People keep memeing that everyone should learn to program, yet no one gives any reasons why

People keep memeing that everyone should learn to program, yet no one gives any reasons why.

Attached: 1FD1780C-0EEA-497F-A556-F89C7960CD72.png (1267x785, 107K)

To drive down the wages, goy

because there's a special kind of navel-gazing retard who earnestly believes that Technology Can Save Us All, and the way that's going to happen is iphone apps

learn to code, it'll solve homelessness and the untiring march of automation and people sometimes send you free stuff if you promise to say you like it

Because a disturbingly low number of people actually know how.

Even something as simple as learning how to write functions in JavaScript or Python can be an incredibly powerful tool.

this

knowing how to kill, prepare and cook an animal for food is a skill, but not necessarily one that is relevant or useful to the vast swell of humanity

they got these places called mc donald's and they sell ham burgers. Truth

what for? there is already a program for every idea you might have

the kind of person who gets horny thinking about getting a job coding:
>sit in front of the computer all day, only get this - this time they're paying you.
>likes cat's because they are emotionally aloof, but the texture of their fur is appealing
>racist

>Spend 2 years trying to find the motivation to start coding
>Always get bored and give up

>Wanna make a discord bot to insult my friends' mothers.
>Learn Python just for that
>Suddenly interested in programming

Now learning C++ by programming an arduino, wish me luck bros.

do you work at a slaughterhouse for a living?

also, ham burgers are actually made out of beef, not ham

this is me

>there is already a program for every idea you might have

No true. But there is a python script or a JavaScript function for almost every idea you might have. If you can write some glue code to string it together or write custom functions for more specific use cases, you expand your tool box by orders of magnitude.

The ready money is in writing programs for business use, aka LOB "Line of Business" applications, mostly with web interfaces now aka SPA "Single Page Applications". This could be as simple as a Python program running on Django retrieving data from existing SQL databases and using vue.js for the front end. There is also big money in devops which is just newspeak for system administration. Either way it's worth learning to program and set up/configure servers just for the money normies will pay for those skills.

these retarded pepes are so funny, lol.

Given that modern society is dependent on computers and computers are almost literally everywhere, I'd say knowing the basics of programming should be part of basic schooling the same way learning about biology or history is. Everyone doesn't need to know how to make a text editor(for instance), but they should know the basics of what's involved in that kind of task so it doesn't seem like black magic.

I got about 12000 reasons every month. Didn’t even go to college.

Because during high school I had to intern at a company, in my case it was a bank and things that could have been done in minutes with a simple excell script were done by hand over days.

Next, you’re going to tell the that aspergers has nothing to do with my ass.

Make your own bido gayms

>can automate certain tasks
>can enhance understanding of basic logical and mathematical concepts
>can develop into a career if you're halfway decent at it

>you will never be that little apu, hiding under a rug

Attached: 1525557086393.png (657x526, 38K)

I made it a part of my learning strategy. When we discussed some physics formula and the teacher would draw some shit on the blackboard, I would think about writing a simulation. While others at home were meditating over their shitty notes, I coded a gui that showed me the motion of a free fall, a throw or a pendulum.