IPhone XS beats iMac Pro in Javascript benchmark

The iPhone XS is faster than an iMac Pro on the Speedometer 2.0 JavaScript benchmark.

It's obvious Apple has no competition in mobile hardware, having been at least 12-months ahead of the competition since the iPhone 4S in 2011.

The question is, why do we still use old, bloated, inefficient, expensive, power-hungry x86 anymore?
When will Intel and AMD be thrown in the trashbin of history?

Attached: iPhone XS Javascript.jpg (1084x804, 139K)

How sad isn't it that a device that's just supposed to make phone calls and send SMS's is more powerful than a Xeon?

Phones are supposed to help you connect with people.

Making a phone call or sending an SMS are not more important than chatting on WhatsApp or posting on Facebook or browsing your friend's Instagram photos or posting with you friends on Jow Forums.

Or even playing Fortnite with your friends and other people.

>The question is, why do we still use old, bloated, inefficient, expensive, power-hungry x86 anymore?

With 32-bit and OpenGL being deprecated, it’s pretty obvious Apple is clearing the Mac ecosystem of legacy software as a first step in the coming ARM transition.

Hey if you're gonna post scat because Apple makes you angry, you should at least sage

>iPhone XS: 125
>Samsung 8: 29
>proceeds to scat spam

Never change Jow Forums

I remember when the rumors of the retina 2880x1800 MBP leaked and Jow Forums said it would be shit and no one needs a high resolution

Attached: 1332609568522.jpg (275x183, 9K)

S E E T H I N G

MODS

>Speedometer 2.0

whats even the point of it

Soup Jow Forums, I'm an unironic paid Apple shill.
You might recognize our agency's threads like:
>y dont u own a mac r u poor? lol
>post your apple products
>where my (apple product) bros at?
>WHO HYPE FOR (apple product/event)?
>why does (celebrity or notable people) use (apple product) i'm confused, pls shill for me!
>lol green bubbles
>"Perfection" (apple product photo)
>macbooks are overpriced, ok show me a laptop that... pasta
>geekbench circlejerking threads
>look! this pro-apple blog says good things about (apple product)! please click it!
>it just werks (apple product photo)
>i used to use non-apple products but then i tired apple products and never looked back!
>rotate threads and topics regularly to avoid being caught by mods as "flooding"

We focus primarily on tech blogs and the like with hacked Disqus accounts that we can buy for like 1000/$50 on the dark web to get a real post history and identity. Me, I got Jow Forums with a few other guys.

>pretend to need to (X), recommend Apple products to ourselves
>enter non-Apple thread and convince people to consider Apple
>get shekels

>make thread but it devolves into Apple getting shit on
>no shekels

When we can't get any good shilling going, we'll just crap on the competition, THEN try to slip in a suggestion to try Apple products.
>OMG i own this HP/MS/Samsung/LG product and it SUCKS
>coshill comes in the thread, plugs (Apple product)
>lololol loonix has no gaymes, windows master race!
>lololol wangblows sux, linux master race!
>step in after 100 posts and make up story about how great (Apple product) is

Mostly a side job and I make $100 every month or so for no effort, but I'm quitting because they bullshitted me once on a check, plus I'm graduating so now I'm outing them.
is my old coworker

Attached: 1531194795659.png (1024x1024, 508K)

Buttblasted beyond anything I've ever seen on Jow Forums

Attached: 1294436354922.png (468x494, 31K)

Hello does this get me shekels

Attached: 96168.png (650x400, 31K)

>iMac Pro

So?
Compare it to a real computer, not a throttling pile of shit.

Apple is a fucking joke and the only thing they know how to do is cheat at artificial benchmarks.

Attached: 1527365660493.webm (640x360, 2.18M)

Enjoy your laggy UI because Google -STILL- hasn't fully enabled GPU acceleration to maintain 60fps at all times.

They think it will cripple low end phones with memory overhead because Android is so poorly coded.

>SEETHING iPoojeet has to make up lies while holding back his tears at the proof right before his eyes
COPE

Attached: 1516364668076.jpg (1200x1200, 352K)

shills shilling shills

web apps are the future of shilling moar eyecandy

>you need Xeon levels of power to run an IM or open a webpage

Attached: z.png (469x444, 115K)

You need it to do this.

Attached: 6910D251-97D7-49D6-BF43-7934BE04C229.jpg (354x703, 175K)

All performance is bottlenecked by cooling.

Give a Xeon the same cooling capacity as a mobile phone and it will perform like a mobile phone.

Give a Xeon enough cooling headroom to saturate those JavaScript benches and the iPhone XS would quickly be bottlenecked at the flagship price point at the prosumer level par to none without any freemium bloat nearing next iteration price per watt ratios.

>Javascript

Attached: 1537388891571.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>and Jow Forums said it would be shit and no one needs a high resolution
And they were largely correct. 4k laptops are a meme.

The Xeon is a full instruction set CPU, the iPhone use a reduced instruction set CPU. Javascript does not compile down to machine code so it doesen't reflect the hardware capabilities of the Xeon, it doesen't scale over many cores, and it doesen't utilize AVX and etc instruction set capabilities of the Xeon. If you benchmark real workloads the Xeon will trash the phone, that is if you could run them on the phone at all which you can't because it's RISC.

No, high res laptops are great because text is rendered much better on them.
When you have a small screen you want text to be extra crisp to make it easier to read.