Just found this bad boy used at a thrift store. It's an integrated hardware firewall, IDS, VPN...

Just found this bad boy used at a thrift store. It's an integrated hardware firewall, IDS, VPN, and wired and wireless router. I didn't know these things existed until today.

What should I do with it?

Also, any input as to what the OPT port is for and/or what the serial port is supposed to connect to would be appreciated.

Attached: watchguard.jpg (1875x1940, 516K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openwrt.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What should I do with it?
Give it to a thrift store

>not knowing what OPT and serial is
>not realizing that all those services are apart of even a basic modern router

>100

Throw it away

Give it back, Jamal

Does it have a decent chunk of RAM? Will it support openWRT ? openwrt.org/ openwrt features a dope ass package manager :D

basically trash, the xtm 5+ series and a few others you can hack and put linux on, or pfsense, but most don't have aes or whatever so kinda meh.

Networking's not my forté, alright?

WTF i sthat? Noob here, looks interesting and promising

use a pihole

Void the warranty by removing the sticker.

Attached: 180px-PennLeft.png (180x191, 50K)

This.
Post results.

And what would be the point of that? It wouldn't do anything bad because there's no warranty to begin with, and it wouldn't do anything good or interesting because it's just a stupid sticker.

it's limited to 100Mbps. So if you had some shitty dsl connection, you could pay for a second dsl connection from another provider and it will seamlessly swap over when the first one fails.

are you autistic

Worse than a $30 xiaomi router

Yes.

Actually (at least in Europe) "Removing this stick makes your warranty void" stickers are illegal and do not null anything. You can report the manufacturer to the HMRC (UK) and they will fine them.

illegal in USA also

Oh look, a serial port.

Hey what's a good wireless network card for 2018?

>what's a serial port
>serial ports are for networking
Kill yourself

It's highly erotic if you do it slowly. Try it if you don't believe me. But be in that mindset first.

Idk why everyone keeps harping on the 100Mpbs connection, shitloads of buisnesses have 100/10 firewalls.

Go to sleep gramps