980 ti to 1080 - 25%~ performance gain for -$100

>980 ti to 1080 - 25%~ performance gain for -$100

>1080 ti to 2080 - 0%~ performance gain for +$150~

Attached: 1464020321394.png (1064x698, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iSGpDMK6xxQ&feature=youtu.be
codercorner.com/blog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: the more.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

> open up raytraced app
> 1080ti 5FPS
> 2080 60fps
> both cards are the same durrrr

youtube.com/watch?v=iSGpDMK6xxQ&feature=youtu.be

>open up real world video
>1080ti 100fps
>2080 100fps

makes u think

>opens actual game with RTX instead of a tech demo animation
>sub-60 fps at 1080p
>micro-stutter and input lag from increased frame times
>turns off RTX
>performance identical to 1080 Ti

I'll never sacrifice resolution and frame rate for more realistic lighting, but have fun with your RTX card.

> I'm a professional real world gaymer who does not care about new tech, I only care about muh FPS for fornite and counter strike. I dont understand that 2080 is a 1080ti with faster ram and new tensor cores for dlss and raytracing.

we would still be stuck with 2001 tech if it was for you brainlets.

kek who spent time making this shit

PhysX 2.0

> I'm a pro gaymer
> I refuse to play on 60fps (my standard are very high, only 90+ fps)
> I cannot play on less than 4k

Can you post his copypasta of buzzwords

> open up raytraced app

Ok let me test it, i have a 1080ti.

have link to this app?

Attached: 1445636454992.gif (277x342, 1.99M)

>game isn't even out yet
>"i-it sometimes drops below 60"

Attached: 1515237109274s.jpg (224x250, 9K)

Anyone who thinks it will be more than a gimmick for this generation of cards is a literal brainlet.

demos will be released in the upcoming days.

fake and gay, just like rtx

Just buy it.

The problem is that the price of some 1080ti is still at
that of 2080 or even higher.

I expected the price of 1080ti would drop one more step
after 2080's release.

Cope thread?
GF2Ti was over 20% faster than GF3, but the underage OP doesn't know this.

>60fps is okay
did you ever use a 120/144hz monitor? You won't ever be able to tolerate sub 100 framerates after a week

>raytracing is a gimmick
Well fuck. Pack it in boys, some retard on the internet says the rendering tech we've been working toward for 30+ years is a gimmick.
Fucking idiot.

You must be young enough to not remember PhysX.

>I don't care about raytracing, dlss, or really having the best possible graphics at all, almost like I was never going to buy a 2080/ti in the first place

codercorner.com/blog/

What a biased, circular blog post.

The only two relevant pieces of information applicable to the PhysX::RTX comparison are regarding GPU PhysX (never took off and is dead) and

>It’s a gimmick until it’s supported by consoles
Which the author states is correct. Only the high-end cards even have ray-tracing cores, therefor this technology will be a gimmick for a long time to come- if it survives at all.

I'm not saying raytracing is a gimmick. I'm saying raytracing usage in modern games will be a gimmick due to hardware limitations. All we're going to see is minor stuff like mirrors, situational lighting improvements and some other irrelevant garbage until we get
a. more power to render whole scenes/worlds correctly
B. new game engines that are meant for this tech

I'm going to buy a 2080ti so I can play fortnite at max settings in 4K!

I'm trying to upgrade from my 980ti what do I choose

its $20,000 software called Maya. Pixar use it to make their movies .. no there isnt a free download. go and steal it yourself

>it doesn't support my bullshit narrative
>it's biased
ok

The big problem with gaming today is horrible optimization. I wish all games ran like The Witcher 3.

I think I can already do that at 60 FPS with an overclocked 1070 with AA off.

It actually does support the gimmick narrative, just buries it in irrelevant information to distract from that fact.

Simple pandering to weak-headed fanboys, such as yourself.

that graphics on that are 10 years old, a 980 is all you need.

>1070
>4k
>60 FPS
nope

Attached: judgmental slut.jpg (131x281, 22K)

Not maxed out. Maybe shadows and post processing on high.

In Fortnite? Yes. Other Games

In other games, no. Fortnite is easy to run, basic graphics. I have a ROG Strix OC 1070 8GB. God-tier card.

Maya isn't a raytrace app, retard. And Arnold is a CPU renderer.

>app
who the fuck cares about an app you'll use once to see how well it does in raytracing and never again.

people buying these cards are beta testing a feature that won't be fully functioning at a decent level for years. That is of course you like buying a $1200 gpu that makes you go back to sub 60 fps while everyone else is chilling at 120+.

you can absolute run 4k/60 if you turn down some settings.

It was the same with MSAA and things like that. With the first gen cards supporting it, it was a performance hit, but with subsequent gens, it became way less of a burden...

Also if you look back at your life, wouldnt you like it to be raytraced ? :Đ

>meanwhile, at amd..

Attached: 1537556220456.jpg (633x758, 156K)

>my blog post is a vaild source

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

>blog post by a physx dev
your pic describes you perfectly

It's the miners goy. Just trust big banks and this won't happen again.

meanwhile in reality

Attached: chrome_2018-09-21_15-30-40.png (693x636, 45K)

>blog post by a physx dev
>this isnt biased at all

Attached: 1537249072236.png (183x275, 4K)

Meanwhile Nvidia is at 260... Which is 8x more

Attached: 43a9434.jpg (750x741, 76K)

>not understanding % of returns
poorfag detected

Probably not a great option for gamers at this point but god damn, as a developer I want my hands on one of these things.
>raytracing + denoising in hardware
>fully programmable geometry pipeline
>variable shading rate
Thank god for AMD finally giving Nvidia the push it needed to come up with something decent.

