Apologize now Jow Forums

You should all be ashamed of yourselves making fun of our CoCs. Our CoCs are beautiful. Transphobia is never ok and white men should just stop using linux all together if they cant learn to be accepting of our CoCs. Coraline is a brave woman and her CoC is needed desperately by the open source community. Apologize right now or you will be kicked from our accepting diverse island.

Attached: 1286554339.jpg (216x234, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

postmeritocracy.org/
newyorker.com/science/elements/after-years-of-abusive-e-mails-the-creator-of-linux-steps-aside
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

go see a doctor, dumb kike.

neck yourself

>CoC
Every fucking time

Attached: Coc.png (633x394, 53K)

Attached: dwojt.jpg (439x290, 23K)

what I don't understand is what the purpose of this stuff is?
Codes of conduct and other similar stuff just seems like a load of nonsense that contributes nothing relevant and only makes real development more difficult.

The purpose is pozzing projects and destroy them from the inside, FOSS is under attack because having open code that people can freely inspect, audict and modify is harmful to the control structure of the new world government, you must only use their closed source surveillance devices

All these snowflakes are just the front of something much more malicious at hand, which control the narrative to push these retards forward with their victim complex all while they get paid through several intermediaries to promote the agenda

>most CoCs say that you should only be judged by your contributions and that better code should prevail over shittier code
>somehow it's a bad thing
The problem isn't that CoCs exist, it's the stupid SJWs that get triggered over basic terminology we've been using for decades. Those are the ones we have to weed out.

where's the male version for trollation purposes?
ps mods are jews and working against our interests

>open code that people can freely inspect, audict and modify is harmful to the control structure of the new world government

Enlighten me, how do these leftie cocs prevent you from the inspection of the open code?

I wanna give Coraline my CoC

He's saying cocs are the beginning of the end of open source

They don't. They alienate good coders (men, for the most part) until the project becomes inferior to its proprietary competitors.

They're not looking to ban open source, they know they can't do that. But if they can weaken the talent pool and disrupt the community to keep a project repressed, they'll settle for that.

Don't worry friends! We just have to petition Jow Forums to implement a CoC!

Then all the hate and bigotry will disappear overnight and everyone will comply!

>i can't make rape jokes in my commits anymore reeeeeee
literally the state of Jow Forums

First they take our rape jokes, then they'll come for our lolis!

>what I don't understand is what the purpose of this stuff is?
To relinquish control from the group to the few.

Imagine becoming a dictator just because some other people told you that they dislike you.

Remember call trans for birth names,real sex, use natural pronoun and pre op photos.

nobody did that in the first place

I thought the thing that Jow Forums was upset over is something about the race and gender of the contributor to be a factor of accepting their code, not just the code itself?

Some big corporate entity is trying to destroy Linux so they can take full control over it. This looks like psyops with the report and all. My guess would be Amazon is trying to gain control of it.

All what cares is quality of code. No need to push all this CoC garbage.
Is there at least ONE incident where someone's code was rejected because of gender, race or mental illness (trannies i.e.)?

>sweet tears of white male... mmmm...
>now it's only thing that turns me on...

>quality of code.
>quality
How ableist of you! :^)

You did this to yourself

Attached: image.jpg (1024x789, 488K)

No one thinks that.

This is a Microsoft employee trying to discourage people from doing open source development.

Here's a redpill for everyone:

* Corporation development is pozzed because all corporations are now run by SJW feminists
* Open source is going the same way

The white man's way to develop software is shareware. Write your own software, don't let cunts get involved with its development, and sell it for a few bucks to other people. I'm going this route with the stuff I'm doing right now. Maybe I will utterly fail, but at least I will have tried living as a free man rather than a slave.

Attached: jf.png (626x622, 69K)

postmeritocracy.org/

"We do not believe that our value as human beings is intrinsically tied to our value as knowledge workers. Our professions do not define us; we are more than the work we do."
Looks like a bunch of brainlets starving for weeks came up with idea how to get into tech industry.
God... I hate these mental ill cunts so much.
Non technical skills or someone's personality should not be considered for technical workplace.

Does this apply to everyone?

Too many CoCs kills the CoC.

>Out Jew them
YES!

Attached: 1537222169787.gif (450x450, 776K)

Oh boy yet another cross post from Jow Forums in an attempt to spread epic memes.

People with jobs in technology don't spend more than a couple seconds thinking about this type of stuff.

It's mainly just jobless NEETs on reddit and Jow Forums.

>oy vey shut it down

Attached: 1536855948509.jpg (825x1280, 50K)

developers don't care about the HR department literally taking over their hobby?

Unix aren't supposed to have CoCs, they are supposed to emasculated.

it's a weapon against wrongthink.

>corporations are now run by SJW feminists
lol

>The white man's way
....TERRY?

>white men should just stop using linux all together if they cant learn to be accepting of our CoCs.
I'm literally moving to *BSD

heh

If it wasn't for the fact the comments of the CoC's site creator were as shitty, would we really care?

I mean seriously, go read the actual CoC - not the the intro that bitches about white people and all that. The actual CoC. It isn't that bad - it pretty much says "Don't be a dick" - there's nothing specific about "you have to accept shit commits from people because they're x color or identify as y gender" or that white male commits should be ignored etc.

