/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
→ → → → → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 65 crop.jpg (1111x1111, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZT6nd0Bf
flooringexpressoc.com/gallery.html
web.archive.org/web/20140901000000*/https://www.java.com/en/download/
pastebin.com/tte7f6Uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sauce kudasai

How do I fix this. I have pass so that's not a problem but it causes problems when I try to log into other sites

Attached: neger google.png (301x253, 14K)

I wish my gf looked like that...

use chrome stable, you don't even have to log in.

Are you using some kind of proxy or vpn? I normally get that issue when I have a vpn running for some reason and disabling that fixes it for me.

Anyone know what I could do to fix this?

Attached: out.png (2828x1087, 998K)

Is there a way to reduce power consumption while downloading on my PC?

Found my problem, wobbly windows disable blur while the window is being dragged and doesn't seem like there's a fix for it yet

Re-posting from old thread because if I can't fix this I'm boned.

>i5-4670k @4.3 stable for a few weeks now
>MSI R9 390X
>Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
>SSD (Win10) + HDD

Since my GPU runs notoriously hot and the last 3 days maybe the temperature crept above 90°C a handful of times I decided to buy some new thermal paste (I bought Arctic MX4 since my Noctua paste was out) and re-paste my GPU.

So I looked up how to do it, seemed piss-easy, just unscrew backplate, unscrew heatsink and take it off, clean off old paste with paper towels and rbbing alcohol, put on new paste and put it back together.
Then I put it back into the case, right off the bat temps between 50 and 60°C while normally using the PC, and ~82°C absolute max under load while gaming.
This worked brilliantly all afternoon, maybe until 3h ago, when during a game suddenly my screens went black, they said no signal and went into standby, and the PC basically froze and I had to restart it, only for this to happen again within 2 or 3 minutes when I load up a game.

I did nothing else than re-paste and use canned air to clean the heat-sink, same slot for the GPU on the mobo.

I also just took it apart again (maybe it was too much paste, who knows) but no, it was fine, so new paste, back in, same shit still.

Someone suggested it might have been static-fried when I handled it, but wouldn't that lead to failure immediately? After I did the re-pasteing the card worked perfectly for a few hours of full load on and off, of course not 7h straight gaming, but still no crashes.

I really hope I'm just overlooking something stupid.

Attached: msi-r9-390x-gaming-8GB-radeon-graphics-card-0001[1].jpg (1000x759, 115K)

This got fixed for me just by re-loading the page.

I'll try

Only extension I'm running is adblock and I'm pretty sure that's what's causing it (turning it off only work sometimes).

Doesn't work and sometimes it pops up without a page to reload (log in window to social club to play GTA V for example)

Any recommendations for a good textbook on C++?

Where do I find last release of Java SE 7? yesterday I've uninstalled java 1.7.0 and installed latest version available but today I found out many of my old programs that were using java now don't work anymore because they need 1.7.0 but on the website all downloads for Java SE 7 have been removed permanently. Are there any unofficial archives? I'm not an Oracle customer.

Attached: 1487300293364.jpg (557x624, 54K)

Explain this water mark image thing like I'm a 70 year old boomer that has never touched a computer.
Then explain if I can fix it in the same way.

Downloading what? I have a seperate, lower power, device I use as a torrenting machine. It's got an SSD in it, and one of those low power intel chipsets. It serves completed torrents to a NAS via gigabit.

Post a picture explaining your problem, grandpa.

Downloading Vidya. Like on my PS4 I can put it into this low power state called rest mode where it let's me download the games while it's off.

If you're on windows, I'd recommend restarting in safemode (minimal processes) and start the download from there. Then turn off the monitor. Wala, power saving downloads for /v/

Is GPU passthrough easy to configure to games on Windows VM? I need a new PC

Dunno, seems to be more and more popular though.

My question is how does activation of a Win10 VM work?

Does it matter if it's just used as a gaming VM with passthrough?

I'm trying to create a connection to API server in Java.

