/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
→ → → → → → → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 67.jpg (1111x1111, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
computersalg.se/i/4106649/kingston-server-premier-ddr4-64-gb?utm_source=prisjaktSe&utm_medium=prisjaktSeLINK&utm_campaign=prisjaktSe
xahlee.info/comp/unicode_drawing_shapes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first
i
r
s
t

i love you Jow Forums, how do i show my affection better

second
i
r
s
t

install gentoo

Yes I have.
No. Most Jow Forumsood men only use FREE (as in freedom) software.

done

I'm about to switch back to Windows 8.1 after a while. Is the Netflix app on that shit any good? For some reason using Netflix on Chrome, with or without 1080p extension, lags a bit on my absolute piece of shit toaster and the W10 app seemed to do it just fine.

>Most Jow Forumsood use windows machines while LARPing as hardocre linux users
ftfy

why is Jow Forums having a meltdown?

Sauce or artist ?

Brave browser for android doesn't have black theme !?
Any good alternative????

Is there a superior software to waifu2x out there somewhere?

lads,

i need to install win10 on a pc
but i only have a flash drive of 3.5gb, and the iso is 4gb
wtf do i do, theres no netinstall iso?

Adjusting your expectations.

Looks like Range Murata to me.

you acquire a larger flash drive, duh
something small like 16Gb cost next to nothing

Is it worth buying ddr4 32gb for videogames, or am I still good with what I have for now?

Attached: Capture.png (510x64, 10K)

You're good for a while, 16GB is plenty.
DDR4 would require a new processor and motherboard.

too many bad news, it was a rough month

I got what you mean DX

Thanks

I can't use ddr4 with these parts? Genuine question.

What bad news?

what parts? you didn't show any besides your ram

No. DDR4 is a different physical size than DDR3.

The linux tranny taking over the kernal. NCIX and Newegg both being hacked. Terry passing.

You can't use DDR4 on a motherboard designed for DDR3, sou you'll need to buy at least a new mobo, which usually means a new CPU too

He's talking about his CPU and motherboard.

My bad forgot to attach

Attached: Capture.png (747x636, 148K)

terry davis dead then linus stepping down

When you pause a download on google chrome, when does that actually work? Most times I've done it and i try to resume it says it can't connect with the server.

I've been downloading a file for 10 hours with 2hr remaining and there's a storm that just hit my town, possibly about to knock out my internet connection and i don't know wat do.

It works for me on my phone. Not on the computer.

If i have an issue with some android settings, should I ask here or is there a better suited place you guys suggest for a quick help?
I already tried googling the issue with no results(sort of), and tried in a discord server but even if it's not inactive, 90% of the questions i read there got ignored

getting stuttering in f2k when switching songs, more like a small freeze on the PC, the mice won't move much for half a second or less, it's much noticeable when playing games
what do

Post here and in /spg/

>drive dies
>resurrect it
>quick_copy_the_data.png
>connect another drive
>start copying
>second drive starts clicking too

No, on top of the aftermentioned motherboard issue your CPU is socket 1150, and there are no 1150 motherboards with DDR4 support, so you'll need a new CPU too

You already have plenty RAM, it's not really worth to buy an entirely new system just for marginal RAM speed increases.

Shit luck. Guessing you bought both of the drives at the same time? Or they're both externals, and have been moved around a lot.

That's why I keep saying to use SSDs as external drives. Put mechanical drives in the PC. They last longer when they aren't being banged around in a backpack or laptop.

>marginal RAM speed increases
Might not even get an increase in speed. DDR4 has higher latency than DDR3. And the added capacity he's wanting would be completely wasted if he's just gaming. It would be an expensive possible downgrade.

Guess I'm sticking with what I've got for now then, thanks guys.

If you are asking that, I guess you haven't overclocked. Look for a guide to overclock the i6 4790K, it's a pretty good CPU. I am rocking it's locked little brother, a 4790 but slitghy overclocked (4,2GHz).
Also, what actually matter in videogames and most shit is latency (basically speed/CL), in my case I will get almost the same latency than DDR4 3200 14CL.
You could maybe get more RAM if you want to, but if you have never hit 100% then there is no reason to. I hit 100% rarely, but I do so I needed more RAM.

Attached: file.png (673x635, 41K)

Site has to have the resume function enabled.

the original failure was a drive that i had for very long and yesterday it stopped spinning up . the other was a brand new , out of the box external hdd that was too cheap for its capacity (60$ for 2tb) . it's clicking rhythmically but linux doesn't report a problem yet so i'm hoping it's something like the supply or it can at least hold the data for a few days. The only drive i have left is another dying one :(

fuck off loli pedo

>too cheap for its capacity (60$ for 2tb)
Nah, that's the going rate now. I'd buy another one just in case, they shouldn't be making noises.

