*harvests your credit card numbers and passwords*

*harvests your credit card numbers and passwords*

Attached: 1200px-UBlock_Origin.svg[1].png (1200x1200, 60K)

What?

>They just "trust me"...dumb fucks.

Attached: ubo permissions.png (697x480, 16K)

Attached: 20892277b01a1e50bf2b6bee39dc43a755e2fb2249df22348d1bf4314b50a378.png (955x957, 86K)

Glow harder

Attached: 1518470147139.jpg (1024x1024, 131K)

>an addon that changes webpages needs to read webpages
woah...

Been using it for years and not a single account/credit card has been compromised. But if you've found some recent evidence, please share- I promise I'll uninstall right away daddy

how do you think an adblocker works just curious

t. abp shill

ok obv I'm exaggerating
But I got to thinking...it could be doing so. How can I be sure it's not?
In order to be truly secure from such a threat...must we run NO addons at all? even if it means ads?

Attached: images.png (256x196, 7K)

nice try hiro

You could check the source code and make a package for yourself

And how often is one supposed to do this? Every month? Every week? Every day?

Right now we're all just trusting the addon makers and other users to alert us if something's wrong. Based entirely on trust, not surety.

I suggest you contact the prepper community, you seem to think along the same lines as them
That said you might have trouble doing so, they don't like using easily-accessed websites like here

>Based entirely on trust, not surety.
Yes, this is true for literally any software that you didn't wrote yourself
Write your own BIOS and TempleOS or deal with it

don't use internet

Attached: tin-foil-hat_grande.jpg (600x600, 65K)

>.must we run NO addons at all? even if it means ads?

i'd fucking GIVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER if it meant no ads.

Everything is trust user.
The difference between trusting free software devs vs anything proprietary is that the former gives me/the community the ability to confirm whatever is being trusted, vs simply blind faith or whatever.
Your reputation also follows you - If you as a free software browser addon dev were to do something nefarious and betray the trust of your users, no one would trust you with anything in the future.
If you can show that our trust in uBO has in anyway been betrayed (which as has been pointed out is entirely possible), we will all stop using it immediately.
This is simply what you have to deal with as soon as any external entity is encountered - This is what it is to be a person.

Ublock Origin is under the GNU General Public License v3.0

This is the problem with open source.
However, the alternative is that you can't find vulnerabilities and submit patches, instead you have to rely on dedicated researchers/white hats looking at a given extension, since decompilation and reverse engineering is time consuming.
There's no way to escape this - your CPU has proprietary microcode, same with motherboard BIOS/UEFI, GPU ROM, etc

Libreboot.