URL url = new URL(urlRequest);
HttpURLConnection conn = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();

conn.setRequestMethod("POST");

It throws an exception at conn.setRequestMethod("POST"): java.lang.IllegalStateException: connect in progress. What's the deal with this, what do I do?

test 5

Is it weird or bad that I don't care about data science or machine learning, that I'm not a "data enthusiast"? I like just programing and making software. I don't care about making statistical models, explaining mathematically illiterate boomers what the data means, and convincing them why they should listen to me. I also autistically like having my programs and algos as accurate as possible, which you can't do in data science. I have a bs in math, so it's not like I can't handle the math.

no that means you're sane
"data" is a meme
statistics have limitations just like everything else

>> web browsers
So I use opera on pc because it handles 50+ tabs on weak CPU and 8gb ram
Is there better options ????
I use Samsung internet on my mobile
Is there any better options for android ????

Nothing is 100% accurate

If you're trying to run 50 tabs on mobile that just sounds like a pain in the ass. Although usually what mobile browsers do is just unload tabs when you exceed a certain memory usage and just re download individual ones as you tap on them. Unless you're using a pretty weak phone Brave is the best choice for most people.

My desktop's analog sound output (from a shitty integrated Realtek ALC892) is connected to my stereo system's AUX input with a jack-to-2xcinch cable. It's been like that for years but for the past few weeks I've been hearing this quiet, cyclical (around 4 cycles per second) hissing/buzzing sound coming from the speakers whenever there's no audio output. Disconnecting the cable on either removes the hissing so it doesn't look like it's produced the stereo itself. There's also no hissing at all during audio playback (even during completely silent parts), but 4-5 seconds after the playback ends, the hissing returns. I'm on Debian with fucking Pulseaudio. I'm not sure if the problem is software-related, this is the only OS on this computer. What do, Jow Forums?

Is ios 12 a safe update?

>pastebin.com/ZT6nd0Bf
>try to install forza 3 from a zipped pack
>it's a microsoft store only game
>try to load it
>get this

Could anyone have a look at this error message I get?
If you know about windows permissions and DOS maybe you can help me understand what is the problem..

Attached: k1442266014549.jpg (810x493, 161K)

Is there a chance Microsoft will ever realize everyone hates the Windows 10 perpetual beta build model that's constantly being broken by updates and go back to service packs and releasing a real new OS every few years? I could forgive the privacy invasion if the fucking thing at least worked properly

No.

Networks quest here

I need to make a DHCP server on a 2008 with two NICs, one being onboard and the other one off.
So far so good, the problem is: I have to get the link on the onboard and make it the DHCP server, then distribute the IPs through the offboard.
How the hell do i make the offboard share the onboard's IPs? Currently trying to get it work on VM

Attached: spaggeti.jpg (565x415, 100K)

Brave
But how about battery consumption ??????????

What about PC ???
Is there better options ?

Never been a problem for me. You can check in your battery settings how much each app is using.

CPU shouldn't be a problem. High ram usage is just the new norm of modern browsers. Unless it's actually causing shit to crash I wouldn't be concerned. Vanilla firefox with ublock origin is usually good, although it does tend to balloon its ram footprint if you leave it open for days on end.

this is my fetish

Attached: breastcurvature.jpg (467x457, 30K)

Microsoft has been infiltrated by industrial spies from asia who are "covertly" working to drive the company into the ground so chink electronics can grow their share in europe and america

Why would pajeets drive the company to the ground just to benefit chinks?

Firefox kills my 5400 hdd and CPU i3-4005u at same time
So would brave work better than opera with more than 50 tabs ???

Nah. Brave on desktop is basically a shittier chrome. Vivaldi is a better, but not lighter chrome. Wouldn't use a browser bought out by the Chinese. Honestly I'd just bite the bullet and go with firefox. Unless you're desperate enough to step down to something like midori it's really the way to go. I would suggest in general that you upgrade to an SSD, especially if you're using windows 10. That processor shouldn't have any problem shitposting, as long as you don't have a lot of bullshit running in the background.

If only someone could post the full source damnit.
Google/iqdb don't turn up anything.

