JavaScript only web

Why does HTML even exist anymore?
Just do it JavaScript only. The HTML base file of most websites is complete gibberish generated by programs anyway. Most websites do sloppy hacks to bypass the HTML:
>Reading the storage to find if user runs a private session
>Shitty boilerplate that just runs a js file on loading

Just think about it:
>No real benefit of making static websites
>No need for React and the like
>Streamlined
>Faster to write sites
>Making web browsers will be much easier because HTML's syntax is shit for both parsing and writing
>Can directly translate DOM calls to GTK or something else

inb4 "but i want to write simple websites"
>Org-mode with a viewer in JS

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-144232.png (1080x1920, 906K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9CSjlZeqKOc
github.com/DenisKolodin/yew
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=9CSjlZeqKOc
Discuss

>Why does JavaScript even exist anymore
>when you can just write a http server in C#/C++ and serve dynamic content from that
>oops forgot html is still used to build the webpage
webassembly looks like a nice future here, something needs to kill scripting languages

>go to any normal site
>videos start playing, news letter popups, etc
>takes more than 3 seconds to load if you have bad connection or slow machine
>disable JS
>all these problems disappear
gee...

>Disable js
>Site doesn't load at all
At least some elements of the site requires it, if not, see the inb4

you need fancy shit to read text?

What is video

Why not dart?

How is it different?

it's a file i can fucking load without js

>Why does HTML even exist anymore? Just do it JavaScript only.
And loose all ways of indexing the web and msking your shit discoverable.

only a small minority of sites (at least ones i use) need js.
not going to expect the average site dev to be competent enough not to create js bloat.
no one needs to load a shit js library to read an article

>Why does HTML even exist anymore?
Because when I request a resource using a Universal Resource Identifier over a Hypertext Transfer Protocol, I expect to served a motherfucking hypertext resource, not 5.1 megabytes of non-free JavaScript (including 16 different frameworks and libraries served from 11 different hosts, each tracking the fuck out of me, a couple of exploits and a cryptocoin miner) that I'm supposed to execute so that 61 ajax requests, 39 websocket frames, and 7 bazillion CPU cycles later my browser assembles an ephemeral, unsaveable, unbookmarkable "resource" for me.

Fuck your fucking "web apps", they're the most malignant form of cancer there is.

It should be HTML only.
No bloat.
No need to upgrade to 32GB of RAM to open two tabs.
No style over substance.

Did I say no bloat?

op is a faggot, js was a huge mistake

this

Sounds like a site I wouldn't want to visit.

so precise I'm curious what web app inspired this
the unsearchability aspect, when every app is implementing their own search instead of letting it get indexed, results in massive networks of people on barren platforms
you can't find anything, contents are undiscoverable. only reliable way to find something is through people, and their references to things and other people directly. "but it's a social network you're supposed to use it like that maybe like through people and connections that's just the way it is" no. all apps are shit at search. they're black holes of content, that's why there's never anything meaningful at it - they're too busy repeating same things for something to persist, not to be lost forever in time, because no one would be able to find it otherwise, even if they ask exactly

Why use HTML or js when you could use rust?
github.com/DenisKolodin/yew

don't forget infinite scrolling aka how to make your oldest posts completely inaccessible and meaningless
brought to you by js

>i like forms, the post

Not sure of the best place to ask this, but got nothing from /wsr/
(Noob here)

Is there a free standalone DRAG & DROP website builder that I can just install on my computer and create simple pages, without having to associate with a specific hosting service, etc.? Just want to drag some pages together and save them to my hard drive, then decide later where I want to host them.

If you want to design a desktop application, then design a desktop application.

Don't bastardize HTML and CSS just because you're incapable of learning anything else.

JavaScript is cancer.
Your """idea""" (brain fart) is cancer.

Your painful inability to design an application that isn't pants on head retarded isn't a reason to get rid of the only thing stopping retards from trying to reimplement raster graphics GUI frameworks on top of JavaScript.

It's just me or someone else wants to go back to no js age?
From time to time I do write some small website or support existing ones and I always try to avoid excessive js cancer.

Go back to your rusted tranny infested place

Javascript is a beautiful language when you understand it. It's like having a tsundere waifu.

>webassembly looks like a nice future here, something needs to kill scripting languages
Try compiling C++ with emscripten to either JS or WebAssembly

>I'm a gamer and I know about computers

>>No real benefit of making static websites
Dropped already after the first point. If you can't conceive websites that put function over form, that explains why you're such a faggot.