There is no perfect OS, only pros and cons

Prove me wrong

Attached: a3f555faced8925f4deb25af19d6abff_XL.jpg (1024x576, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.osdev.org/Expanded_Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

macOS exists

You are wrong.

Windows 8.1 home works on my machine

i'm a designer, so as you expect i work on a mac and at home my 'serious' pc work/gamestation is running windows 10, while my laptop runs ubuntu.

i've seen so many shit on mac, i get even more pissed cause its a machine with a cost of ~2k

mac with clean install wont boot if you dont disconect all cables except power, programs just die, it has bugs like any system

Temple OS sponsored by CIA niggers

what about it

works on my machine :^

9front /thread

This is only true currently, but not in principle.
There can be a perfect system.

Agreed, but some OSs have more pros than cons depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

that sounded like you've been give a participation trophy in a most beatiful toddler contest

can be, but there is none, people should pick system based on needs not fanboyism

again, for your needs, not everyone... people are pretending to be PR guys for the imperfect products/companies that they paid for, something i dont understand

>can be, but there is none, people should pick system based on needs not fanboyism
I agree in part, however if we're saying "should", people should prioritize making a better OS rather than making better software on a bad OS.
I do a mix of both.

There's only one truth.

Everything sucks.

If only making it was a project one man could do himself

Actually thinking of it someone should make a manual about making an OS from scratch and cover multiple ways

>>Actually thinking of it someone should make a manual about making an OS from scratch and cover multiple ways

like open source or like paid?

openbsd is great, the only cons are compatibility and performance

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

>If only making it was a project one man could do himself
I mean, in essence, all teams start this way. Forming a team is step 1 for the 1 man team.
More than 1 person cares about the sate of operating systems.

>Actually thinking of it someone should make a manual about making an OS from scratch and cover multiple ways
wiki.osdev.org/Expanded_Main_Page

They're not mutually exclusive.

Agreed OP.

Windows has the better software and hardware compatibility but it's pretty hacky, filthy and unstable, specially with later versions.

macOS doesn't take advantage of hardware like Windows does meaning it requires more to do less, it has really silly security issues from time to time and while they do have plenty of software, there's no fucking games and whatever you want to get working either works or doesn't, regarding hardware and peripherals. Hackintosh proves this.

Loonix is either great or a mess. Software compatibility is brutally shitty even nowadays with wrappers and WINE. Some issues persist for generations. Fragmentation kills enjoyment and there's more potential for fucking things up. It does have better font rendering and DEs though

Both

You are correct. I would expound on that idea by saying that there's five distinct types of computing. The first is server/headless computing. This means the base OS runs and does what it needs to do in order to be useful to interact with other machines on a network, to serve content, and so on. The second group is home and hobbyist desktop computing. This means any laptop or desktop computer, or even tablets, which run an operating system that has a desktop shell of some kind. So on Linux/Unix you have X with whatever window manager/desktop environment, on MacOS you have Aqua, on Windows you have whatever the fuck that uses. These machines run the user's applications. For home and hobbyist use cases, the user doesn't use these machines for enterprise level work. They usually don't get paid for the work they do on these machines, if they do work on them at all. That brings us to the third type of computing, which is enterprise computing. It's workstations, laptops, and other devices and software that are used as pieces of critical infrastructure in modern business environments. An example would be CAD modeling software. The fourth type of computing is embedded. This deals with small, low power devices which are used for very specific applications. This ranges from a small ARM board in the console of a car that controls a touch screen to a small temperature sensor board in a piece of factory equipment. The last kind of computing is the scientific and theoretical kind. This is computing for the purpose of research into things like simulations, developing new and specialized medical or weapons hardware, etc.

Jow Forums should work on categorizing things into these 5 areas of computing. It helps to make sense of things. For example, CentOS is for server use while HaikuOS is for home/hobbyist use, while 9front is a research OS.

Attached: 1529853796042.jpg (657x527, 45K)

I feel ya m8. Had to develop some apps for ios at work and Jesus crust, the 'just werks' slogan is a bad joke

Attached: 1344461614240.jpg (480x640, 62K)

Attached: xxx.jpg (750x479, 22K)

yea, good luck testing something on ios, like an basic web app

this has to be shop , rite?