You have to go back.

it's impressive how the packed so much capacity for such low price
i guess i shouldn't be running it 24/7

Have you seen SSD prices recently?
It's better to run a HDD 24/7. Powering them on/off wears them out. When powered on, but not in use, and heads 'park' themselves. Another reason they shouldn't be used as external drives.

I'll give it a go here for now then

I have a Huawei P8 Lite 2017 with Oreo(8.0) and EMUI 8, and I can't seem to change my twitter(and few other apps too) notification sound.
Oreo has the new notification channels, which allow to customize notifications behavior for each action in each app.
Twitter removed the "ringtone" settings inside their app due to this, so i cant change the notification sound from within the app, and i'd need to do so in the notification settings in the android settings(Settings > App > Twitter > Notifications > Selct the action such as "New tweets" > Sound), which is the soultuion i found googling the issue, the problem is there is no "Sound" option after i selected the action i want to change the sound for, and there is also no "priority" settings which apparently is needed, set to high, to change the sound(with priority set to low or medium, the "sound" option is grayed out according to the guides, but still present).

It's the same for other apps, i can only enable/disable the notifications for each action, but not change sound like all the solutions i found seems to suggest.

>Have you seen SSD prices recently?
>114$ 480G
that's not bad but i really only would want them for their reliability since this is a backup server and i don't care at all for read/write speeds

I want an indoor IP camera to watch over a room but I want to be able to watch it through an internet browser what is one that would do this that isn't $100 + ?

you could easily set up something yourself with a wired cam but if you'd rather not have a bunch of wires everywhere you can get some shitty ip camera that either spies on you and sends data to weird locations or requires a massive app you can't get around having to use

or if you're autistic you could use a raspi or a similar device to make a wired cam into an ip camera

>built a computer
>own a Asus VE228H LCD monitor
>when inside of a game, it occasionally loses the signal suddenly "no dvi signal"
>I know the pc is perfectly fine because I can hear my music still playing
>have to turn everything off, unplug it and wait a bit for it to work again
No I cannot use an HDMI cable because when I do that it literally degrades the performance of my pc horribly which makes no sense to me. Why would my monitor be losing signal? i talked to someone at a computer store and he said it couldn't be the cable.

i need legit windows 7 iso but without key. is there any avaible? why on microsoft you can download only windows 10 for 30 days trial?

>Why would my monitor be losing signal? i talked to someone at a computer store and he said it couldn't be the cable.
The guy is an idiot, and should have been fired. Not only will a new cable fix the problem, he would have sold you one for 10x the price.
Buy a new DVI cable on Amazon

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

:( Wow, I thought he was pretty alright. I mean to be fair the cable was barely being used before i had this problem, literally for one week or so, guess it was defect. Thanks for advice, I just really hope that'll fix it and it's not my computer doing something weird to my monitor.

Attached: 1452571993088.gif (408x408, 11K)

why do people use != outside of a programming context

Not sure. I used =/= for a while before I learned about !=

it makes them sound cool

Programmers are the least cool people I know. They're also the smelliest profession.

I use != whenever i know whoever reads will understand it because I'm used to it and it comes natural, but i use =/= if i think whoever reads might not know !=

Anyone know any good bluetooth speakers in the 120$ range? whatever sounds the best, dont really care about waterproofing and shit.

Was browsing around for a bit on a price comparison site and noticed that this one had its price drop by 75%, Kingston DDR4 2666MHz ECC 64GB.

Is this one shit or is it okay going for? I know a lot of high-end RAM today get 3000MHz but not sure how big of a difference it makes, and if it is any downside to using one RAM stick over several.

Best torrent site for
>anime
>manga
>music
>weeb music
>games
>movies
>programs
>Windows
Need suggestions please

i just put the drive on a laptop and it stopped clicking :)

All ram is pretty much the same. The speed increase is with dual channel or quad channel ram configurations, and that depends on the motherboard supporting it.

Manga comes out fairly fast in translations on several sites, I use goodmanga. Don't like their translations? For anime I'd said nyaa is good.

can some recommend me a good email client? Thunderbird's support is disastrous

Hey guys. Trying to install lineageOS for the first time. I followed their guide but I get Error: 7 when installing from .zip. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

bato.to

>weeb music
neck yourself

Installing on a OnePlus 5T btw forgot to mention

Thanks, so basically you can get more value out of several sticks as long as your motherboard supports it. I assume that most new motherboards $200+ would have it yeah?

I might go for this one though if it's not any big difference between 2666 and 3000MHz, since it's cheaper than all the 32gb options I see (which I was originally going for). Here in Sweden 32gb go for like 350, while the 64gb stick was going on sale on a site for 250 so looks like a pretty damn good deal to me.

use google.
intext:btih thing_you_are_looking_for

how do i search for unicode characters that assemble a multiline symbol?

