RIP

RIP

Attached: image_search_1537601012582.png (4524x1483, 84K)

What happened?

What is this?

It's still on my phone but I use Spotify free occasionally.

oh shit, it's over...
guess i'll have to use pandora or spotify.

It will remain forever disabled in settings within our heart

Second only to uninstalling that botnet shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20180922-110540_1.jpg (1080x402, 40K)

And that's a good thing!

>
Also, the substitute, Youtube Music, is shit

>youtube music
>literally paying jewgle to play videos in the background

Ohnonono HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Screenshot 2018-09-22 at 12.11.12.png (688x327, 40K)

The industry is shifting from music to video since that beats dude Iovine jumped ship from Apple. Presumably for VR memes

I tried downloading youtube music but I think I missed the point? Can someone confirm that it is literally just normal youtube unless you pay up? What's the point of calling it youtube Music?

Attached: 1520726725497.png (1024x946, 179K)

They gimped the YouTube mobile app so that it stops playing if your screen turns off or you switch to another application. Install YouTube Vanced or NewPipe.

when will you faggots learn to never rely on google services.

>256 kbps
>High quality

It's made so that you can listen to it on mobile net too without lag.

Idgaf tbqh I'll stay with Spotify free.

I don't like youtube music, it's terrible. Google play music is fine why are they going full retard? ;w;

Then why isn't it using opus? Stop spreading FUD, it's made so that it can be decompressed/decoded in hardware on every device.

this was the only good google service
I'm a super autist so I have my entire 1300+ album library entirely in FLAC and google play music let me upload that entire fucking thing so I can listen to them on the go.
If that's gone I guess ill just use spotify if I want to listen to music outside of my home. There's zero way I can fit all of shit onto my phone, even with an SD card.
But yeah fuck google

Attached: 1369269174607.jpg (147x235, 11K)

Rumor is that by next year they will merge YT music and Play Music, so all the stuff you uploaded will be there. I just hope that you'll at least be able to listen to your own music without keeping the screen on...

for a price....

New Youtube Music features are being added at a glacial pace. This time next year they maybe have added the posdibility to order songs alphabetically

This serves as a reminder to NEVER INTEGRATE YOURSELF WITH GOOGLE SERVICES, they always get shitcanned and replaced with something else at a ridiculously fast rate.

Attached: 1536658685656.jpg (1024x1004, 211K)

I use Play Music to play the songs on my local storage, can JewTube Music do the same?

What are some good other apps?

I just use the app and pay for youtube premium which allows me to listen while the device is in sleep

the youtube app I mean, from what I can tell the youtube music app is just a piece of shit version of youtube which only shows vevo shit or something like that

Wat

No, it fucking can't... Some other good music players are Phonograph (or the free fork on fdroid called Music), Poweramp, Blackplayer, Shuttle, ecc. Basically most music players are as good or better than play music if you only want to listen to music on your phone.

Looks like I need a new music app and a new podcast app.
Whats good these days?

Attached: 2018-09-22 11_36_55-YouTube Music is Replacing Google Play Music_ Here's What We Know _ Digital (612x93, 7K)

>tfw subhuman goy is complaining about the based Jewish master race

People who pay for these shitty music streaming services deserve to get fucked for it.

Tidal for lossless music
Google play podcasts for podcasts

128 kbps AAC is already transparent

>The one damn thing I actually did use
Thank You, Tech Lords Of Last Week is Now Obsolescent. NEVER TRUST A CLOUD SERVICE, ANY OF THEM. NEVER.

and nothing has happened you fucking retards

Attached: .png (244x78, 5K)

As long as they keep all the features of GPM, I don't really mind the switch. GPM is in dire need of a redesign.

Give me the option to disable music videos, though. Fuck off with that shit.

So, what's the alternative?

Use your own server to host local files.

wait does this mean the play music app on my phone is going to die and i'm going to have to stop being lazy and find a replacement?

>the golden era of last.fm will never return

Attached: 1265346105065.gif (470x480, 50K)

>tfw always heard about it but never bothered looking into it till recently

its a sad shell of what it used to be.

I still have a GPM sub because I have it at the cheaper price from back when it came with youtube red, only keeping it for the upload feature and because it gives you YT premium now too.

Switched to Tidal for actual streaming, just the 320kb but might do some AB testing with their master tracks later to decide if I want to go for that sub.

no, it isn't.

Pandora still going strong with its complete disregard to music rights (King Crimson discog)

no linkie
nice twy trollie

If you want to stream your own rips, just set up a subsonic server

Yes it is.