AMD releases a GPU that’s as powerful as the 2080ti without the raytracing stuff for half the price

>AMD releases a GPU that’s as powerful as the 2080ti without the raytracing stuff for half the price
Would this be all it takes for AMD to become the GPU king?

Attached: image.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o_buON1G17E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it doesnt matter how good rtg is or how bad nvidia is, nvidia always wins

markets tanked, no good gaems
you dotn cure aids with more aids

The UNHOLY TRUTH
Nvidia always wins

Yes, but it seem not possible.

No. They're still way behind in non-gaming tasks due to no ecosystem

Stop being poor and buy rtx 2080 ti

still not buying ayymd
I'd rather waste 1k more

This.
Even older games like siege got dragged through the sjw mud.
And yet their CPU division literally killed intel
Makes me think

No, but it would help a bit. They desperately need that halo effect of having a headline product that's best-in-class.

It's true, the jews always win in the end.

>And yet their CPU division literally killed intel
>Makes me think
xddd

The only way AMD can come back is to make something twice as powerful as the 2080 Ti and sell it for a quarter the price.

Where is Intel 10nm? Oh right it's 3 years late and their chipsets and soon low level CPUs are shoved back onto 22nm while amd is at 7nm

Pretty much this, it has happened consistenly since the late 1990s.

pretty much, yes

At least for this generation.

Sadly this is completely true.

Ray Tracing is awesome though.

Nvidia will bribe, slander, and steal their way to the top no matter what.

yet still nobody buys amd

>only new GPU on the horizon is Vega shrunk to 7nm with some hardware fixes and more HBM on package
>its not slated for the consumer market at all
>enterprise only
>Navi hasn't been hinted at all beyond the name being shown on a slide

If AMD had anything up their sleeves I doubt they'd be keeping quiet about it. Launching another enterprise halo SKU based on Vega makes no sense if they had new arch right around the corner that performed considerably better.
The CPU side of things looks great for AMD for the next three years or so. On the GPU front it seems they have nothing.

Idk, it takes being a fully fledged retard to buy nvidia when amd does the same thing for half the price.

Attached: wife.png (762x840, 609K)

Yes, Ray tracing in my MMD look so beautiful. My GPU is RX580 though.

>Idk, it takes being a fully fledged retard to buy apple when chinks do the same thing for half the price.

Unironically this. Even if AMD performs thrice as good braindead fanboys would stick to nvidia for the rest of their lives.

They finally gave up on the gaming market.
Rx480 and 580 where great cards but retards bought 1060s in droves
Mining literally fucked pc gaming for 2 whole years and permanently fucked gpu pricing as well.
I hope those fucks lost billions of real world money and killed themselves

>AMD releases a GPU that’s as powerful as the 2080ti without the raytracing stuff for half the price

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

Nvidia would then do a Intel and scramble to respond and we get a gtx 3080 7nm with no Gaytracing.
But it won't happen pc gaming is dead amd retreated back to cuck boxes apu and soc consoles
Thank fuck Ryzen exists otherwise we'd still be stuck on 14nm quad cores until Intel got 10nm working in 2025

INTLEL GPU SUPERPOWER BY 2020

Is bad if I bought a 1080 ti last year and am wanting to get reduced price 2959x when Zen 2 comes? Wanting to upgrade from a 2012 toaster laptop.

Slow on the acquisition of parts but I’ve dealt with shit performance for so long that practically anything I get now will be better even if it is a year old.

Is bad if I bought a 1080 ti last year and am wanting to get reduced price 2959x when Zen 2 comes? Wanting to upgrade from a 2012 toaster laptop.

Slow on the acquisition of parts but I’ve dealt with shit performance for so long that practically anything I get now will be better even if it is a year old.

This has happened before, Nvidia still outsold AMD

Giving up on the high end of the gaming market would mean giving up on everything but some smaller niches of the enterprise market. That isn't happening. Their GPU division wouldn't survive at all if they lost that.
I'd say that FY2019 will be dominated entirely by Nvidia on the high end and mid range though. Its going to take AMD a good chunk of time to release something relevant.

That too ye. Buying apple is beyond retardation.

Attached: butte.jpg (850x1144, 120K)

Fucking children the summer is over.
DXR and Vulkan raytracing are coming to all GPUs, including the old ones, the future ones and the Nvidia ones.

Anything that supports DX12 will support DXR.

