Will a de-Googlified / forked Fuchsia OS be the renaissance of Operating System technology?

Will a de-Googlified / forked Fuchsia OS be the renaissance of Operating System technology?

Attached: download (2).jpg (259x194, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fuchsia.googlesource.com/docs/ /HEAD/getting_started.md#Installing-and-booting-from-hardware
sel4.systems/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Fuchsia is based on a new microkernel called "Zircon". Zircon is derived from "Little Kernel", a small operating system intended for embedded systems. "Little Kernel" was developed by Travis Geiselbrecht, a creator of the NewOS kernel used by Haiku

Wow:

> Android was originally built to power digital cameras, before being adapted into an OS for touchscreen phones. As a result, much of Android doesn’t fit into the future Google sees for smart devices, with voice interaction being particularly important. Fuchsia would solve many of those issues while opening up more opportunities for Google as a result.

>Fuchsia would also have a more robust set of security features than Android, with encrypted user keys being built into the software to tighten security. Fuchsia would also be better than Android at adapting to various different sizes of screen, building toward an interlinked smart future in which Fuchsia powers everything from your doorbell to your toaster. By moving towards Fuchsia, Google can also ditch Java and the issues it’s had surrounding the legal use of Java. It would also mean that Google could ditch the Linux kernel at the center of Android.

Thank you, based Google.

>using anything with a name "fucks ya"

(pronounced FYOO-shia)

>used by Haiku

I spun that up in a VM the other day after seeing a couple threads pop up here the other day. Pleasantly surprised. Really quick. Simple to use. Felt comfy like I was back using Workbench 3.0/3.1 or early KDE/Gnome back in the mid and late 90s.

No, just no.

Attached: justfuckyourshitfam.jpg (512x384, 33K)

>. Pleasantly surprised. Really quick. Simple to use.
If you liked that, wait until you see Fuchsia...

no, android is fine, with fushia Google probably wants to go full applel, aka walled garden. i'm. not looking forward. tbat will be the end of custom roms amd xda too..

Is there a release yet to download and try?

>Being this retarded

>de-googlified os written by google
There'd be nothing left of it, user.

Yes, there is.

>tbat will be the end of custom roms amd xda too..
Great. XDA/ROMS are cancer for poo in loos. Why would you want that? Muh customization?

>using a botneted littlekernel fork
why?

Where faggot? All I've seen is non-functional Youtube videos.

Here it is brainlet: fuchsia.googlesource.com/docs/ /HEAD/getting_started.md#Installing-and-booting-from-hardware

Poor Linux

Looks good to me

Attached: 1536877564316.png (430x441, 86K)

>he thinks it's actually possible to "de-google" anything made by google just because it's open source

thanks for the laugh

>Haiku
sel4.systems/