"so user, it says here on your resume that you have experience with 'Linux'. care to explain why you omitted the 'GNU'...

>"so user, it says here on your resume that you have experience with 'Linux'. care to explain why you omitted the 'GNU'? After all, Linux is just the kernel"

Attached: 28609014-bad-job-interview.jpg (1300x939, 125K)

it's for the dumber recruiters

Well actually Linux IS a kernel, but it's a monolithic kernel. That means it does a lot more things than other popular kernels and therefore is not really comparable. GNU tools are often used but there are alternatives to them, meaning that the only thing that's common between different systems is Linux. That makes it a good generalization term when talking about things that aren't Windows or MacOS. It's purely for convenience. I could say the one thing that all my systems have in common, or I could specifically list all the components that create the full system. Obviously that would be more exhausting to the talker and the listener.

Attached: OS-structure2.png (1499x383, 59K)

Said no one ever.

You're only getting asked this question because you didn't march into their office, give them a firm handshake and look them straight in the eye. It's your own fault really.

kek

The OS is the kernel. Change my mind.

> The OS is the kernel. Change my mind.
Try to boot it.

Okay let me just use busybox and i'll be right with you

I don't have much experience with gnu so I omitted it

Yeah. And?

>he thinks busybox can boot a kernel
Thanks, you will hear from us.

>he doesn't know about uefi
The kernel has an "init" param, you can pass it literally anything and it will execute it, like bash or busbox shell implementation.
And yes you can boot straight from uefi to the kernel with out a bootloader.

>>"so user, it says here on your resume that you have experience with 'Linux'. care to explain why you omitted the 'GNU'? After all, Linux is just the kernel"
Because I have experience with kernel development and making drivers for the Linux kernel.

Gtfo, Crowder.

dont you fucking talk to stephen crowder that way

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 19.27.47.jpg (1344x1730, 306K)

>Try to boot it
I do that every day. Linux kernel has a built-in command line. I put required parameters in it and UEFI does all the rest.

What are you? His fucking wife?

/thread

I wish.

These days they expect you to avoid their eyes, give a sweaty and limp handshake, and slurp your basedlen meal-drink.

Linux as a word has multiple meaning, using it to refer to the kernel or the entire OS based around the kernel is valid.

I do not support stealing credit.

Don't get uppity with me negro

Attached: 1535393942664.png (380x349, 52K)