Keep telling yourself that.

Attached: dream on.png (1283x271, 23K)

Nope. Only a fraction of people buy cards even half as expensive as the 2080 Ti. And like said, it doesn't matter anyway because Nvidiots will stay loyal to master, like they always have. AMD have had competitive and outright better products many times in the past, yet people still bought garbage like Thermi over them.

Funny because Nintendo is the apple of vidya

We said the same about intel before. But intel is dying by their own hand which Nvidia is unlikely to do

No shit.

But AMD will never be able to release a powerful GPU like that

7nm CPUs won't be a huge improvement over the 12nm stuff I don't think just a boost and core clock bump with better thermals
The real improvements for Zen will be ultra low latency fast ddr5/hbm3 memory but that's well past 202x
Any sales figures for Vega enterprise? I don't care about the gaming market it's fucked by sjw retards and every mainstream game past 2008-2015 has been consistently shit
Can't wait for amd to pull another Hawaii with Vega... In 5+ years when this tech mattere

>permanently fucked gpu pricing as well
I just brought brand new Sapphire RX580 nitro+ 8GB for about $250 few days ago. I'm sure that's really close to MSRP.

>he doesn't know Vega 20 is already out there and is twice as powerful as the turingfermi

Yes, i just wanted a cute butt pic. Never played a sine Nintendo game mainly cause they look like they're for children and i was a very edgy boi.

Attached: _yorha_no_2_type_b_nier_series_and_nier_automata_drawn_by_yan_wan_1117647ad9548926d9c19b792fe9f8ac.j (1024x1024, 130K)

Noice
I tried Vega 56 during the peak of the boom and sold it onto a mate lost 40% of what I paid but it just a mediocre card had a 390x before that but went back to a 1080
Even compared to turing my old pascal is aging great.
Why the fuck did nvidia go full Apple on memory? The 2080 is staved for vram and memory bandwidth at 4k with only 8gb and 11gb 2080ti isn't much better
Should have been 16gb minimum but as usual their consumer cards are overpriced trash
Last 5 years in gpu tech have been depressing

I have an R9 390x with a 9590 and 32gb ddr3 ram, whats a good upgrade? The GPU seems to run things fine I use ultrawide 1080p desu but the CPU seems to be the biggest flaw, cant upgrade without tossing the DDR3 and mobo though. I guess I could use them as a good rig for lighter gaming. Thing is it seems like my rig has no problems with high settings 1080p in any game but Im open to suggestions on upgrading. No intel though, NVIDIA im fine with it just seems like the price isnt right at the moment. 4k on a monitor seems negligible at most Im going 1440p but ultrawide is the best thing Ive ever used in gaming.

AMD had years of complete tech dominance over Nvidia and it didn't amount to shit. Retards will always fall for marketing.

At least iPhones still hava a unique design and people look at it, for a gpu nothing but the specs matter.

That's true.
It happened before, AMD had better GPUs back in 2010 and NVIDIA still sold more units. You can sell a product that performs 10% worse for 10% more money if you have a good marketing team.

RAM prices (including GDDR) are pretty stupid right now.

better pray that amd manages to match at least a 1080ti without a house fire

AMD is always 2 years behind Nvidia. In order to get 2080 Ti performance, AMD will produce this in December 2020.

normies finally caught on that ram is nice to have in their mobiles and tablets

why eeven upgrade video cards anymore? so i can play Ubisofts latest SJW history alternate video game? Everyone else stopped making stuff for pc.

they were already at 1080 level with vega and getting to 1080 ti should easily be possible just with moving to 7nm

the issue is price

Sounds like you don't care too much about upgrading right away, so probably just wait for ryzen 3000 series and hopefully competitive AMD graphics cards some time next year. Even if you don't end up buying an AMD GPU, nvidia's prices probably won't be as crazy by then.

> pc gaming is dead
head over to steam and tell me pc gaming is dead you brainlet.

Will AMD ever match Nvidia on the same process node?
AMD 7nm = 12nm Nvidia
AMD 3nm = Nvidia 7nm
Nvidia 3nm = AMD????

That's a lot of assumptions you're making about stuff that doesn't even exist yet.

AMD 1 Angstrom

16nm Nvidia > 14nm AMD
12nm FFN ( updated 16nm from TSMC ) Nvidia >> 14nm AMD

Nvidia fell for the classic AMD mistake. They pushed a product with forward thinking technology that has no real world application yet.

