Finally Upgrading Jow Forums the old i7 920 has done its work

Finally Upgrading Jow Forums the old i7 920 has done its work

Attached: IMG_20180922_115552.jpg (4160x3120, 1.8M)

>i5
lol why you downgrade from i7 to i5?

>i7 920 to i5-8400
>downgrade

Please leave immediately.

i7 > i5

Do you know how numbers work?

What does i7 mean if it's not better then?

This, OP is a poorfag and a tech illiterate 7 > 5.
He can't even grasp common core concepts.

Why the fan?
An 8400 is fine on stock cooling.
>RGB motherboard
Oh, that's why

Stock fans are loud as fuck.
Same thing as hdd spins, drives me nuts.

i7 is faster than i5 dummy

Ok, fair enough.
Might boost for longer too

should of got an i7 because you know another cpu launch is not too far off.

that's nice cant wait to read more in your upcoming memoirs

Should have brought Ryzen instead.

Can you count? i7 920 has only 4 numbers and the i5-8400 has 5. Now get your retarded ass out of here you shitfaggot

7 is faster than 5 dumdum

What did Gigabyte mean by this

Attached: IMG_20180922_122256.jpg (3120x4160, 1.43M)

>bought an Intel i5 instead of a Ryzen processor
ahahahaha

How much did u spent OP? I have 920 aswell but its doing fine, clocked a bit and happy with it

enjoy your poverty build

>2.8ghz base clock 6 core cpu

what the fuck
why not save 10 bucks and get a ryzen 5 2600

Please tell me you also have an SSD

>common core concepts

Attached: 1530231740925.jpg (480x480, 29K)

I like the contrast of the organic curvatures juxtaposed on the tile with the sure wealth of an easier solution half mooned with the mysterious grey around the corner

>bro just grab your leave credits in erp

i giggle a bit when my wagecuck friends dont know that erp really means

Attached: erp-slide1.png (498x374, 39K)

Congratulations on a nice upgrade, OP. Also like that you managed to find a Gigabyte ULTRA Durable board, I've got a AM3 one which still works fine with the Athlon II x3 CPU in it. It's nice... except... WHAT'S THAT ON THE LOWER RIGHT on the box? Does it say.. RGB? NO GIGABYTE WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!!! What happened to you, you used to make good ultra durable products and now its low quality garbage with RGB on it. I hope that board isn't totally crap and actually durable.

>is fine on stock cooling.
you got to be kidding me, stock coolers are loud and perform very poorly compared to most if not all after market coolers. OP made a wise decision getting an acceptable cooler. To me noise is the more important concern, though. If you slam a big-ass 140 TDP cooler on a 65W CPU then you'll avoid fans spinning loudly

Attached: when-gigabyte-used-to-be-cool-Ultra-Durable.jpg (1738x2078, 1.86M)

you took the b8 m8

It means they are in compliance with the fascist unions Energy-related products directive (2009/125/EC). All motherboards - and most other things - comply these days. It's nothing special. There's a twist on computers, though, most motherboards can disable the ErP compliance in BIOS (things like wake-up from USB are typically disabled when ErP compliance is on).

Basically.. if it's electronics and it's sold in the EU legally then it's ErP compliant (it has to be).

interesting statement from someone who has no idea what it means in this context

How can you fuck up so bad?

Why would you go for a midclass i5 when you could get a high end Ryzen with a better board for the same money?

You could have got an x5690 with 6/12 for like 65€ or so, and you wouldn't need to spend extra on motherboard and CPU.

>locked
>threadlet
2600 is better in every way

>why not save 10 bucks and get a ryzen 5 2600
He probably wanted to be able to use his cu with currently available software.

someone buying an i5 will have only one type of software in mind, it sucks even there because 2600 can be overclocked to 4ghz

ERP stands for epic role playing, as in epic role playing games. Game on, dude, us gamers run this shit.

>overclocking
God you're gay.

Why is everyone saying it's a downgrade? The 8400 has more cores than the 920 and runs significantly faster according to every benchmark I've seen.

I just bought a 2600X on sale for €160!

stupid and or trolling

Op has a nice upgrade. Should of bought a ssd though

I do have an SSD already i just needed some extra storage

the point is that intel is so shit, that theres barely any improvement between different product releases so therefore an i7 is still better than an i5

x86 has barely improved. It needs to be deprecated asap.

well there is RISC-V, but one of the best processors with that architechture can only play quake 2 and not much more.

Is that a movie or something?

quake 2? its a game you zoomer.

Aren't zoomers the ones who use computers as toys?

They're either baiting or ignorant of how old the 920 is.

>game

Attached: soi.png (644x800, 13K)

Who here still 2500k master race? I'm aiming for 10 years up time on this ridiculous processor. Still don't feel a need to upgrade.

Core 2 Duos are still perfectly usable.

