/tpg/ ThinkPad General - We've banned trannies

Trannies are banned

Previous thread: If you're looking for purchase advice, state your budget and requirements (e.g. size and performance).
Don't buy anything OTHER THAN IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad T, X, and W/P Series if you want the Real Business Experience™

>Other business laptops are welcome in /tpg/ (Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).

Libreboot-compatible models:
>T60 (check lcd), X60(s/t); X200(s/t. -s requires soldering), T400(s)/500; W500.

Modern models:
>X220/X230 - 12", 768p, cheap and light
>T420/T430 - 14", 900p, widely available, socketed CPU, both Coreboot-compatible (Ivy Bridge CPU support on T420); Quad Core Compatible, Old keyboard swap on *30 series
>T520/530; W520/530 - 15", 1080p, DTR, 32GB RAM on quadcore models, USB 3.0
>T440s
>T440p/540p; W540/1 - Last Thinkpads with socketed processors, easily replaceable trackpad (W541 doesn't need trackpad replacement)
>P-Series - 15'' + 17'', 4K display, up to 64GB of RAM, Xeon CPU option. Expensive.

Upgraded models:
>X210 - X200/X201, i5 8250u quadcore
>X62 - X61, i5 5250u
>T70 - T60, i7 7700 hq
IPS displays, USB 3.0, m.2 x4, mini dp, no
forum.51nb.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=117

Why ThinkPad?
>Used machines are plentiful and cheap
>Excellent keyboards - tactile feel and quiet
>Great durability: magnesium rollcage for structural integrity, with high quality plastic body panels
>Utilitarian design: e.g. indicator LEDs, 7 row keyboard layout on older models
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop
>Easy to repair (most models), upgrade & maintain thanks to readily available service manuals for every model, spare parts easy & cheap to obtain
>The best TrackPoint™, great for those who type a lot or hate swiping their fingers all over a touchpad
>Excellent GNU/Linux & *BSD support

>ThinkWiki - Info on ThinkPads & running GNU/Linux on them:
thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki
>BIOS logo booru:
biosimage.booru.org

Attached: images.jpg (194x259, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Jow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for x1 extreme reviews when

fucking niggers and their xx20 eradication propaganda.
Outdated? fucking normalfuck peice of shit talk big.

Attached: 1503599905501.jpg (900x876, 373K)

Soon hopefully.

I might upgrade from my t440s from one.

Would be my first time buying new.

When you can get a superior x240 now for almost the same price, it's been eradicated by lenovo.

Stop being a nostalgic autist and get a real laptop.

yeah, on paper it looks like it has almost everything I want in a laptop. I only need someone confirming it's as good as it sounds. I guess one can expect throttling but since its lighter than the XPS 15 but thicker at the same time, I'm at least hoping it will have better cooling

computer newbie here. looking for a laptop under 200 that can at least run source games decently. Would buying a thinkpad and putting mint on it be a good idea? I saw x230s and t430s for sale without HDD's and was wondering if buying one will suit my needs or if I should buy another type of laptop

Yes it's a good idea. That's the entire point of this thread.

You might even be able to get a t440p for around 200.

is there any difference between the 3 models? All the listings on ebay seem to show the same specs between models. Any specs in particular I should look for or will the ones with an i5 be good enough

We can move "trannies are banned" to the bottom of the OP, but it needs to stay.

Feel free to make your own /tpg/ faggots.

i5 vs i7 isn't much of a difference on a laptop.

>Trannies are banned
>implying it wasn't the trannies that made the helpful guides and wikis about old thinkpads
i hate this board desu

Attached: 4325g.gif (500x283, 506K)

Yeah and slave owners built my nation, but we grew and matured and realized those were a bad group of people.

Trannies keep crossing the line and are simply no longer welcome here.

ok so I'd be fine off just getting an i5 model without an hdd. I have a spare 2.5 inch hard drive from a pc I had to scrap 2 years ago. I also have one spare stick of laptop ram from a mistake I made a few years back, can I jsut put this in the thinkpad to upgrade it to 6gb ram?

If it's compatible ram, and the laptop has a free slot.

Sometimes they comes with 2gb sticks in each slot.

Finally the damn trannies are banned.

Attached: 20180819_140414_HDR.jpg (3264x1836, 2.09M)

What happened between Fedora 24 and Fedora 26 that would cause a Middleton'd R61e to take forever to boot? T9500 2.6 and 8gb RAM, SSD, reasonably fast machine for Fedora.

I posted in the last thread about this and decided to try 24 and this thing absolutely flies on 24, in the time it took 28 to boot I'm already in the terminal doing the updates. It boots faster than my maxed-out W10 E6520 with Samsung EVO 860 SSD.

I got the R61e as a base for the 51nb Skylake board and with the T61 I have the two of them together should be able to make something pretty decent.

Your Queen is back Jow Forums. GarfieldTrap reporting in for another edition of /tpg/.

Is there a problem with my presence in this thread?

Also, does anybody else feel like they're playing with somebody's nipple every time they use a TrackPoint?

Attached: coolface.jpg (1280x1280, 401K)

Get the fuck out of here.

