How much approximate time does learning a language like C take?

How much approximate time does learning a language like C take?

Attached: 00-ubuntu.jpg (1000x750, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nhuHtlYA6N4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's proportional to how dumb you are. I have an IQ of 180 so I learned everything in 21 days.

Attached: 42115799_1016096781896050_4597093261448839168_n.jpg (852x960, 51K)

10.000 Hours. video kind of related

youtube.com/watch?v=nhuHtlYA6N4

12 time

Otherwise OP here but the collective IQ of my country is 79, so I assume that's my IQ so how long for me.

Best case: months, worst: years
good luck brainlet

This is very flawed as it doesn't take into account intellection capacity into account. It could actually be longer depending how dumb you are.

2-3 days, really
it's awesome because it's easy and powerful

Obviously it is overgeneralization and different for every human bean.

Language syntax? few days, language syntax, algorithms, and programming concepts? weeks, Language specific and advanced concepts? months if not years.
Do not start with C to learn programming, it makes things overly complicated with its verbosity.

Takes 20 minutes to learn, then it takes 40 years to fix all the segfaults and security bugs that come with using such a shitty language.

Depending on how much experience you have and the language in question
>Basic competency: a week to a few months
>Mastery: a few months to a few years

basics are easy to get the hang of. keep programming until you get it. protip: learn basic of c on youtube and then search "project euler" and do their exercises

>using IQ unironically
o i am laffin

Attached: 1537389065227.png (360x594, 250K)

A month or two to get the basics and then another few months to get your head around using data structures.
After that its all algorithms and sorting and after that idk.

I took the official MENSA test not some internet iq pop quiz. Weird thing is all my family work minimum wage jobs despite many of them having gone to college, I'm a self taught programmer. I guess I'm a freak of nature. I have never disclosed my mensa score to them though, feel like it would put them down too much.

Already knowing c++ beforehand it took me about 4 hours

Sometimes I wonder if I was adopted...

Attached: 1522437223026.jpg (640x775, 106K)

Or more likely they’d be proud

IQ means absolute shit user.
Stop trusting /sci/ so much.

t. phd

If that's true then why does pic related apply to humans so much? Not even trying to be racists but the "all men are created equal" is the biggest pot of horseshit I have ever heard in my life. I know sure as hell my family won't be inverting binary trees and shit anytime soon.

Attached: 1528432905960.jpg (625x910, 138K)

180IQ can't comprehend parents being happy for their kid.

Attached: dudereally.png (316x228, 119K)

>if my parents are smart, why won't they invert binary trees?
We are witnessing true autism.

No I get the pragmatic benefit of them being happy for me but it comes at the cost of self doubt. I don't want them to carry that burdern desu, there's nothing to gain from it.

Point is even if they tried it would be impossible if not overtly time consuming and difficult. They don't function on the same abstractive plane as I do and me pretending otherwise is cruel.

It also depends on your dedication, i think you can learn most of it in a week. C it's not that a huge language like C++ which can take a lifetime and still have shit to learn

More likely your autism prevents you from understanding that other humans are also complex. Truth is they probably weren't exposed to these concepts at a young age like you were, so they didn't know why they would bother, and they had other pursuits in life that competed, such as creating you. Now they are at an age where their brain plasticity has reduced, so they are probably more set in their ways, and don't have a reason to come home and invert a binary tree.

Of course but I had an advantage over them this whole time, that's the depressing thing. I fucking bombed HS grades but on every test I managed to get B/As with minimal studying. Then I went to college and dropped out 2nd year and taught myself to program. Yeah they could have been learned how to invert binary trees and shit if they wanted to but nowhere near the pace I did not having your hand held.

If they knew that all this time I had the genetic cheat codes in life they'd be pretty bummed out. That's all.

Attached: CP2077.gif (334x166, 996K)

Learn C in conjunction with Unix/Linux and you'll see the real reason why C is still used and relevant today: it has an entire ecosystem built around it all built in C.

3 days, if you want to read the book and spew random facts
a month if you do all the exercises and actually be able to use the language

If you want to learn just start.

I seriously wish I could do this. I'm so unmotivated I can't even be bothered to even consider how I want to end myself.

As long as you learn at your own pace, it should take as long as you are willing to put time into it with an open mind.

If you really want a number, I'd say it would take you at least 5 months to be able to write something tangible.

A year or more to be able to write a real program that someone would be fine running on their computer without a memory leak or unspecified behavior.

It would take you perhaps 5 years to be able to contribute to something like the Linux kernel, perhaps only a couple to write software without some guidance.

C is not an easy language beyond learning Computer Science concepts like algorithms and data structures.

If you want to start writing software, learn C#, Java or Swift.

Based AvE