with their utter lack of insight
Just because it's not google doesn't mean it's not archive.is

>Please just kill yourself now. The world will be a better place
>Guys this is not a dick-sucking contest
>SHUT THE FUCK UP

holy shit he truly was /our guy/. RIP

Attached: new_linoxx.png (1200x796, 596K)

but it reflects poorly on torvalds as a communicator?
get the fuck off your one track temper tantrum to women hell hole and start thinking for yourself.

An unwillingness for open adversarial behavior is a quintessentially feminine phenomenon.
>why can't everyone be a backstabbing little bitch like me
>you're so sexist
Meanwhile men call each other fucking retards, come to some sort of agreement, then move on to the next task.

>The Girl write shitty drivers USB3 for kernel as intel employer.

So is Linus actually fully out of the picture now?

I thought this was just temporary?

>(((((((NOAM COHEN)))))))

>Cohen

> There's only two things you can do in response to this
you forgot "not doing dumb shit in the first place and putting the blame on someone else"

But I love The New Yorker.

All the big tech guru's of the 80s/ 70's only got there by being at the right time/place/building the right product at the right time. If Bill Gates didn't start building computers in a garage some other fucker would've. If no one bought those computers, Microsoft may not even exist now. Same applies to Steve Jobs and Apple. Just like stock, pick the right one when shits cheap, 20 years later your a rich fucker (Amazon anyone?). Pick wrong, you lose your investment. Linus Torvalds is no different; right place, right product, right time.

Neck yourself, then

gregkh isn't going to give back the keys, he's an activist

Why must The New Yorker make EVERYTHING about identity politics?

'Kay I'll do it with your mom's dick right after I'm done with her tonight.

(((New Yorker)))

newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/we-now-know-more-about-the-apparent-poisoning-of-the-pussy-riot-member-pyotr-verzilov/

People found a use for their gender studies degrees

(((Cultural Marxism)))

>more than a thousand of the twenty-one thousand e-mails Torvalds sent in a four-year period used the word "crap."
THINK OF THE CHILDREN! But seriously, they look fucking pathetic bitching about Torvalds using a few curse words when he is just trying to make sure his code is perfect since almost every industry in the world relies on it. Also
>Cohen
I'm genuinely starting to think Jow Forums was right and we're going to have to have a civil war to remove the (((problem)))

maybe if young women weren't told by all their superiors that they will be harshly discriminated against by evil men at every opportunity they would focus on actually getting good instead of becoming jaded and feeling like they deserve to be there without any real knowledge or skill

oh well haha

There's a difference between refusing to sugar coat your thoughts and outright berating someone though. If you tell me my argument is based on a fundamental flaw in logic or misunderstanding of a concept, that's one thing. It's another to just call me a troglodytic faggot, especially under the disingenuous guise of efficiency.

>Why does Jow Forums think this is OK?
Because it's Linus' code.
>he's the big bad boss
No he isn't.
He's not anyone's boss.
Linus isn't paying for contributions.
They are contributed.
Just because you're giving something, doesn't make it good.
Do you give bags of lice infested clothes to Goodwill and expect them to thank you?
The problem with you kids is that you are pussies.
You never heard the phrase "Sticks and stones" have you?
Go gag on some more tranny cock you fat 400lb waste of oxygen.
Bunch of goddamn millennials.

>muh Jews

Man fuck these cunts. What the fuck can we do Jow Forums?

Gassing feminists and trannies would be a good solution.

lmao NO. Gates and Jobs started with a ton of money and some powerful marketing. They built a market nobody thought they wanted by having a vision of a goal. It's not like what we have was an eventuality, it's the result of many people pushing and pulling on that initial seed from Xerox PARC and AT&T UNIX. If either Jobs or Gates weren't around, we'd have very different things today. Primarily smartphones likely wouldn't exist because nobody would think there was a market for putting trillions into sticking a computer into everyone's pocket.

for (you)

>A couple of years later, she published an online manual, “HOWTO Encourage Women in Linux,” which included chapters named “Don’t criticize too much,” “Do compliment,”

Your code is shit but because you're a minority we're going to have to go with it

>muh goys

CoC changes nothing.

