What’s the worst that could happen with companies like 23andme having your genetic data?

What’s the worst that could happen with companies like 23andme having your genetic data?

I feel like the fear is overblown. Are there any additional arguments or is it all just
>muh insurance coverage might be denied

Attached: 4L_onmFaQYp.jpg (488x488, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20180427183138/https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/26/ancestry-23andme-deny-assisting-law-enforcement-in-east-area-rapist-case/
telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/22/europe-birthplace-mankind-not-africa-scientists-find/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ever caught a body?

If you ever commit a crime, if you or someone in your family has used these genetic data companies, you will be caught.

Because 23andme is owned my Google they probably will use it to improve their suggestion algorithms and whatnot

>23andmutt

Forgot about this. Much better argument than muh insurance, but I really don’t see myself committing any crimes in my lifetime grave enough to worry about. If I were to murder someone or do some shit that’d send me to jail for more than 5-10 years and there was any likelihood I would be caught I’d just kill myself so I don’t see the big deal desu.

If anything I feel like this could also exonerate me of crimes I’m being accused for that I didn’t commit.

data breach
selling your data to third parties without your permission

Tailored bioweapon. You won't even know what and how and where hit you for making a wrong edit in Wikipedia, and neither will police. Only Mossad and 23andme will.

>Mossad

Conspiratards pls go

Look up the Lavon affair, to accuse Mossad of evil conspiracies isn't really a stretch.

My only concern is if someone hacks their servers and then somehow in the future DNA will be useful for something that scammers could monetize

But as of now, the biggest risk is finding your dad’s other children. Seriously, i casually mentioned that I wanted to get 23andme done and my dad got very serious and told me not to do that unless i wanted to risk finding potential half siblings. So I’ve just put off getting it done but i really do want to know some of the medical stuff, not the ancestry stuff

I did it. The owners confessed to randonly adding a sub 1% amount of African dna if it came up that you had none, so obviously take all the data with a grain of salt .

Otherwise, submit with a fake email and name you're good.

You get put on a list. Sometimes those people on the list disappear. Sometimes they are found with their organs harvested and blood drained. It's fine if you don't live in America though.

I took ancestry dna last year, am i gonna get cloned into biological warfare now Jow Forums?

This kills the Jow Forums

They clone you, train your clone as a spy, then one night they capture you and replace you with said clone.
Afterwards, they force you to watch as your clone carries out his orders and slowly kills / drives to madness / turns against you all the people you love.
Then they swap you back in and you try yo explain what happened but nobody believes you.
They'll keep your clone in drug-induced coma and revive it for the occasional threatening / political assassination / sexual favor.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAA.jpg (218x218, 24K)

Because once their servers get hacked you can't do anything to protect yourself since it's biologically impossible to change your genes.

disney buys your DNA, creates a simulation of your brain, then designs an advertisement that forces your brain to buy a minions bumper sticker

What is the proof that they are accurate or telling you the truth?

>forces your brain to buy a minions bumper sticker
Where is my trusty noose where I need it.

>replace you with newborn baby

Attached: 1375027162508.jpg (450x450, 34K)

>feel like the fear is overblown

>The bulk of the DNA grunt work investigators used to help capture the suspected Golden State Killer, the notorious rapist and killer who eluded law enforcement for four decades, came on a no-frills, “open-source” genealogy website that allows users to share their genetic profiles for free.

web.archive.org/web/20180427183138/https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/26/ancestry-23andme-deny-assisting-law-enforcement-in-east-area-rapist-case/

They make a clone of you and replace you with that.
Extra bonus: the new you will glow in the dark

Reminder that google can probably detect if you have parkinsons based on your touch screen usage

Oh shit that just game me a really scary thought...
>wife in labor with your child
>drive to hospital
>wife gives birth
>its a boy
>doctors take baby and perform tests
>raise him
>he looks really familiar for some reason
>the years pass
>he looks just like you
>turns out the doctors replaced your actual baby with a clone of you

>sub 1%

It’s almost as if all modern humans stem from africa or something

Attached: 4L_rNPMyuSK.jpg (204x306, 7K)

>What’s the worst that could happen with companies like 23andme having your genetic data?
They'll hand it over to the government

It can be used against you in the court of law, has less legal protection than even criminal databases.

Good thing I’m not a serial rapist and don’t plan to be?

How could this be used against the average person who isn’t involved in a life of crime?

And do what that they can’t already do exactly?

Why do zoomers abuse question marks?

This is bullshit, that was a fake news

>that was a fake news
Then how does that explain the presence of exotic DNA? Not him but I had the same happen to me. Sub-1% SE Asian and African DNA. I have a well-mapped family tree and all my ancestry comes from western yurop.

