Dell The Power To Fuck Off

So I recently got rid of my MacBook Pro and I'm looking at Dells because they're the only PC I trust. Either way I want to get a computer that will last and be a beast. I like the Inspiron 15 7000 but I don't know what should I do guys and gals?

Attached: th2R7K27GS.jpg (200x148, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-14-7000/spd/inspiron-14-7472-laptop/dncwa264s/configurations
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dell latitude E6420 has served me well thus far. The only downside is it's garbage display.

I think thinking about getting a rugged because why not it's military grade lol right now I'm running a dell inspiron 15 3000 from like 2014, downhill from here

>Inspiron
>consumer line
Just no. XPS if you fell for the thin and light meme, otherwise it's Precision you really want.

>Dell
>preinstalled bloatware subsidy
>Windows 10
>trust

Attached: 2EE84BBD-EE7D-454C-92A6-B05AFD34B495.png (627x500, 164K)

I would get a XPS if the camera wasn't in such a dumb fuck place. Explain thus Precision to me

lol

>Dells because they're the only PC I trust
>I want to get a computer that will last and be a beast.
>Inspiron
>I N S P I R O N

Attached: 24e.jpg (500x333, 30K)

E5400 is bae

All consumer laptops are trash and are designed to only last a short period of time. The warranties may as well not exist.
Doesn't matter what brand it is.

When buying new, business-tier laptop and warranty or nothing.

Recently got an XPS 15 and I gotta say, the camera isn't as terrible as tech reviewers imply.

They definitely ham up the worst possible angle to have a bitching point about an awesome laptop. I just took pic-related to demonstrate. Only thing changing between the two pictures is the laptop, my pose/posture is identical. Sure, the right is still a *bit* worse than a normally placed webcam, but is it that bad?

This machine is a dream, the only legitimate complaint is the throttling: it isn't terrible but I'll just say that if you benchmark it against a gaming laptop with identical specs, it's going to come out a bit behind.

I thought 4K was a meme, wanted the 1080p panel for battery life but got a 4K model because of a deal. Battery life is still solid and the screen is very /comfy/ although Windows 10 (and especially XMing in Lxss) scaling is meh.

Attached: webcamPlacement.png (1500x511, 1.09M)

Dell makes the best pre-builts
HP makes the worst

Latitude or Precision are the only proper choices.

how the fuck are you supposed to stream yourself jacking off with that shit? lame

What brand of laptops besides Dell that is "Linux" friendly?

the dell precision laptops are amazing. build quality is second to none, lots of configuration options, and stellar keyboards. i have one of the 7000 series with an nvidia gpu and an i5, dual booting win7 and ubuntu. win7 (or 8, or 10, if you choose to go that route) run stellar on it, and linux compatibility is high. went back to the linux and windows combo with this after almost 10 years as an apple fanboy, and i don't regret it at all. buy via dell's small business option if you can.

How’s the Dell Inspiron?

dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-14-7000/spd/inspiron-14-7472-laptop/dncwa264s/configurations
>16gb DDR4 RAM
>intel i7 8th gen
>less than $1100

Only thing I am confused about is the hard drive. Are there two hard drives or is it a hybrid??

Attached: 44123D7A-0A83-41F3-BE64-8D61ADD38500.jpg (489x340, 23K)

Can confirm XPS 15 is fucking nice. I don't even use the webcam so its not an issue for me.

If you're going to use windows use the media creation tool to do a proper clean install that removes all the bloat laptops come with. You don't have to do the USB option. It will just download and install Windows with this tool. And choose the delete everything option.

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

what year MBP?

How come you dont trust lenovo thinkpads?

You can configure to SSD only I think
I jus want something that will open and close and do interweb things in a interweb way all that two in one jargon is bull

>chad jawline
Respectable

why don't you see if he'll let you suck his dick?

latitudes are comfy, I had an i7 e6410 the l i t keyboard made it look like a more expensive than it really was

My xps had some really absurd throttling. Luckily warranty covered it and I was eventually able to get the whole laptop replaced after 2 motherboard replacements did nothing. The refurbished xps I got plays games just fine.

The only other complaint is that the realtek audio driver is a pos that makes external speakers unusable. There's a popping/crackling sound whenever audio starts or stops including when seeking on youtube. On the older xps firmware you could fix it by disabling the driver but for the newer versions the only solution is to play empty audio in the background 24/7.

XPS has shit reliability and Precisions are just clones. If you really want a good laptop get a HP Zbook workstation. But they don't have great battery life. But HP pro support is great and was always local last I checked (no pajeets)

Swap in the screen from an alienware m14x r2

Still 1600x900 but has massively better colors, contrast, and viewing angles

if you buy just the panel from ebay you'll probably get a different panel, but buying the entire lid from the m14x r2 is usually a good bet

>But HP pro support is great
Im sure it isnt

>I only trust machines with proprietary chargers
Have fun with that

Most thinkpads arent 2-1 btw. I would suggest an x1 carbon at least 5th gen if you want a durable light laptop, or if you dont care about weight at all and you need power you could always use a p51 with quad core cpus and dedicated gpus

>67733847
This is all assuming you have a lot of money (at least $1.5k american) to spend. XPS have been known for not great longevity and inspirons are pretty bad quality wise. If your working with limited budget it might be worth looking at local laptops on letgo/craigslist. If you really JUST do internet things get a decent chromebook.

got an inspiron 5587, came with ubuntu, installed w10pro in it

it's built like a tank,

screen isn't good, but if you want to game or do productive shit, then it's more than ok, if you wanna do "content creation" or whatever the fuck you millenials call it, then either replace the screen or get something with a better screen

i7 8750h+16gb ram+1050ti

as much as it pains me to say it, that processor blows my desktop xeon out of the water

>came with ubuntu, installed w10pro in it
disgusting

i use it for productive shit

let me know when you can get ms office in linux

and don't suggest libreoffice :^)

BUY
THINKPAD

dells haven't got the good keyboards though
and i own three of them.
Dell e4300
Dell e6400 (with core 2 duo extreme in it)
Dell D610

its funny how both of these pcs have the exact default CPU could only update the e6400 despite it using older ram type (fussy as fuck with the type of ram too).
But a dream to work on out side of that.
Gets real hot though because dual quardro 300MB vram

DEll e4300 while being smaller and better vram is a real cunt to work on (need full disassembly and motherboard upside down with 5 daughter boards and soldered CPU.
its Lcd has a fussy connector that constantly disconnects during assembly
battery is cheap though and lasts ages so there is that.

The dell 610
monitor is fucking shit and ram options are trash
this is so bad it make my NX6125 look heavenly
it can't reach the 2GB limit because its intel pentuim M can't use it (let alone 1GB ram)
dispite this it runs windows 2000 and has the best sound card i've seen yet

my turion mL37 NX6125 2.0GHz shits on this junk though and its 2 years older
totally laughable performance on the D610
the only good thing, on this thing is graphic chip is okay for what its worth
eerything else is total junk.
also the led screen on the D610 is super fraglie

I I like HP better better trackpad and keyboard and the cpu and fan are easy to get to and work on with out having to unplug thing and better screen on every model i've work on

Dell is for poor fag, tech illerate retards so damn shit to work on shit on.

>looking at Dells because they're the only PC I trust
>I like the Inspiron
>In other words, you trust consumer-grade trash

>what should I do
Drink a gallon of Botox

>they're the only PC I trust
yikes