Artist is Range Murata. Source is likely one of the pages of Comic Kairakuten. He does a full page drawing for every issue. I believe the image series is called futuregraph.

Unsung hero that we didn't deserve

Did the latest update for qbittorrent break the download button in search for anyone else?

Anyone know where I can find the code for the photon CSS?

Attached: reki.png (520x908, 25K)

anyone worked in china before? where's the best place to search jobs

does anyone have a fast windows 8.1 mirror? im trying the one from microsofts page but its beyond slow (300KB/s wtf)

>First world problems

yes? i dont want to waste 3 hours idling because microsoft hosts their servers in zambia. ive got a licence already, i just need the iso.

So, I'm noticing that I'm getting more and more stupid recruiter emails (almost all Indians)

At the moment I'm literally creating a mail filter to send all Indian names to spam and was wondering if anyone else had a better system or compiled a list of of names.

I dont understand why my pics are sideways.
flooringexpressoc.com/gallery.html

Attached: 3cGg1tp.jpg (1164x883, 109K)

Yeah still on this, Been a while since I've done an install so I'm no longer sure of my knowledge?
Is it possible to install windows via USB off the boot menu and keep your user settings while migrating from one version of windows 10 to another.
>EG Win10 Pro to Ent. LTSB or Home to Pro.

By user settings I mean How I've got it set up, programs installed saved files, that kind of thing. I've been trying to get a program for work running and found out it's incompatible with 10home and I need to run it on 10pro... at least according to the developer out of university of arizona anyway. We've tried the install windows within windows method that should keep files, but that one gets past the key verification and fails for reasons we haven't quite figured out (might be network or permissions, we're not fully sure)

Unrelated, does anyone know how to install a lenovo explorer headset drivers on windows 10 LTSB? I've run into an issue where it won't auto-install (and confirmed it isn't the headset because it runs on my laptop, yes I'm still on it, and no that command that one user posted didn't work (unless it's not meant to be run in the key verification spot on the update's/security tab, sometimes some basic instructions help.

is there a way to have firefox reject all automatic downloads, or otherwise completely prevent them from happening?

why can't Jow Forums agree on what's a good torrent client for windows
>this one is slow
>this one loses connections
>this one is botnet
>this one has ads

i fixed it

Use the wayback machine. I was able to download it after several redirects.
web.archive.org/web/20140901000000*/https://www.java.com/en/download/

My router is slowing my desktop internet speeds down. Rather than get a new router for $100, will putting a switch after the modem, then from the switch have one line to my desktop and another to the router allow me to still have wifi and faster internet speeds?

I would criticize your spoonfeeding but google, IQDB, even saucenao came up with nothing. This usually doesn't happen. Well done user. Well done.

Attached: 1516385758636.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

If connecting directly to the modem offers better speed than going through your existing router then the answer is yes. The DHCP server on the modem may or may not complicate things but probably won't.

cool thanks. worst case scenario I have a switch I don't need I guess

range murata

I wouldn't have asked in the first place if it came up on any of those.

as a follow-up to this one

In the process of trying to find out what the culprit is here (CPU fried, PSU power rail for the GPU dying, something else?), I have access to a 2nd PC with a R7 270X GPU, now do I have to completely wipe drivers in both machines before trying out the other one's card? Or are they closely enough related to be fine?

What formula do I need to put into i13 to return the number of White Total 0 to 4 year olds in the location defined by i10?

Here is the csv for that page if anyone wants it pastebin.com/tte7f6Uk

I've been at this for hours. I'm absolutely desperate at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm just not used to anything other

Attached: file.png (1344x561, 100K)

it's been a while since I used it and I can't seem to check myself, but with Clonezilla can you create an image of a disk/partition and save it on an external hdd with NTFS that already has stuff on it?

>sent friend request on facebook
>pretty sure it said "friend request sent" on the button
>log in later
>now it says "send friend request" again as if i had never clicked it

Does that mean they declined it? I did some testing with other profiles and it doesn't go back to that, the button stays hidden when you click delete.
One time in life I decide to be bold and active and try to be social and this happens. I won't be able to sleep now. I sent it again now, but I am afraid they'll think I'm a stubborn stalker or something.