You're a disgusting excuse for a human.

Go suck on a glock and pull the trigger faggot.

Why do you enjoy derailing our threads with your faggot pictures that are irrelevant and do nothing but make us straight men uncomfortable?

We don't want to see that shit.

Gday Jow Forumsents, my old and trusty t420 suddenly began to smell like a burned dust from the airflow.
What do i do about it?
Changed thermal compound, cleaned the vents, but it didn't helped.

Attached: 35.jpg (1100x650, 245K)

You need to stop eating so much and then kill yourself you fat fuck.

Btw you look more like a man than I do.

And no one wants to see your hissy fit. There for I think we are even.

Attached: GAYTBH.png (1164x655, 1.02M)

Time to upgrade. The t420 recently hit that point where it just isn't usable as a daily driver.

I'm not surprised it smells. I'd be surprised if an old laptop like that DIDN'T smell like burnt dust.

>starts drama by posting trans images even though we banned trannies
>accuses ME of throwing hissy fit

So very mentally unhinged.

Not even trans. Go take your hissy fit some where else.

>im not a faggot

>just look at me pretending to be a girl

You're delusional too?

I'm planning to disassemble it and clean up under motherboard. Hope it will help.
t420 is not that old imo, fits all my needs

what is the consensus on bridge batteries? i want my entire opinion regarding laptops memefied

Attached: average tpg poster.jpg (1000x1402, 121K)

Might help. You might get another year out of it.

I'm just voicing my opinion.

I wouldn't want to go study with friends and then have my laptop (that people already make fun of) start farting out nasty smells.

Not worth the risk. That's why it's x230/t430 or newer 4 me.

I can't imagine using a laptop without it.

>Trannies are banned
about time, that tranny poster the past week has gotten on my nerves

Thread ruined,go be a faggot somewhere else

You're welcome.

They're so delusional and mentally unhinged.

They think they're welcome here even though we all want them to neck themselves.

I know, that really rustled my jimmies too.

Attached: All-Hail-The-Queen-of-g.jpg (2448x3264, 959K)

dam thinkpad users look like THAT?

>I hate trannies

>tranny starts harassing this individual

And they wonder why they got banned?

Nah just me

But the 40 series has that messed up trackpad. I guess that's why their prices are good.

Which can be replaced with the t450 trackpad for $10 and 10 minutes

please be in london

did you photoshop a fake cleavage line on your chest? kek

Oh that's cool then

>eurofag

No. USA.

Helps if you read the OP

Pic related. My t440s.

Attached: 1535155554263.jpg (2660x4182, 1.15M)

Is 110$ for X230 with 4GB RAM, HDD and good overall state reasonable price? I'm from Europe.

Very reasonable for being in Europe.

U MAD

Attached: U MAD.jpg (1926x1926, 298K)

yeah, ok boris

This tranny is really hammering the nail in the coffin.

sys.Jow Forums.org/g/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=67702854

Get rekt

So i have a t42 and i hate the cpu fan, it's super loud and annyoing. there's no way i can fix the noise pitch, even with thinkpad drivers, rpm managed via scripts, etc. Anyone have experience with modding these fuckers? I am thinking about adding a chipset cooler on top of it, so it's 100% passive, i fear though that i might run into problems. Recommendations?

Upgrade

>T42

are you using it as a paperweight?

>mfw custom flash fails
i ordered a replacement that looks like an 8 pin square DIP IC. what's the U number i want to swap it into on an X220?

tried to find it in google images but my eyes are bleeding.

Attached: pepe-nuke.jpg (480x480, 22K)

No, it still works and there are no processors on the current market that i'd want to have. Besides the build quality got worse over time, the keyboards now are god awful and i can't flash the bios.

Well don't ask us for reccomendations just because you're autistic and can't afford a nice laptop.

>paperweight
Kind of, i used to use it as a mousepad for some time since the surface of the lid is pretty nice. It runs openbsd on it though i haven't done anything with it in a while, fan is just to annoying

I own a T400 and a T430s.

Am I based or cringe? I use my T430s for my school computer. I added ddr3 2gig so now it's 6gb which is enough. Also a 250gb SSD

>fan is too annoying

>works fine

Pick one.

Based.

T400 is old and meme-tier. Only aspburgers larping as hackers would use one

The recommendation was in relation to modding if you read the entire post, dipshit. You are like the average Ubuntu forum poster; bloating the thread with assumptions and useless garbage.

Just leave the internet, there's enough retards like you

Tell the mods how much you love your new Queen.

Attached: TPG PRIDE FLAG.png (2399x1599, 2.19M)

They are not mutual exclusive you retard. If my windscreen wipers are fucked it doesn't imply my car is broken.

You can't drive the car in rain.

Why keep it?

>spacing
>>>/plebbit/

same user. did i find the bios, Jow Forums?

Attached: require-second-opinion.jpg (800x573, 172K)

What screen replacement should I get for my T430? I already have the offfical (garbage) HD+ screen. I'm thinking of going for the alienware HD+ screen upgrade because it fits in natively, but it's hard to find a genuine dell panel. I can also do the FHD mod, but I'm worried about the screen flicker issue and which FHD panel is best to buy. Do any anons have experience with modding the displays on their T420/T430? What option should I go for?