Thus, it will be up to the implementation of the CoC on every project - some will politically correct it sky high, others will not etc. So yeah its okay to be worried about, but frankly it in a of itself could be used to actually undo politically correct nonsense - when pink flipped hairdo decides to tell some competent person to GTFO, yo ucan say "but hold on now, you're not using inclusive language and I don't feel very valued as a contributor with your attacks".

If someone had put up the exact same CoC but wrote the intro to something like "Hey guys, Linux and open source is growing and that's great. However, because of this we're going to shoot ourselves in the foot if we just howl FUCK OFF RTFM which allows people to focus on the dickishness of a few spergs in our community as opposed to the merits of our software. So here's this CoC that basically says don't be a dick to anyone, so use it to control your antisocial assholes so they don't make the rest of us look bad"

I don't think people would be that upset, really. Its just because of the intro written by someone who both sounds and exactly looks the part of a "SJW" caricature showed up, not the actual content of the agreement itself.

this has to be pasta

the content of the CoC is irrelevant, you are so clueless at social games it's not even funny

which senior developers decided that the CoC was a good idea and pushed for it? oh, was in none, why is it adopted then? because it was pushed from outside

who do you think will be in charge to enforce it? senior developers? or the people who pushed for it from outside? enjoy getting blacklisted if you have any forbidden opinion published anywhere on the internet

This sky is falling nonsense isn't helping. Seriously, "people who pushed it from outside". How does that exactly work with a small or average sized open source project? Its up to the core devs to accept it or not. Someone can come on and claim "Accept it or else" from outside and devs can say "Who the hell are you exactly, to our community? YOu don't work here, you don't offer content... so why the hell are we going to listen to you?"

Now, on larger project who CHOOSE for whatever reason to bring politically correct "diversity managers" into their inner circle and give them power etc... I can see how they'd be able to pressure and whatnot, but they're already inside the gates so to speak and have been formally given power as part of the community -t hey didn't just show up on an Issues board somewhere and suddenly lambaste the devs of the project into doing what they said.

The "Social games" only have to do with if they're a part of your society in the first place and given any credence. And aside from that the content of the CoC itself absolutely does matter because it means that people could adhere to it and be "technically correct, the best kind of correct" without giving every bellyaching person with an axe to grind credence; this couldb't be possible if it actually said "We are going to accept an equal number of commits from each racial group and gender" or something equally as foolish. But it doesn.t

>It isn't that bad - it pretty much says "Don't be a dick"
then why isn't the CoC just literally "we agree to not be dicks around here"?

>Someone can come on and claim "Accept it or else" from outside and devs can say "Who the hell are you exactly, to our community? YOu don't work here, you don't offer content... so why the hell are we going to listen to you?"
lol, and then they literally write an article about you in The New Yorker
newyorker.com/science/elements/after-years-of-abusive-e-mails-the-creator-of-linux-steps-aside

and you are forced to take a "vacation" to go to reeducation camp

Because "being a dick" is subjective, and like anything you have to spell it out to some degree exactly what that means.

Think of the worst neckbeard spergs of the open source stereotype who bitch at every noob that walks through the door over simple things - they usually don't think they're being dicks, they think they're totally justified in telling some guy who just booted up Ubuntu for the first time he's a fucking idiot for not knowing some long command to do something arcane, which isn't reasonable. There are reasons why some of the more viable projects out there have made some sort of "lets not be dicks" (ie Arch for instance has a number of these such as the "We have a noob forum, you cannot come in here and call people out for noob mistakes or fuckups. This is where they are supposed to be noobs. If you don't want to help noobs, don't come in here) code of conduct, but it is most typically in the rules section of a forum or something, not "formal".

However, I think the best way forward for many projects is to make modified versions of the CoC so they are not vulnerable to people saying "See, no CoC evil horrible etc" , still have some acceptable standards of the community, and overall get the best of both worlds by people not being dicks.

what issue is the CoC solving? it's not like people were hating on minorities and women on the linux mailing list

I don't know about every project and they all have different possible issues. I imagine given what we've heard about Linux and Linus himself, it has to do with the long standing culture of open source to be tolerant of behavior that wouldn't be acceptable in the workplace.

Linus can call someone a fuckwad or say their code is shitty, that its not a dick sucking contest etc... on an email list, but admittedly if he had done this in most first world conference rooms he would have been taken down to HR for being an ass. The "other side" is basically saying because of this kind of behavior, it makes people who are not already okay with that kind of behavior, not want to contribute. If Linus had said "This code isn't anywhere near the level of proficiency necessary to merge much less directly into the kernel. Work on your skills, submit to other projects and modules etc... but you're wasting your time and mine by bringing this across my desk. Please adhere to our policies and do not bring this in here again", instead of "FUCKING KILL YOURSELF THIS IS SHIT", they wouldn't be able to bitch.

I guess in theory a CoC, if a line of it basically says "You can't curse at people, call them names, or insult them personally as opposed to their work", it means everyone knows that and attempts to adhere to a single standard of behavior in that regard? The same way you can't fling shit at coworkers who annoy you.

degenerate

Which viewpoint has institutional power (in academia, corporations/HR, education, NGOsm, bureaucracy) on all cultural and social issues in the west?

These people have destroyed the lives of many and will do so to anybody who is in their way.If you really believe that they are only powerful if you believe they are powerful then you are completely clueless how western societies operate at this point in history.