Should I learn Rust?

Should I learn Rust?

Attached: RUST.png (1200x1200, 56K)

No goto label
Shitty compiler that can be embed correctly in a Makefile process.

Discarded.

Yes.

What would you need a goto for? Escaping out of a nested loop? Rust has break label for this exact purpose. Cleaning up on an early return due to errors? Rust has RAII for this.

Break, continue and return are disgusting. Only goto and label are clean. Why do you think OCaml has goto and label and no break, continue or return? Doing any complex looping code is so convoluted without goto/label.

Stop trying to make Rust a thing, Rust won't be a thing.

Attached: 2000px-Swift_logo.svg.png (2000x1800, 104K)

>Macfag detected

HURRR DURRR, the brand of your computer is wrong

out of all the new meme languages it is the neatest

HURR DURR my language which only runs on Mac is better because
>fuck Portability
>What are thermals?
>who needs upgradability?
>Mac is the only option
>Pricing doesn't matter

Attached: 1315913196526.jpg (550x539, 45K)

Good thing that the idiomatic control flow in Rust doesn't involve any of the keywords break, continue or return even if they exist.

Please, show me an example of a do while loop in Rust. I want to dream.

No.

I was talking about iterators.

> HURR DURR my language which only runs on Mac is better because
You are wrong

>fuck Portability
You are wrong

>What are thermals?
No thermal problems here, maybe you should seek a better source of information than YouTubers that make everything a disaster and are paid by Apple competitors, like that idiot Linus something.

>who needs upgradability?
No problems here

>Mac is the only option
No, it's not.

>Pricing doesn't matter
It's well priced.

I was talking about the lack of goto/label in Rust. Why do you bring iterators?

Because you are talking about control flow.
Why would you dream about do/while if you only care about goto though

>Why would you dream about do/while if you only care about goto though
Show me a do/while loop in rust. I will explain to you why it's convoluted, and why goto/label are mandatory in a decent language.

In all of Australia, I just searched for Rust jobs.
Of the 27 jobs that came up, most were for panel beaters, spray painters, labourers and the like.
Only 3 programming jobs, mention it as a "nice to have" in a sea of other languages like Golang, etc.
Basically, it's a useless meme language that no one uses.

It's supposed to replace C++ but brings nothing interesting to the table, while lacking many things C++ has.

but the truth is a retard like you will never find a job with any other language anyway

>It's supposed to replace C++ but brings nothing interesting to the table, while lacking many things C++ has.

HAHAHAHAHA, I won't even waste time to argue with you, low IQ

>Please write blinding for Linux and Windows APIs and mains GUI if no fuck off

>> HURR DURR my language which only runs on Mac is better because
>>What are thermals?
>No thermal problems here, maybe you should seek a better source of information than YouTubers that make everything a disaster and are paid by Apple competitors, like that idiot Linus something.
>>who needs upgradability?
>No problems here
>>Mac is the only option
>No, it's not.
>>Pricing doesn't matter
>It's well priced.
Funniest shit I've read all week. Thermals especially. You must have been brain dead these past few years and during the last MacBook release. Thanks for the kek.

Break, continue, and return are all limited in scope, preventing them from being used to create spaghetti code. Using goto for normal control flow is trash, and there's a reason why most languages don't support it. Even in C, it is considered best practice to avoid entirely except for breaking out of nested loops, and certain error handling cases.

>there's a reason why most languages don't support it
All serious languages support it. OCaml which is one of the most serious language is a tribute to goto/label.

>Even in C, it is considered best practice to avoid entirely except for breaking out of nested loops, and certain error handling cases.

Ho sorry... you're not ready for my teachings.

The C Programming Language, Second Edition, page 65-66:

>Formally, the goto is never necessary and in practice it is almost always easy to write code without it. We have not used goto in this book.

>code that relies on goto statements is generally harder to understand and to maintain than code without gotos... it does seem that goto statements should be used rarely, if at all.

bla bla bla

linux uses thousands of gotos

not him but you're right, but as a last resort, goto should not be used at all

I sincerely doubt that you know better than the creators of the language itself. Stop trying to justify your shitty practices.

You could probably avoid it given the context, but here it is:
loop {
// stuff
if condition {
break;
}
}

The one justifiable application of gotos is error handling, which kernel code will need to have a lot of. Doesn't make it good practice in any other case.

I'll start a yt channel called "Forgotten languages"

Attached: 5432565636535634.png (225x225, 8K)

t. retard

Attached: 2018-09-20_23-33.png (807x660, 193K)

sjw cancer
but what isnt these days anyway

Please never feature common lisp on it :(

>sjw cancer
how so

don't even try to argue with these retards, if he doesn't state any real argument, just ignore him

while {
//loop code
// condition
}{}