Attached: 1479116187545.jpg (1280x720, 358K)

downgrade to 1366x768

Attached: 1537450896993.jpg (1600x1200, 268K)

>t440 owners don't have this problem

Pretty hot t b h

10/10 would arse rape

lmfao at goldeneye on the thinkpad

Tranny detected. Read the OP, you aren't welcome here.

>not posting the high res image of /ourguy/

Attached: ichad.jpg (2448x3264, 1.35M)

OP is a PHONY. He said trannies were gone, and yet this thread is being derailed by trannies.

Traps are part of Jow Forums culture. Why don't you want to be enriched?

>Traps are part of Jow Forums culture.
No they aren't.

Mine's in the mail and is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Is there anything in particular you want tested?

>single channel
>superior
end it

Anyone have a W541?
How shitty is the linux performance?

Why are you running programs that can take advance of that much memory bandwidth on a 12 inch laptop?

Name some scenarios. I'm intrigued why you think the x240 needs dual channel ram.

imagine being such a fat fuck it looks like you have tits when you bring your arms together.
Enjoy the HCTZ, Amlodipine and "life-style" modification prescription you'll be getting soon.
I would recommend that you stick with it too, or else you'll be dialating while on dialysis kek

Attached: (((free)))bsd.png (1540x1231, 254K)

opengl performance for one
any kind of graphical performance actually.

That tranny isn't healthy mentally or physically. It's sad. I don't want this in my community.

There's no difference in performance on Intel's hd4400 when comparing single and dual channel ram.

Do some research.

x240 has issues. Not able to be corebooted.
>get a real laptop
pretty sure my x220 is more real than you're waifu

>Incel sees actual breasts
>Accuses woman of squeezing her fat together

topkek.jpg

>woman
topkek.jpg

Enjoy your inferior build quality, shitter design, and island keyboard faggot.

Everything you stated was an opinion. Kya.

PLEASE TELL ME THESE READIT POSTERS, TRANNIES, AND SAMEFAGS WILL BE MODERATED APPROPRIATELY.

and by that i mean gas em all 1989. or perma. yeah that sounds better. something. please.

Attached: dat-spongegar-pepe.png (483x483, 685K)

It is objectively less durable than the T430/T420 style thinkpads. Kya.

I need help flashing coreboot using a ch341a. If anyone has done it or knows a guide, pls help me.

stop being a fucking attention whore and people will stop banning trannies on Jow Forums.

couldn't disagree more. Mine is comfy af.

LOL you just confirmed my thoughts about you from your previous post. You're really stupid and shallow if you give a shit about normies opinions on your laptop. If you're hanging out with the kind of people that make fun of you because of that, you probably should get better friends or just learn not to give a fuck.
Any somewhat competent tech person will recognize the beauty and functionality of a true Thinkpad™.

Have you considered either replacing the fan, or oiling it?
By oiling it I mean removing the sticker and adding some machine oil on the bearings, although I'm not sure the T42 fan has an opening for you to do that (some fans have it under the sticker).
If not, replacing is the only option. I have a home theater that had this issue and I replaced the fan.
Nice to see you're keeping old tech running.

Fucking retard, this is what's wrong with Jow Forums. Reddit is almost better than this shithole.

dude literally just check the coreboot wiki guide or any of the youtube videos. The bios chip is under the palmrest near the RAM slot.

>Traps are part of Jow Forums culture.
they are but if you're as annoying as expect to be treated like shit

Attached: 1536975931044.png (756x715, 635K)

Why shouldn't I just use my Lenovo Ideapad 3000 g530?
>inb4 keyboard nipple
I don't need it I got a keyboard

Nobody is stopping you faggot.

no I actually wanna hear an argument for me to switch.

fat fetishist here
I usually start from 5/10
>good arm fat distribution +1
>cute cheeks +1
>shit tier man chin -1
>small tits on a fat chick -2
>tits look like man breasts -1
>no belly shown -1
2/10. try harder.

>put up tp for sale
>one usb port stops working
>trackpad starts fucking up
>out of fucking nowhere
>right as a buyer contacts me
are you fucking serious i have never had issues with it til now and I have to disassemble and assemble this shit all over again

last time i did it it took three days at my office just to repaste cpu

im gonna out myself as a tranny for a sec here just for this specific topic (please no ban) and i seriously don't understand what does an user being a tranny have anything to do with thinkpads. in the eyes of our machines we're all the fucking same. this is Jow Forums not /l/g/bt/. i seriously can't wrap my head around how does the topic of thinkpads ever merge with the topic of transsexuality. it's like "hey guys as a black user how do I flash my BIOS"? that's just dumb unrelated shit.

anyway back to thinkposting.

been meaning to ask, what's so fucking different about a x220 and x230? sellers near me sell x230 so it's less shipping costs and customs bullshittery, but if x220 is much better then it might be worth the higher shipping price.