Jow Forums approved anti virus

Whats the best Paid and Free antivirus out there; not just in terms of purely blocking malware, but reducing system performance the least, and setting custom rules to allow blocked applications to run.

Attached: antivirus-5a72401a8e1b6e0037eca70b.jpg (768x512, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pi-hole.net/
packages.debian.org/sid/gufw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Common Sense 2018
It's free.

windows 10 comes with good in-built protection already.

>just pull out bro

Thats cool and all until you need to connect to public networks

Who do you think writes the worst viruses op? Skiddies who want Bitcoin?

ClamAV

Windows Defender

>Connecting to public networks on a desktop
>Using a laptop

>wanting to be able to do job while outside or on holiday and not spend 1000's on mobile data

>Going outside

>Connecting to public networks

>microshit
Windows Defender unironically
Malwarebytes for the occasional cleanup job
>linux
don't need it
>mobile
like it would make a difference

>connecting

Being an incel doesn't have this problem.

Install gentoo

If you use WIndows 10, Defender is just fine and you won't even notice it much. Use UO on your Memefox too and it'll be pretty hard to get a virus.

/thread

>clamav
you meant immunet

india retard nigger doctor

yourself you autist

Attached: 35849181_1766463466776423_6599899978305372160_n.jpg (370x373, 12K)

Use a good adblocker and ensure that you are using https whenever possible. The best maintenance is preventative maintenance. Personal choices are HTTPS everywhere and UBlock Origin with its extender. Add in some good browser rules like ensuring all flash or scripts require permission before running and you have what is described as "Common Sense 2018 Free edition".

Bitdefender free

Kaspersky is the best paid
Windows Defender is good enough for free shit

seconding clamwin. very lightweight. recommend to all npc customers.

RHCSA here, I recommend ClamAV as well. Especially on file servers that interact with Windows systems.
Just because Linux doesn't get as many viruses, doesn't mean it can't pull a 'Typhoid Mary' and help infect the Windows side of your network.

Adguard DNS to avoid malware sites and most ads, works in Europe just fine.
Bitdefender is cheapest and a bit better than Kaspersky.
Otherwise use hardened Linux and get your own DNS server.

The proprietary ones are literally all botnets, and the open-source ones lag in coverage.
They add attack surface, often to the extent that they __decrease__ overall security.
The proprietary ones stream updates from their clouds, and most of the vendors refuse to answer whether they cooperate with external entities in streaming through malicious updates on request.
You're better off just looking into browser sandboxing and hardening. Files you download/receive will still be a problem -- maybe find a small script that lets you do on-demand scans via VirusTotal.

Just use UFW, why would you need an antivirus for connecting to public networks?

>Adguard DNS
Russians that will sell your information.

VirusTotal.com
UBLOCK-ORIGIN, HTTPS_ONLY
UAC ON ALL TIME
Do not run programs as administrator unless they have been virus-scanned by virus total and you trust the distributor.

Basically common sense. If you're downloading random crap from the internet, make sure you aren't running "cracks" for software, just find an equivalent FOSS software. If it's for games, grow the fuck up and buy them yourself.

Why would you just compile random sources from the internet? Pretty much all the software you should need will be in a repo for your distro.

ESET

I buy it that ClamAV is very useful for this sort of thing, I just dont know how I feel about a non commercial antivirus solution. I'm already running ESET for linux and all my other platforms, and I have a lot of trust in them. You wouldnt happen to have any experience comparing ClamAV to ESET? I compare ESET to Kaspersky often side by side, and find it generally slightly better with a bit of give and take.

? What do you risk connecting to public networks? You mean you have open ports or something? Don't tell me you're using http to browse the internet instead of https.

Now the KGB knows that I am unironically gay while I'm not under their jurisdiction and don't do online banking.
While at the same time my political elite favours economic ties with Russians and Chinese, so it's not like a population they will attack.
You can use a pihole too.
pi-hole.net/
Inb4 that's Mossad.

>UFW
A firewall gui? Dude you need protection at kernel layer and sandboxing even before you start blocking a handful of ports. The payload can come on any fucking port.

UFW has no gui.

GNU GPL version 3 or later.

>this whole thread
Jow Forums has fallen

>this post
Jow Forums has indeed fallen

xD install gentoo
i miss old Jow Forums

packages.debian.org/sid/gufw

That's GUFW.

I use norton, mcaffee, spybot search and destroy, and kaspersk. Can't be too safe

Attached: 1512290976076.jpg (452x2121, 164K)

>wanting to be able to do job

Attached: 1516280115948.gif (189x360, 962K)

FPBP /thread

my iOS 12 does not have this problem ;)

I only have an AV because it comes with a firewall
I don't trust the windows firewall

Literally all antivirus solutions are botnet.
>closed source
>admin access to filesystem
>read/write permissions on every file on the pc
>creates a monitoring process that makes extensive reports about everything that moves and sends it home

Attached: 1537586912818.jpg (858x625, 100K)

>The payload can come on any fucking port
> he thinks that all incoming data is executed by default
> he thinks that there are unpatched publicly known vulnerabilities in the networking stack
stop exposing insecure/misconfigured daemons to the network and you'll be fine, ya dork. the real danger in connecting to public access points is some kid with wireshark sniffing or trying to inject traffic, in which case set up a VPN endpoint on your home network and tunnel through

>guzzling 1TB of RAM for nothing
fuck winshit