These type of products will always flop.

2080 Ti ~ 1.7x > 1080 by core count
Up to +25% ipc too
Vega is sometimes less than the 1080

Yeah you are right, the time doesnt feel right yes. I would have upgraded a long time ago to Ryzen but these RAM prices are absolutely stupid and Ive done lots of DDR4 testing and 16 GB of DDR4 RAM does not hold up against my 32GB of DDR3. I want at least 24 gigs of DDR4 if I upgrade or at the very least 20 gigs, but I just dont like the RAM prices. They are absolutely stupid. I just want steady 60-75fps in games in 1440p ultrawide in the future that is my goal. Working on getting a good corner desk first.

They have done it before (with programmable shaders) youtu.be/o_buON1G17E
Geforce 3 and the market wasn't ready.
Hell even when the next gen cuda based stuff came out 5 Years later they barely had any of this and then crysis changed everything in 2007 and 12 years after nothings changed
Until rtx gets that killer breakout card selling game (it won't because big pc exclusive system sellers are dead) nobody will care.
Eventually this tech will make its way to consoles but by then retards will try to push 8k and gen 2 vr so I doubt normies will care and normal fags will just eat up marketing spiel

Like your average gaymer?

They purposely reduced Vega's performance by limiting the stack count. 4 stacks is actually beneficial to their non gaming customers too but even those were only 2 stacks. In some situations, the Quadro GP100 can beat the Titan Xp if you run 8K ( can be as high as 30%+ )

Amd already has the best price/performance yet still people buy the lower end NVidia cards.

AMD could make a GPU that could figure out the meaning of life yet it would still be inferior since no one makes games with AMD hardware in mind, thus any hardware advantages are lost with shitty drivers.

Not him but why would they hobble Vega? God that card makes fermi look good in comparison
Turing is a mess for gaming tho
>but it's good for workstation stuff
Whoever says this shit again needs to get their head checked because nvidia is marketing it as a gaming card despite 1/3 of the die being absolutely useless for gaming

Because Nvidia outperforms on most games.

All they need to do is to release 1080ti power for less than 1080ti.
Honestly no one cares about 2080ti levels of power apart from journalist fags and basement dwellers. If they'll push a decent reasonably priced successor to 480 and a slightly more competitive Vega - they'll be golden.

Siege ran really well but yeah most games are u optimized trash.
4k has been out of reach for 4+ years at this point as well because of how bad devs and hardware have got.
God I thought 10-15 years ago 1080p would be ancient but everything is still using it as a base resolution even rtx lul!
Turing is a fuck disaster for gaming at least fermi was fast and Vega mostly unfucked itself and prices came down.
I don't think turing prices will ever drop because of how fuck huge the 2080ti die is and stupid memory prices
I thought hbm would be mainstream by now but mobile niggers ruined that shoving ddr4 into everything

Won't happen at least with current gen games.
Wolf 2 ran at 120fps at 4k and no other game came close and it didn't even have all the fancy shit like primite mesh shaders and shit enabled
As I said this turing is 5 years early for gaming and as another user said they should have kept it out of gamers hands until it was ready but got too greedy
What the fuck is the point of having Ray tracing in games when it runs like crap on $1200usd hardware and doesn't even have and games/dev software designed around it? It's not even that fast either and they think dumb cunts will buy it over the previous gen for 70% more sheckles
Can't wait for all the deluded idiots to whine about the 2080 being slower than 1080ti hahahahah

AMD stock appreciated 200% last year. It used to be $1.50 a share. T?hey are unstoppable. They pay my rent and bought me fully loaded
P71. How generous of them.

Attached: unstoppable.jpg (952x847, 67K)

Higher clock speed than the Fury X and no change to bandwidth. It benefits massively from overclocking the memory

Intel's 10nm is on par with TSMC's 5nm. Try again, pajeet AMD shill.

Intel's 10nm so far is a failed core i3.

