Transhumanism

When the technology becomes available, who is planning to become a cyborg? I know I am.

Attached: 371405.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Die cishuman.

why would you want to literally become part of a botnet

I'll take mechanical implants.

1. nothing interesting will be available in your lifetime
2. none of it will be affordable for the masses
3. all of it will come with backdoors and kill switches

tl;dr, you'll only become cybercattle, if that

Prosthetic limbs already exist, they'll just never work better than human ones
And if they did, it'll be in a thousand years from now and you won't afford it

You fail to understand... I will make my own body parts, designed by me, and fabricated in my own semiconductor lab, and they will not be Internet-enabled.

>implying I wouldn't use only free and open source implants

No, it still won't get you laid.

Sure thing, I bet you also work at Sarif Industries.

OP will head up the cereal box materials research division, harnessing the raw power of cardboard augmentation.

>tfw non free javascript on my unlocked gExocortex 6.9. powered by android 42
>actually admitting to being born organically in the year of 206X
i bet you saved your original dick too virgin omega faggot

I could go for a set of replacement lungs and a new heart.

>and a new heart

Attached: 1383011334380.jpg (673x625, 21K)

fpbp

implying the COC for your open source software wont be remote disabled due to violations.

to be a "cyborg" the farthest I'd go is having a display port and control output coming out of my head, no embedded computers

I pray for the day I can become a level 5 or 6 off planetary unit. Full fucking synthetic, just let me keep my mind/soul and a neural link to on board accessible AI. I will require super human strength and be very difficult to destroy.

Something like Roy or Leon but with no expiration.

steampunk is a great setting for this

Sure I just don't like the steampunk aesthetic.
I'd be okay with replacing some appendages and my eye(s). Just as long as functionality is clearly superior to organics.

Im far more interested in gene-editing.

I'm already a cyborg. Google freestyle libre. It's not that glamorous...

I will become a cyborg ninja

Attached: 1479878610870.jpg (382x292, 39K)

I will probably need a new liver sooner or later

Attached: 131422402847.gif (204x153, 203K)

I wish to be the little girl. The rest is optional. Immortality, internal data storage, heads up display, vision across light regimes, fireproofing, etc., are all nice too.

Attached: 1CWUwgt.jpg (1920x1293, 115K)

I want cybernetic testicles that produce 10 liters of semen every day [spoiler]while also being a little girl[/spoiler]

We would make great friends.

Attached: PathWithTheMostTraps.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

That's heretic onii-chan

Attached: 1537227700285.jpg (419x419, 152K)

Who wouldn't? I find the people who would reject cybernetics in the event they become as good as science fiction has portrayed them to be highly irrational.

Seems like there would be little in the way of downside if it worked out like that.

I already want to kill myself. So having the ability to extend my already shit life would be torture. Miss me with anything to do with being alive longer then I have to

How would you upgrade/customize your body Jow Forums?
what type of alterations would you make?

Attached: Upgrade-Movie-Trailer-2018-Blumhouse-Tilt-1864x978.jpg (1864x978, 159K)

Bullet-proof skin, the ability to fly, and the ability to shoot laser beams from my eyes.

Won't be something I can afford with the cost of healthcare in the US.

I'm more interested in genetic engineering.

Attached: flabjack.png (1600x1511, 1.47M)

how would you even use that in your daily life

Attached: 1536339315105.png (640x640, 14K)

I want to be a bank robber.

I'd like to fix my knees, that would be nice.

yea... that will be a polular one.

Attached: 1443077438003.jpg (460x527, 32K)

>When the technology becomes available
>We are already struggling with current technology being used to exploit the general population for personal gain and control
What makes you think the future would be anything except 100 times worse

this. we already have a huge problem with organ harvesting. when cyborgs get legalised you'll see people selling their bodies to pay debts from banking cabals.

This will only effect dumb fucks. If you get into debt you deserve it desu

How much of a dumb nigger do you have to be to connect yourself to the botnet

That's why I never went to uni. I'd rather be broke than thousands of dollars in debt.

If it isn't blatant botnet, then I'd probably just get a mechanical arm I can put stuff in

This. But I'm a huge advocate for transhumanism, because it could very well be the solution to the botnet problem.
First it gets popular, then it gets hacked, lots of people get fucked up, everyone gets super paranoid, and bye-bye proprietary software/hardware.
Of course this is some /---/ tier wishful thinking.

Just a better brain. after that I'll probably be able to do the other stuff by my self.

>you will still have non free BIOS
:^)

>Trusting the government and big businesses with shit like that when we can barely get them to fuck off with the NRA.

>Get brain surgery
>Government flips a switch and gets you to kill a diplomat or some shit
>Pretend they know absolutely nothing
>You go to jail for the rest of your life

Super strength + augmented intelligence

Social Enhancer from Deus Ex
time to be top liar and getting laid every night

I'd just like new arms. Carpal tunnel is a bitch.

cheers buddy.

install fucking gentoo

nano-sneezing was overkill

>Implying my implants won't be librebooted and programmed in HolyC.

>Become cyborg
>Gets so many powerful weapons built-in as well as enhanced physical capabilities
>Proceeds to wipe out humanity

How about the Eudeamon approach?

Well since Transhumanism is out of reach for us, we should all become Trannyhumans instead.

New guts because these ones dont work, and then superior hearing and the ability to play music with them, and a vision-based display so I can justify fucking around with tech 24/7 while doing other things.

How about a Ghost in the Shell -style "cyberbrain"?
Being able to function in any kind of body---or outside one---with customizable software processing for all input/output (or even some brain functions) would pretty much let your mind do and experience anything.
If I install the GNU firmware and the wireless doesn't work it should be quite safe against brain hacking, too.

How are things on the magnet implant front? I was about to implant an m31 a few years ago but they never continued production and there were none for sale. Did anything new came out since then?

Dude what? Amputee runners can already beat able bodied runners if they have the right prosthetics.

> not installing gentoo

>having to compile the combat software after downloading it in the middle of a fight

We will reverse ageing in our lifetime, so...

>nor being able to modify make.conf for "kung-fu" use flag so that it is pulled in and compiled for every package that supports it

T h e a g e o f c a r b o n b a s e d l i f e w i l l b e o v e r s o o n m e a t b a g s .

It will be forced eventually - we all will work until we're killed instead of dying of old age.

It will be cheaper to build a cyborg body and put a human brain inside than it will be to hire new employees, because cyborgs have no rights and can work 24/7 for free after being purchased.