Instead of Linux out right making you look like a fool he'll have to sugar coat it and politely tell you to fuck off.

I love how you guys believe this lore
The US Govt appoints the winners
In return, the winners are required to pay back in the form of spying and control
Linux is a problem, precisely because it won entirely on its merits and freedom from spying and control
This CoC is the final destruction
If everyone migrates to some other fringe thing, they win because the center of gravity was destroyed
If you stay in place, they still win because you're now under their control
To win, we'd have to find a new center of gravity and all migrate there together
But they know if one is suggested, it will be called out as shilling

We're in a very dark place now
I don't think we have much time left
Trump is our last hope

FORK FORK FORK MAKE RMS FORK THE KERNEL.

so basicly it doesnt matter if your code is shit you can proclaim your self as a tranny or a woman and claim that they are sexist therefore your code will be accepted and essentially bloat a near perfect kernel

i wonder if he is going to create a "new" kernel

In which case Linus could have simply explained why he was wrong, and why the code is bad. What does the "shut the fuck up" add? Nothing, it's not even an invitation to response in kind, because doing so will get you booted.
>Just because you're giving something, doesn't make it good.
No one said it is. But time and effort is good. The guy he was is a longtime contributor, and even he mentions that.
>You never heard the phrase "Sticks and stones" have you?
Ok, what would happened if you told Linus to shove it up his ass in response to a tirade? Do you really think it would end well one your part? No. So this applies more to Linus than anyone else. You never heard the phrase "It's just code", have you?

Imagine every dumbshit on Jow Forums was making commit requests to your enormous project without knowing what theyre doing and then starting huge long email chains with you about how NO ITS RIGHT WHY WONT YOU ACCEPT IT

You would get into that mode pretty fast too, especially coming from a culture that tolerated that level of harshness (finland)

Torvalds seems like a pain to work with, being a stereotypical uppity nerd. But the CoC shit is way worse and is a poison pill. Having a shithead leader who can still get things done is not as bad as the development scene around the project getting pozzed. Fags, women, non-whites/asians are 99% of the time worse than useless and are overall a net negative. You can tell this is the case because there has been a big push to force these groups onto tech for no reason other than being a part of the aforementioned groups. They are just seeking idpol sinecures. Once inside they start playing stupid power games and hampering the ability for people to get real work done.

The fate of linux is pretty much sealed at this point. It will continue due to momentum and funding. The neo-stazis will grind away at anyone who has ever crossed clownworld beliefs, which has the same effect of driving talent away. It will limp along and eventually be surpassed by something else.

Too bad so sad. Let this be a lesson not to give into the demands of lunatics. Sjw types do not argue in good faith, all they believe is might makes right. There is no such thing as truth to them, discussion is just a form of violence, and the ends justify the means. They are ideologues who seek to take over organizations through trojan horses like CoCs.

Pic related, from Damore's lawsuit, an example of their mentality.

Attached: DTCqa-XX0AA6DJs.jpg (761x763, 103K)

>Trump is our last hope
Lol

>CoC changes nothing
>except for the way the contributors are forced to behave
Hmmmm

At my previous job it was pretty much all men, and now I work at a hospital and it's all women.

And I couldn't agree more user. I'd rather have honest dudes around me and have open fights about shit that happens than the constant psychological warfare that is the woman workplace.

>implying blumph
Just a stooge of the Israeli Likudniks m9.

>could have just explained
He likely did or *does not have the fucking time to do so*. He is sifting through commits all fucking day and if you commit some awful crap and he tells you to fuck off, that means its so shitty its not worth explaining the denial and you should improve your skills before trying again.

This isnt a goddamn classroom. This is no different from your team lead chewing you out for repeatedly trying to merge broken shitty awful useless code.

>Nothing, it's not even an invitation to response in kind, because doing so will get you booted.
Would it have?

Has stallman said anything

yeah, pretty abrasive. but this "if you do retarded shit and I'll point a spotlight on it and call it out" style of leadership is just what you need for such a big project like the kernel. I rather have a stable kernel that is hard to change then a buggy pos that has allowed useless bloated bullshit to be introduced because "it would've hurt xir feelings if we didn't merge it".