I know of the "Box drawing" block but I want to know if there are more

>I assume that most new motherboards $200+ would have it yeah?
Most motherboards support dual channel. Quad channel is on 'enthusiast' boards, and servers.
Definitely get the 64GB stick, that's a steal. And, no, not much of a difference between 2666 and 3000MHz. It's marketing for the most part.

Recommend me a good wireless card pls
not too expensive though..

my current one is TP-Link TL-WN881ND

Holy hell, Bato.to aint private anymore?

I used to have an account there like 5-6 years ago, then after Nyaa scare it got private and I had forgotten old acc so couldn't use it. Had an account at Animebytes as well but got pruned for inactivity.

Usually ignore spoonfeed but since it's SQT so.

For ongoing anime, use Nyaa. For older stuff try to get an account at Animebytes or use bato.to (since it's open again now appearently).

No great conclusive manga archive so best bet is to download series from the scanlators, though torrents on bigger series tends to be up on anime sites. There's a sekkrit club that's pretty good though, but minimum requirement for entry is to search the /a/rchive for it.

Weeb music is usually on anime sites as well, tons of smaller sites mirror so just google it if you can't find anything.

Regular music used to be what.cd but it got shut down recently so honestly don't know where to go now.

Honestly your best bet for a legitimate link to pirate Windows/windows unlocking software is to look on Reddit since it's easy to see if it's real or not there.

As long as it's not hit-and-run titles you shouldn't be pirating games desu.

or lets say how do i improve my internet connection ?
im upstairs and there are massive concrete between my pc and the modem/router

How would I remove this so I have room to plug in my cpu power cord? Is it even removable?

Attached: E19770AE-755D-4246-B264-01380F17893A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.08M)

whenever i watch silicon valley (the show) and they talk about technical stuff i don't get 90% of it, am i a bad programmer?

Wait is it a single 64gb stick? ECC right?

These are for servers.

I hope I can buy it then, just noticed earlier today that my account had been emptied on iTunes and Netflix. Probably some Russian guy who got hands on my credit card info through some small company I've ordered from. Thankfully I tend to put almost all spare money towards downpaying my mortgage so only had a little over 200 bucks on it, called in a few hours ago to block the card and I'll apply to my bank to see if I can get my money back for identity theft.

I doubt it's a virus/keylogger though since I formatted my computer 2-3 months ago and haven't downloaded anything strange with it. I'll do some multiple full scans with Bitdefender, Kaspersky and Spybot to see if I find anything though.

Buy a long cable and make a hole in the wall. Or move your computer.

This one computersalg.se/i/4106649/kingston-server-premier-ddr4-64-gb?utm_source=prisjaktSe&utm_medium=prisjaktSeLINK&utm_campaign=prisjaktSe

Does it matter if it's for servers?

hole saw t.metalworker

These absolute ass-cancer ads underneath the announcements keep coming back. Every day I update all my ublock origin filters and add-ons. Every day it works. Every following day they're back. Why do I have to keep playing cat and mouse with these fucking things?

Because ads don't like being blocked. Technology advances, get up to speed gramps

You just don't know the history of the industry. The whole show is based on real people and real businesses, and their tropes. They're making fun of them.

Check your bios or manual to see if your computer will accept ECC ram. This has some sort if buffer check built in. If your computer isn't ECC capable there is no point in going further.

If it can accept the ram, you may still face issues if your BIOS has a blacklist or whitelist of hardware it will accept or just plain out fails to have instruction set that let's your ram work. You may experience slow down or crashes

From quora
and honestly, 250€ for a 1000€ RAM stick smells pretty bad to me. It's almost too good.

UBO > Element Blocking
Click everything you never want to see again

uBlock Origin>settings>Activate extra filters

I'm not sure if it's the same but when I built the computer I'm currently using four years ago I had huge issues with it not starting up properly. Turned out the software for my motherboard was incompatible with my g.skill RAM sticks so I had to send it back for them to update it and then send it back to me, was a huge hassle. Might've been because it's not a very popular brand here and that it wasn't whitelisted then?

Maybe I'll just play it safe and get the 32GB RAM instead, I don't really need more than that but figured I might as well get this since it's more for cheaper.

>Google
>Microsoft
>Apple
>Facebook
Rank these botnets from most to least trustworthy.

Google.
Apple.
Microsoft.
Facebook.

Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Google.

>facebook more trustworthy than google
at least you can use google without having to be signed in

xahlee.info/comp/unicode_drawing_shapes.html

Your motherboard probably doesn't support LRDIMM memory. Check with the manufacturer.