I have Photoshop + brackets + opera (+ 50 tabs ) + qbitorrent + megabasterd(512mb ram)
So what do you think ?????
Is there better fit than opera (just asking) in this case ?

use edge. it has ublock origin so you can move over your config. there's even a mouse gesture addon to mimic the common gestures

>edge
Excuse me wtf
Edge use your whole internet speed in some shit before even show the website
It's even worse than Firefox

So anything else????

I was doing Automate the Boring Stuff with Python. I understand all theory good enough but then I can only do one or two exercises. Am I retarded? I end up checking Stack Exchange and so on.

How do i get robotframework working?

Learn English fag, and stop posting bullshit

what is unironically the best OS I can put on a computer that is free? I know fuckall about command lines so the more dumbed down the better.

Ubuntu obviously

When trying to download from certain websites with wget I get
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 405 Method Not Allowed
I am using the newest Windows build from eternallybored (1.19.4) which supports TSL 1.2, which the site in question uses.

Attached: wget-cover.png (1216x1038, 22K)

your "whole internet speed" is just all the ads downloading since you never put an adblocking addon on it. it even has tampermonkey for userscripts. it's a great browser for low end hardware instead of bloatfox

I bought a gtx 1070 gigabyre G1, I was expecting it to be some massive upgrade to my old 1050, yet even on games like gta 5 and PUBG it is still loud as hell, what is going on is this normal? I just wanted a silent somewhat decently powered GPU wtf

Can someone help me understand mobile data?

Attached: Screenshot_20180920-074748.png (1440x2560, 308K)

Attached: chrome_2018-09-20_11-07-55.png (324x115, 8K)

What's the most effective means for setting up a network share on Windows 10?

I want to setup a centralized file repository without dedicating a computer to Linux or Freenas.

Google results are in-conclusive.

Attached: 1294218446007.jpg (300x300, 85K)

I'm switching to firefox from opera (opera) and trying to customize main toolbar to make it similar to the one i used in Opera. I hoped to add a button to toggle javascript, to toggle images, to toggle proxy, to show the list of closed tabs and a couple of link buttons. Does firefox have any of these? The list of available items is almost empty. Or maybe i need to look elsewhere or tune settings somehow?

Attached: 2018-09-20_180027.png (1920x1040, 58K)

I have a program that shows this error every time I try to use it. What is this error? How can I fix it?

Attached: 123123132.jpg (448x164, 16K)

I have windows 10 2016 LTSB installed and I do not have the store. Tried some things I found online, but it's completely gone from my machine. What do?
Alternatively, can anyone give me the .appx for Forza Horizon 4 demo?

Attached: 1502494558747.png (300x300, 62K)

I've had my main SSD and HDD since 2012, though both seem to be working fine. Should I be looking to replace them?

Attached: drives.png (686x505, 35K)

Why you just don't update to the last version of Windows 10?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-20 Yandex Images search for images(1).png (479x921, 315K)

Fucking hell. Time to reformat, I guess.

How do you remove the ads on X?

Attached: Cpture.png (378x325, 181K)

Is it possible to use message people on facebook messenger without having the app?

Is there anyway I can delete facebook but stay in facebook messenger groups or someshit

my computer doesn't recognize my phone when I connect it via usb, but the phone gets charged
there's no notification popping up like "allow data transfer" either
what could be the problem here?

try edge for a week with your 50 tabs faggot

then you can choose if you want to stay in shitty opera

Does deleting photos that I uploaded to Facebook help restore my privacy

no.

Is there a way to get two instances of discord running on a phone?

So it already has taken biometrics and shit from them even deleting won't save me from

Whats the best way to install GPU drivers? Im thinking of just using snappy (SDI) but idk. I just want the latest nvidia drivers without all the bloatware

basically. all you can do now is trying to avoid giving them more data in the future.

cable
usb port
different phone with same usb port and cable
if works, problem with ur phone/its port.
perhaps format it? who knows.

try it on a different PC, could always be USB drivers missing if that PC doesnt know know phones at all