>Can no longer admonish shitty commits
>Codebase turns to trash because nobody else has the vigor to call shit when they see it
Wow its almost like youre a fucking retard

>fags
Lots of gays are smart as fuck.

Attached: 220px-Alan_Turing_Aged_16.jpg (220x299, 14K)

>why won't he suffer fools?
cool tone policing

he said he's not in favour of such CoCs

>Meanwhile men call each other fucking retards, come to some sort of agreement, then move on to the next task.
lol

You mean the ones who didn't dedicate their time to sucking cock and remained semi-celibates (like Turing related)?

Blowing my fucking mind here user.

Freebsd CoC in nutshell

stallman is an advocate for free software and realizes on some fundamental level that SJW's are hipster-fascists and will ruin FOSS if left to their own devices.

I wonder how long until he mobilizes the spaghetti-brigade?

Yeah, lots of people on Jow Forums have barely any experience with men and women outside the Internet, so they just copy-paste other people's sociological opinions. This: might well be an example.

>Bunch of goddamn millennials.
What are you some 50 year old fuck in a basement?

arguing with holes dot jaypeg

People who try to add shit code and then won't listen when you tell them it's shit need to be discouraged, and if you do it nicely they won't get the message. Sometimes you do need the ability to tell people "fuck off with your shitty code", especially for the most important software project in the whole world.

Stay of Jow Forums schizo

>You mean the ones who didn't dedicate their time to sucking cock
Most gays don't dedicate their time to sucking cock.

They tried to get him once already with the libreboot shit

Is there any history of discourse proving otherwise?

So smart they have chemsex parties and keep diseases like HIV around due to how much they fuck.

It doesn't matter how smart they are. They are annoying to be around and are naturally unsettling. Even people who say they are fine with gays still have innate disgust reactions to them. This has a negative effect on productivity, obviously. Mostly I was thinking of trannies though, such as the one who created this linux CoC. They are the most extreme type of prurient, drug addicted, mentally unstable, combative gay.

Attached: computer-science-trannies.png (3640x2140, 1.45M)

>We need promote white supremacist feminism

So can we find out if his family was threatened?

Linus just doesn't strike me as a hypocrite. But if there's evidence that he is one, by all means present it.

It's always right. But seriously, at least Linus Torvalds isn't part of linux anymore. Now they can worry about transgender shit and this will make it better for some reason.

>millennial
>listens to taylor swift
>never even seen a mosh pit
You're an embarrassment to your parents

>So smart they have chemsex parties and keep diseases like HIV around due to how much they fuck.
Most gays aren't like that.
>They are annoying to be around and are naturally unsettling.
To you, user. To you.

Reminder that he took Mathew Garrett in for the FSF board. RMS is no better than cucked Linus.

Though I guess we can always hope the kernel will become absolute garbage in a year or two, and then cucked Linus will become Punished Linus, make a regression to 4.16, and double down.

>Most gays aren't like that.

"Prior to the AIDS epidemic, a 1978 study found that 75 percent of white, gay males claimed to have had more than 100 lifetime male sex partners: 15 percent claimed 100-249 sex partners; 17 percent claimed 250-499; 15 percent claimed 500- 999; and 28 percent claimed more than 1,000 lifetime male sex partners. Levels of promiscuity subsequently declined, but some observers are concerned that promiscuity is again approaching the levels of the 1970s. The medical consequence of this promiscuity is that gays have a greatly increased likelihood of contracting HIV/AIDS, syphilis and other STDs."

But of course anybody who has seen a pride parade knows your full of it.

>To you, user. To you.

The results of the current study suggest that all individuals, not just highly sexually prejudiced individuals, may experience a physiological response indicative of stress when witnessing a male same-sex couple kissing.
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19419899.2017.1328459

Attached: child-sex-case.jpg (464x520, 39K)

>For a research project, Squire used e-mails from Torvalds to train a computer to recognize insults. According to Squire’s tabulations, more than a thousand of the twenty-one thousand e-mails Torvalds sent in a four-year period used the word “crap.” “Slut,” “bitch,” and “bastard” were employed much less frequently during that period. Squire told me that she found few examples of gender bias. “He is an equal-opportunity abuser,” she said. Squire added, though, that for non-male programmers the hostility and public humiliation is more isolating. Over time, many women programmers leave the community. “Women throw in the towel first,” she told me. “They say, ‘Why do I need to put up with this?’

