twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good thread

return to Jow Forums

Hello, reddit!

>Mod censoring what is happening with linux
The absolute state of corrupt mods

nigger

back to resettera

Woman here. I have been working as a software engineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

i love the new coc because now nazis are being troled epic style

fuck off basedboy

shut up nigger

nazi is american made just like coc dufus

Return to reddit

>For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal
how the fuck is this anyones problem but your own? if you come to the workplace looking like a hooker it's gonna be fucking distracting

>Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest
absolute bullshit

>Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.
you fucking cunt, listen to yourself, youre trying to get people to change to please you, and you have the gall to say that they are oppressing you. you're the fucking oppressor cunt. you're the one forcing a specific behaviour on people this is fucking copypasta anyways, fuck you cunt

Attached: file.png (350x105, 9K)

What are the differences between a mostly male and female team?

Attached: Quiet Nigger.png (407x112, 21K)

HELP ME THEY'RE MAKING FUN OF ME I'M BEING FURSECUTED

Lmao this is just proving her point more, hostile toxic man attacking calm minded female. You can't make this shit up.

kill yourself faggot nigger

go be a nigger faggot on reddit or some shit

>DURRRR IT'S OK IF YOU'RE HITLER, JUST MAKE SURE YOU'RE NICE ABOUT IT
NPC detected.

tits or gtfo

based and redpilled

Teams of professionals or fuckheads?

nigger

>Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest.
So, are we all going to collectively forget the "nerd" stereotype that men find themselves attached to? I'm a little confused as to how that doesn't count as an oppressed identity. Despite countless wedgies and social shunning, men still manage to keep their interest in computers.

Why should women be taken seriously in tech if they don't actually have the passion their male counterparts do? If you're going to pack your bags and leave as soon as you're stereotyped, what the hell kind of person are you? What kind of a man would you be if you just gave up whenever people criticized you?

Grow a pair, sister.

Attached: 346373.jpg (1386x1385, 149K)

Being this unaware :^)
Absolutely nothing wrong with her points made, sorry your boys club is dying :^(

Shut the fuck up. You wanna enter a man's world then compete with him with his rules. For you to think you can walk into somewhere and completely change the culture because you feel oppressed. It is stupid fucks like you that are the reason that western civilization is falling apart.

nigger

Attached: neckbeard.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

you're a fucking faggot nigger, go back to your shitty normie website. fucking cunt piece of shit

KYS

nigger

you first
maybe you'll be rencarnated into a paradise with only men

redpilled
redditpilled

nigger

Kill yourself

this

>Why should women be taken seriously in tech if they don't actually have the passion their male counterparts do?
you're making an assumption that that person lacks passion

I don't think I've ever seen one example where this got a reply from the original user and it turned out to be legit

Maybe if you directed this passion towards writing somewhat okay code you wouldn't worry who your co-workers are :0!!!!

Dumb bitch, blaming your own gender because it took you a long time to get to the position you are today instead of admitting that you are a retard who got disadvantaged because muh men industry shit, seriously

If you have a passion for something, you don't need a rainbow-haired pod of emotional support whales to do that thing you inbred offspring of a whore and a horse.

Can someone explain to me why Linux would impose this on themselves?

did you even read the post
she's complaining that people don't take her seriously because she's a woman, not because she lacks passion

and someone's supposed to give a shit ?

you gave a shit enough to reply

that's my main issue, i'm trying to explain things to retards like you... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>the year was 2010
>tits and vagene were flying
>Unlimited stream of virginal pussy looking teens on cam masturbating for us till orgasm for free every night(rosties would be called roasties and told to anhero, landwhales got the harpoon)
they took that away from us... tumblr, know your enemy

Attached: 1518940490355.jpg (300x278, 22K)

but you're explaining it wrong by making false assumptions

>you're making an assumption that that person lacks passion
My argument was this: Men encounter opposition all the time, and they deal with it. Men are stereotyped as nerds, they argue with each other within the programming community, people have their code rejected all the time.

If a man stops programming because he doesn't like being viewed as a nerd, or he can't handle the work, we can assume that his passion wasn't programming. If a woman stops programming because she doesn't feel encouraged, or doesn't think there's opportunity(How does this even apply in the Open Source community?), perhaps we can blame a lack of actual passion.

fuck off roastie apologist, go to tumblar and blog about your bleeding mangina there

Men whine all the fucking time, look at this thread
I agree that I dont have any sympathy for people who quit because of adversity, doesn't mean you should act like nothing is wrong though

>Be women
>Relentlessly mock and bully males who do computing as 'nerds', 'geeks' and 'dweebs' for decades
>Suddenly they are oppressed because these same people won't bow down and lick their boots

Fuck i hate women

>doesn't mean you should act like nothing is wrong though
Nothing is wrong, though. If you enter a competitive environment, and can't compete, who is at fault?

My wife is on "tech" as you cunts put it. She hates every single one of you fucking faggots.
Imagine working your ass off to get skilled and find work in the field of your choosing, only to have some fucking drunken asshole stumble in and get a corner office because they got fucked up on PCP once and chopped off their dick.

Go to hell.

the idea is that people should be judged on merit and not gender

To add to this, I'd like to be clear, there are good female programmers.
youtube.com/watch?v=0nTDFLMLX9k

But if a man came out and complained that programming was too emotionally draining, because he can't handle people viewing him as a nerd, we would rightly tell him to go fuck himself. Man up and compete, or go home a loser. That's how things work.

where were you when open source was kill?

Attached: lol.png (1154x1265, 382K)

copypasta but based and redpilled

that's not equivalent
the equivalent is white men not being hired because they're white men

>you fucking cunt, listen to yourself, youre trying to get people to change to please you, and you have the gall to say that they are oppressing you. you're the fucking oppressor cunt. you're the one forcing a specific behaviour on people this is fucking copypasta anyways, fuck you cunt
Is this the new copypasta?

I do feel some sympathy for all the beckies out there who have actually busted their asses to try and compete in this male environment only to be fucked over by these tranny monstrosities

>Someone calls cunt a cunt because she is a cunt.

>A mangina/cunt/mental ill retard tell that he just proved 'tha sista's point'

Predictable and boring, if this fags are on Jow Forums who is on leddit and scumblr?

TOGTFO

>the idea is that people should be judged on merit and not gender
Nobody is judging her because she's a woman. We're judging her because if a man complained about the same thing, we would tell him to git good. To be fair, she seems to have done well for herself, and that is admirable. I don't buy this idea that men somehow overlook good work in favor of keeping men at the top. The open source community especially doesn't care.

tits or gtfo

Attached: 1488928826994.jpg (578x700, 99K)