God damn it so it could have been 1080 Ti level but they gimped the memory (cost/manufacturing issue?)
Hopefully 7nm stacked memory won't be as shit but outside of vega and fury nvidia only uses it in quadro cards
What really pissed me off with turing is that for the money the geforce rtx line could have had 16gb of hbm2 and actually be fast as fuck but no we get stopgap gddr6 (in b4 gddr6x factory oc edition comes out next year)
Where is Intel 10nm then? Oh that's right Mia for the last 4 years and they had to backport the entire lake range and whatever crap they had cooked up until 2021 to 14nm+++++
HAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHHAHA
Oh and the 9000 series still has hardware vulnerabilities so they turned ht off

I would sell my G-Sync display and my 1080 Ti if they could pull it off. I'd happily switch to AMD and use Freesync if AMD could offer the level of performance I need.

At some point, you gain nothing from overclocking the core at 1710mhz+ because it's the same core as the Fury X without the increased bandwidth...

Gsync was always a dumb meme
I ain't buying a new screen til xled takes over this led backlit shit is terrible

It's the same idea as the GTX 1030 ( one has half the bandwidth that can cause a 40% decreased performance )

Yeah mate of mine got a 56 to that and it only nudged gtx 1080 stock 1070ti oc perf
I bet nothing will change till they go mcm and shove a bunch on a die Ryzen style with 16gb of hbm

Yeah I watched gamers nexus videos on that that was fucked
The 3gb 1060 and 1050s had similar shit.
Can't wait for a decent 7nm apu with decent all round performance to come out and crush nvidia and Intel's low end garbage

Variable refresh rate displays are not a meme in general, but yeah G-sync is kinda bullshit considering it could be done with a regular DP cable without the G-sync module.

Unfortunately if you use an nvidia GPU you don't really have any other options (AMD GPU passthru comes with a huge hit to performance)

Yeah like how the GTX 260 outsold the FAR superior HD 4870/90 when it was $50 cheaper and was more comparable to the GTX 275/80.

Nvidiots are as bad as Mac fags.

Attached: 04b02ee2ef6b313d9dd849d644ee5ad2.png (696x678, 174K)

How many of the games on top of the sales require even a 970?

Even the Fury X can gain some performance on memory overclocking. ( 1200mhz/ 500 and 1200mhz/600 )
I think someone did a 1000mhz ( LN2 ) once and there was some improvement over the 600mhz too.

Maybe if AMD spent their money on development instead of Youtube infomercials and reddit upvote farms they could beat intel and nvidia once in a while? Just throwing this idea out there, it's crazy I know.

AMD will probably just use the tech they're developing with ryzen to compensate.
There's rumors of a chip with 9 fucking dies coming out from AMD, so they might just make a GPU with 4 weakish dies.

what would it take for AMD to become gpu king?
a card twice the performance of the 2080ti,
for half the price of the 2070. And with the newest buzzwords, it would have keep that double perf on RT benchmarks as well.
ah, almost forgot, maximum tdp of 90w peak.

Attached: Add-in-Board-GPU-Market-Share-2002-to-Q2-2018.png (1486x555, 84K)

If you think AMD's advertising is even a spec of there RND budget or anywhere near Nvidia's you have brain damage.

Attached: 05f54730e4792fc68ccf83a0b66dbc6f.png (799x647, 86K)

>tfw I sold all my AMD at $28 a couple of weeks ago
>this happens
>easily could have made another grand if I sold today

Attached: 1516127415000.jpg (759x508, 110K)

and it would only get up to parity. 55-45 scenario. just enough to be called a king, Ngreedya will never get back to that 30ish market share again.

Something like 1/3rd of the compute on the 2080 die is reserved for DLSS/RT stuff so if a similar sized GPU was built by AMD that was 100% dedicated to traditional rasterization/shaders then it'd dominate the 2080.

What even when the FX5000 range went up against the 9700 in the DX9 shader wars? No way, ATI cleaned up and rightfully so. We could be looking at a similar situation again now actually, Nvidia jumped the gun then and went full 32bit architecture and Microsoft dropped the requirements for DX9 to only 24bit and ATI dominated them.

That might happen again with this raytracing stuff, Nvidia jumped the gun and AMD may sweep in with a really cheap but dominant card that can push 4k in all the new titles. It'd bring 4k gaming to the masses.

This graph hurts. I was around for the beginning of this and the ATI/AMD 9000 x1000 HD 4000 HD 5000 HD 7000 all outperformed there Nvidia counterparts significantly.

Attached: ea74408d70eb8a05ea8cb2f6c7dbc389.png (765x624, 153K)

>AMD should just release an equally powerful card for a fraction of the price

damn dude, they should hire you as CEO

>buy $700 GPU
>don't use it for over a year