So in other words, women are weak and emotional and just can't take it. Tech culture and business in general has always thrived on asshole-intensity. Imagine if steve jobs wasn't able to found apple because of how much of an asshole he was?
If women are going to ruin this, we should just encourage sexual harassment so that they can have the hostile culture they deserve.

>In 2013, Sharp, who is nonbinary and uses “they/them” pronouns, confronted Torvalds on his home turf—the public Linux kernel mailing list. Sharp described Torvalds as “one of the worst offenders when it comes to verbally abusing people and publicly tearing their emotions apart.”

All genderqueers should be imprisoned and waterboarded until they die.

>I guess we can always hope the kernel will become absolute garbage in a year or two
Hello Bill Gates

Having lots of sex partners doesn't mean you're having a bunch of unsafe sex. I used to live with a guy who had banged ~100 women, and he was a perfectly rational chap who only ever got one minor STD in his life, as far as I know.
Pride parades are not representative of gays in general.
There might be some mild semi-conscious discomfort that's built into us, I suppose, and triggers when observing gays. But if you have any sort of noticeable conscious negative reaction when you see men kiss each other, you are a sensitive snowflake just like the people who are offended by Linus.

Is he our only hope?

Attached: 1537144566696.jpg (890x310, 139K)

So do women actually care about tech or do they just care about the prestige associated with it?

Ever notice how one of the complaints these SJW types is that, to be more diverse and accomodating for women, tech companies have to reduce the number of hours worked for women for a better "work-life" balance? Why do you think that is?

LOL
Who do you think you're fooling queer?

Well, there's Alan Cox, but I don't think anyone has ever put on the gloves to face Linus in kind. Of course a lot of the times Linus is right, but he's also abusive for no real reason.

>Most gays don't dedicate their time to sucking cock.
I mean in more ways than just literal cock sucking.
> LGBT advocacy
> state enforced homosexuality
> basing your entire personality on being a cock-sucker
> etc.

far too many fags do the above, i only respect bros who do something worthwhile with their life.

>>also by a tranny
why do we let these people exist?

Jow Forums needs to cheer him up by calling him a pussy.

God I hate America.

>But I love The New Yorker.
Oy Vey, Jew Yorker is Kosher

Attached: kawaii merchant.png (712x649, 30K)

It's quite possible that you disproportionately notice the gays who act like that, but when it comes to gays who don't act like that, you just assume that they're straight because they don't fit your profile of a stereotypical gay.
And wtf are you talking about when you say "state enforced homosexuality"?

>Having lots of sex partners doesn't mean you're having a bunch of unsafe sex.

A group where the average partner count is in the tripple digits is not concerned about safety. We are talking about a group that has anonymous sex in public bathrooms. That uses VCR cleaner to get high. That fetishizes getting/spreading HIV. That will drink strangers' piss, like trophman, or the guy on video from a recent pride parade. That is known for grooming and raping young boys. That tries all the time to rub their degenerate lifestyle in the face of normal people- that's the whole point of pride parades, or searching out a bakery that doesn't want to be a part of your sham marriage. Speaking of gay marriage, despite the big fuss they threw, almost none of them get married. Of course, almost no gays are monogamous, or even know most of their partners for longer than a few hours. Even the gays that do get married usually have an open relationship that exists mostly for tax fraud. So no. Nobody is buying that secretly this group cares about safe sex. Look at how they screamed in pain as the bathhouses got closed to try and stop the spread of HIV.

god you're such a bluepilled faggot

You have a very strange and distorted idea of the average gay.

>Please just kill yourself now. The world will be a better place
>Guys this is not a dick-sucking contest
>SHUT THE FUCK UP

Based & Red Pilled

Attached: Terry.png (450x399, 223K)