>Thank god for AMD finally giving Nvidia the push it needed to come up with something decent.
and this is the mentality that led to this shit in the first place

Upon further inspection, it seems AMD also has its own extra-programmable geometry pipeline. Still.

just keep buying nvidia :)

What do you mean? Competition is bad now?

> Not understaning what a share in a company is nor means
>Nvidas stocks arent going to rise as the rtx series take the market

>2018
>be adult
>care about Video games

Rip your life

if i invested the same amount of money in AMD and nvidia 3 years ago i would have more money in my AMD investment but of course you don't get that because you are a poorfag consumerist cuck with 0 appreciating assets who can't "make money appear out of thin air" or "make his money make more money"

That is 0 % due to GPU sales.
But they didnt?

>GPUs are only for videogames
Are you a normie on the wrong board or have you been in a coma for a decade?

>That is 0 % due to GPU sales.
correct because gpu is only for autistic manchildren

This user gets it. If your sole workload isn't one of the two out their that don't have GPU acceleration you are an autistic manchild and your money magically doesn't count and share holders dont care if you buy lots of products from a company.

>SEETHING poorfag still doesn't understand returns

I think it is actually you who is confused.

ESL retard doesn't understand yty%

>980 ti to 1080 - 25%~ performance gain

Attached: 1413587984887.jpg (500x500, 100K)

I do actually. This also means nothing unless you are buying stock and flipping it. Which is not the purpose of this board. Nvidea has 5x the market cap of AMD even after that insane growth. Of which is solely due to Ryzen, not the AMD Gpu division of which we are discussing. However GPUs, in many enterprise, professional and consumer workloads are very important and as such comprise a very large lucrative market of which AMD is shitting the bed in. Hence Nvideas much larger Mcap, larger revenue and larger market share. The growth, has nothing to do with Radeon and is probably hampered by it. If you want a real comparison you should use GPU sales or profit. They are both publicly traded companies and as such habe breakdowns of these numbers for you to look at. However the fact that a small company grew more than a larger one is a "gotcha" to you showcases you are economically illeterate to begin with. Penny stocks double all the time. Kind of hard for a 160billion dollar valuation to double. Especially when they already have most the existing market.

ESL retard doesn't understand yty%, fuck off and learn what that is

I do infact know what year to year is. But you clearly do not if you think it is relevant to this discussion.

AMD is a better investment

1080ti or wait

>Thank god for AMD finally giving Nvidia the push
>developed for well over 10 years
>nvidia didn't even need to release a new card because pascal stomps anything amd has to offer
based retard

What is this Jow Forums? Buy high sell low? AMD would have been the better investment if you bought it last year or before Ryzen. Hindsight is 20/20. However past growth is not an indicator of future growth so don't buy hype. However nobody here is discussing what stock to buy.
AMD had a great year due to Ryzen. It wad not as good of a year as Nvidia or Intel by a wide margin. Nvidia and Intel just had good years the year before that as well.Ytyg is probably the worst metric to look at. Stocks in general are a dumb metric, but at least use MCap or dividends. Profits, revenue and sales numbers are better. Especially when the user was talking about Radeon which is shitting the bed. So yeah everyone at AMD graphics probably is killing themselves. Your graph would be the opposite if the CPU divison didnt exist.

Yeah they're killing themselves so badly they're working on Navi, enterprise GPUs, PS5, and basically all the GPU prices are still fucking high because Vega sold like hotcakes to miners. BUT RTG IS FINISHED FOR SURE!!!!!!1

>Yeah they're killing themselves so badly they're working on Navi,
Wow Pascal performance by 2020!?
>enterprise GPUs,
Which is getting slaughtered even harder
>PS5
Oh wow Licensing an SoC will save them.
>and basically all the GPU prices are still fucking high because Vega sold like hotcakes to miners.
They aren't really. Extra margins cards for the mining Craze went solely to the retailers not board partners or chip makers who just got a normal sale. While Vega was late to that party, not as good for it and probably low enough in supply that it didn't garner extra sales. Board partners nor AMD/Nvidea really get much from miners. They dont invest in their ecosystem. They keep cards from their target audience. And they commence a huge dump of cards when the craze ends like we are seeing now.
>BUT RTG IS FINISHED FOR SURE!!!!!!
They are obviously not finished. But vega and fury were huge flops. And 3xx series was a rerelease. Losing Raja probably didn't help either, nor will the behemoth of Intel entering the market. Radeon carried their CPU divison for a while. Now the reverse is happening and APUs and some of their SoC designs will do them well. But their discrete graphics division is getting assfucked, perhaps more than in the history of ATI.

>rtg is fine g-guise
>Raja left for intel

>Vega sold like hotcakes to miners
amd just got lucky that they released this piece of shit during the mining craze

>2018
>be adult
>repeatedly enter threads about GPUs and post the same comment, telling people they have no lives if they like something you don't like

Rip your life