Hmph. Won't work on me. I have extra chromosome. 24andPeaceout sub humans.

Attached: 1537481810551.jpg (440x293, 15K)

>How could this be used against the average person who isn’t involved in a life of crime?
If your DNA was ever found at a crime scene you could be caught, whether you're the criminal or not.
>And do what that they can’t already do exactly?
The government can't take your DNA sample without a warrant, but could ask a company and have them willingly give it. The protections are much lower.

That's been disproven for awhile now
telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/22/europe-birthplace-mankind-not-africa-scientists-find/

That doesnt disprove anything. It could literally be a chimp bone. Furthermore, it doesnt erased the overwhelming amount of hard evidence of hominids coming from Africa. There is nothing sjw about admitting the first humans were from Africa.

It's a lot harder to murder your wife and get away with it. Gotta think ahead.

They make a clone and replace you with it

Nothing if you arent a filthy criminal. Rate mine Jow Forums

Attached: Screenshot_20180906-223906_Chrome.jpg (1439x1561, 251K)

It is just noise man. If you connect to direct relatives or when they update their algorithms the percentages change a little bit. At first I was 100% euro, then 99% with 1% south asian, and now 100% euro again. I didnt touch anything during those transitions, they just updated whatever algorithms and shieet they do

>Lavon affair
didn't even know about this
thanks mang

Attached: almonds.png (755x574, 148K)

I'm having a baby and the baby is you!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Is that you Mulder?

Great thread.
I feel like I'm on /x/

>US and UK give kikes their own nation after WW2
>kikes instantly do everything they can to fuck over the UK and then US, while hiding behind their skirts like a child
Fucking jews

>be kikes
>try to false flag attack the people who gave you your nation
>lie about it, then honor your dead terrorists decades later
Yeah and who can forget those hero oirish IRA nail bombing mick school children to get rid of the pesky english soldiers, or the brave and noble jihadis cutting childrens heads off and driving VBIED into civilian filled locals

>take a DNA test
>someone in your extended family commits a crime
>DNA is a partial match
>your entire immediate and extended family are now arrested and forced to give DNA samples

Just because you don't care about your privacy doesn't mean you should throw away your entire lineage's privacy just because you're curious if you're part nigger or not.

Retards will spout anyone afraid of their DNA being uploaded to a mega-database is paranoid or a (potential) criminal, but they fail to see the bigger picture.

This shit will be abused and will be sold to third parties. It's also part of a very gradual processed where more and more civil liberties will be taken away from citizens. Databases can also get breeched, and who knows what implications that can have in the future.

Because mistakes happen. There was a guy in Idaho who was falsely implicated in a cold case murder a couple years ago and almost had his life ruined.

Not to mention the fact there's the possibility that someone could replicate the DNA profiles in the servers, and leave someone else's DNA at a crime scene to confuse investigators. That's a long shot but crazier shit can happen.

You have a family tree that goes back to 40.000bc?
That's amazing

But i want to feel superior for free!

One of the owners literally admitted to doing this on twitter. According to them, it's not false because 0% is "less than 1%".

>Not to mention the fact there's the possibility that someone could replicate the DNA profiles in the servers, and leave someone else's DNA at a crime scene to confuse investigators

More likely scenario is that someone is a political target and the investigators themselves replace the digital representation of the sequenced DNA with that from their database, then the original physical sample disappears.

A private company is taking your DNA, sequencing it and putting it into a massive database. You sign away all of your rights to it. They can do pretty much whatever they like with it. You aren't able to change it like you would a password.
Who knows what they will be able to do with it in 20 years time. You may not care about your privacy but some of us do. I just hope I don't have the misfortune of being related to any asshole who pays for the privilege of having their DNA databased.

>He dosen't do his killing in a hermetically sealed power suit.

No prints, No loose hairs, No skin specs.

How is that scientific in the first place?
Non sequitur condicio sine qua non

The indispensable grain of salt of subsahara

>scientific

None of it's scientific in the first place. They all use their own internal heuristics. Submit your DNA to 3 different services and you'll get back 3 wildly different profiles.

The databases will be regularly queried by your national law enforcement agency in order to "solve" crimes.

Left a flake of skin or stray hair at a crime scene? Bad luck, now you're gonna get arrested even if your DNA was there by happenstance. And while they're at it, they're gonna check computers too. What's that? Encrypted your device? Well tough luck for you since they're gonna lock you up until you give them the password, since it seems mighty suspicious and could help "solve" the crime.