>intel stock cooler are loud
I understand there not dead silent but of all the ones I've had used and have laying around they're acceptable. They spin up quite loudly on PC start up but when its actually running its always ends up being some other case fan that louder never noticing the stock cooler

>unironically uses AMD
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: laugh.jpg (500x421, 40K)

I'm still rocking a 2500... before that it was a very long run on an e6600 that I feel is still viable today.

I'm still rocking an i5 750 @ 3.5GHz. It has never felt too slow until I tried to play DXMD with it which pegs all cores at around 100%. Next upgrade will be Ryzen because Intel is broken by design. Has way too many security holes being discovered lately

Attached: DXMD_2018_09_16_23_23_06_312.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

what game is that

>DXMD
Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Gaming is epic.

This but unironically

Yeah I had bottlenecks in 2011 I moved to a 3770k and won the silicon lottery at 5.1ghz

Why not a Ryzen?

Because he isn't a memer.

I use an i7 6700K :^)

Where is the SSD?

you can install SAP on it

Fuck off consumerist whore.

2 questions
Why did you buy a aftermarket cooler for a CPU with stock cooler that is sufficient for it?
Why did you buy a HDD in 2018 and no SSD

Nooooo. Wait at the very least 1 more year!! Don't buy right now when the focus is shifting! Wait to see what 2020 software will be requiring.
Otherwise we end up in another 97-2001 fiasco.
I'll be waiting 4 years before changing from my trustworthy i7-4900k and gtx 980 ti which I got for a bargain price.

weird id did the same thing about 4 months ago, i7920 might still be working but the board is dead. differences are i got a Z370P as it was the same price as 360 and used the stock cooler. ram is 2666 8GB cust me under £500 and kept my 980ti and ssd, but
i then bought a 4TB WD last month
this is spooky

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

i hope this is pasta, and not the same autist ranting about ud mobos
t. ULDRA DURABLE owner

>he spent 7 years on pre-sandybridge CPU
>now he upgrades to the latest sandy bridge iteration literally in it's last year of life
>when zen2 is coming in half a year
You are doing it wrong senpai

>corelet decides its time to upgrade
>still a corelet

>AMD retards seething that OP didn't buy into the AMD MOAR CORES meme

>Why did you buy a aftermarket cooler for a CPU with stock cooler that is sufficient for it?

Not him but I would always buy a good aftermarket cooler for the sole reason of stock coolers being jet engines. Silence is worth the extra price tag.

R5 2600 with Mobo and 3000 clocked ram is cheaper than i5 with Mobo and 2333 ram. And the r5 overclocks. Coming from a guy with a g4560

>when you go from from 8 threads to 6
Nice downgrade mongoloid

>common core

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

OP is a normies anyway.

Don't tell this to the Intlels in /pcbg/, otherwise they'll have nothing to grasp to.

buddy...

8400 build is actually cheaper and is better for gaming than a 2600x

the 2600x only beats a 8400 in gaming when it's paired with 3600+mhz ram

8400 is shit and something like 1070 easily 100% it in almost every new game. Thenks.

should have went with r5 2600.

You're delusional. Every single benchmark that I've googled has the 8400 beating the 2600x, all while being overall cheaper to build for. The 8400 doesn't require 4000mhz OC'd ram to be competitive. You can buy a $50 b360 mobo and 8gb of 2400 and trade blows with a 2700x.

>stock cooler that is sufficient
>intel cpu
what is this meme
intel's stock coolers are the shittiest things to ever exist

why would you want to wake from usb?

Nice choice. The 8400 is based, ignore the redditors who disagree

8400 wont throttle on the stock cooler, but it sounds like shit and is much hotter than it needs ro be

keeps the 8400 at under 65C under max load, it comes with the CPU for free

what's to hate?

this poor people setup disgusts me

>If you slam a big-ass 140 TDP cooler on a 65W CPU then you'll avoid fans spinning loudly
this. my noctua with its 140mm fan is pretty much overkill for my 8700k but I don't care as I don't hear it. same for my oversized PSU that never spins its fan because it's comfy at 30-40% max all the time

>i5
AHAHAHAH

>4 cores is ok
>Intel asking me to stop overclocking my cpu to avoid housefires is ok
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF INTEL AVIV

Noise.

>interesting statement from someone who has no idea what it means in this context

Damn this is some savage shit, thank you for an actual explanation

>BRRRRRRRR~~
>*screams* YOU SEE? keeps the 8400 at under 65C!!

>You're delusional
says the delusional one

Attached: 1487465412040.png (800x612, 234K)

your Ryzen 2600x needs to be overclocked and be paired with 4000mhz ram before it's competitive against a $180 i5 8400

cant hear you over spectre and meltdown and spectre II and meltghost and vibewave and hersheyghoul security flaws

enjoy your shitty build amdshill poorfag

>22+ unfixed vulnerabilities on Windows 10
Enjoy your Swiss cheese.

>no ssd
top kek enjoy your crippled machine