Fluent in 6 different languages, sys admin, networking and databases

>fluent in 6 different languages, sys admin, networking and databases
>boomer boss uses Excel 2016 and types with one finger, and probably earns 5 times more than me

Fuck this shit. Why do so many programmers like me put up with this shit? I wish I could reveal my power level but I know I’ll lose my job if I did.

Attached: 4722B3AF-B81B-4E93-BB2D-A9AA2FE1E91A.jpg (629x505, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcg6wekmCRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because you have no soft skills. You're just a talented code monkey. People in management or leadership roles need a different skill set than someone in your position.

>spend years dedicating your time and money mastering a skill(s)
>get beaten by chad who was just born with good genes that made socializing easier for him

>good genes that made socializing easier for him
I'm introverted too user (i'm assuming you are) and I work a job solely on soft skills. It's something you can learn, just like programming.

Something I learned is that unless you're a genius-level talent who can get by solely on their expertise, the main drivers that determine your success financially are your soft skills and networking ability. It really is more who you know than what you know, I've found. It's lamentable, but just the way it's been for generations. And with the rise of AI and automation, that trend is only going to rise and soft skills are going to become more and more valued

>And with the rise of AI and automation, that trend is only going to rise
I’d say the opposite will be the case.

>probably earns 5 times more than me
I hate to tell you, but whatever your boss is doing is valued 5x what you are doing at your company.

As a decade-long worker bee, I know how it goes. I rank pretty highly on two key traits of neuroticism and agreeableness. Guys like that don't get ahead at work and don't get the girls at home.

Unless you can magically change who you are – and seriously, who can do that? – accept your fate in life and live the best life you can.

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 12.32.42 .png (2273x1279, 386K)

I work at an IT research company, and we study trends like AI and automation and the impact they're going to have on the industry in the next 3-5 years. They're absolutely going to impact those workers who haven't invested in soft skills.

Your soft skills will not be needed anymore dumb shit. The machine will use it's HARD skills to calculate the best solution and an asswipe like you wasting people's time with shittalk can finally go sit in trash where you belong. Talk never accomplished jack shit.

>Talk never accomplished jack shit
ok buddy, have fun hunched over your computer while your chad bosses' boss networks over some golf

The difference between you and management is that management is willing to fuck you over. If you're a decent human being, you don't make good management material.

Since management pays the bills, they are the ones who dictate who gets paid what - so of course they will value themselves as more "worth" than you even though you are probably smarter, work harder and in a fair world would make more than them.

Why would anyone need a boss to network when AIs can do it themself, provided the hard skill of programmers allows it to do so?

that level of tech is at least 20 years away, at the very minimum. Until AI can think at a strategic, visionary level, they'll always be relegated to simple tasks that anyone could do

YouTube can't even recommend a video for me. I think that "AI Will Rule The World" is come around the same time as "The Year of the Linux Desktop".

Good engineers often make bad managers and vice versa. I don’t envy my boss or managers at all. Some of them have to deal with a lot of bullshit.

I find most managers are only skilled in bullshit. They actually believe that bullshit is important, and they stick with what they know.

In twenty years of work, I have only ever had two front-line people managers that were worth a damn AKA cared about the employees under them and did a legit job of trying to make their work lives productive and enjoyable.

Anyone else start out on a business degree track? My god they don’t learn anything, they make posters with markers and shot like children. It really was just a place for extroverts to master their backslapping skills. Had to switch majors for the sake of my soul. These people thought the two accounting classes were brutal...

You need networking OP,
I'm pretty sure you will find a good job offer that goes according to your skills.

Yee

Honestly these business guys don't really care too much about tech like us engineers, at best all they want is to make something great, but mostly just to make cash.
Computers/programming/IT really isnt much more than just a framework of solutions to problems. Theres nothing personal about it, it's just different people with different priorities and ideas of the world.

>reveal my power level
You hide it? Faggmuffin

>how to talk to robots

>CHAD REEEEEEEEEE

This. Allday

Work on your own shit and fuck everything else

If you are really as valuable as you say you are ask for a raise. If your boomer boss says no threaten him that you will quit. You may lose your job but at least you will know if you are valuable.

>boomer boss thinks it's genuinely impressive I know how to touch-type
>all boomer colleagues come down to my office (yes, they actually gave me my own office) to congratulate me and tell me how appreciative they are of my service
>mfw I do pretty much nothing all day but shitpost on Jow Forums and tell people to reboot their computers for 90k a year
I'm just a basic uncertified sysadmin that makes the techies do all the actual work. Most days I watch some anime, a movie perhaps, then go home. Life is amazing.

How are you a sysadmin with no certs?

Pretty much just lies. I found a company of IT-illiterates and pretend I know shit. Now I'm 28 and have secured a spot in a company that will literally never fire me because my boomer-peers all thin I'm some sort of computer-god.

You know they're going to catch on eventually, and when they do you're going out on your ass. Good luck getting a job in your 40s with literally nothing faggot.

That's not how the world works kid.
Fake it till you make it, and this guys already made it.

In a world constantly optimizing, everyone of no value gets squeezed out.

Oh and quit samefagging, you're not fooling anyone mongoloid.

That's the way the world works user. Just because you're good at something doesn't mean you deserve more. Learn to live with it cupcake

>fluent in 6 different languages
1. Burger language
2. Google language
3. Apple language
4. McDonalds language
5. FoxNews language
6. Reddit language

you dont need a CS degree or the shitty A+ cert to be a sysadmin.

A+ cert if for people that just got out of college and still dont know shit

He's not wrong you simpleton. If you've got a winning personality and you interview well competence takes a very distant back-seat.

Because he can do this great thing called "generate profit". Your languages are useless unless you can directly generate money for the company

Attached: 1522301311620.jpg (500x483, 28K)

>As a decade-long worker bee, I know how it goes. I rank pretty highly on two key traits of neuroticism and agreeableness.
kek did you pay for Jordan Peterson's qyiz?

don't forget experience. now hes also got experience of being a sysadmin under his belt. including managing a team of techies and having everything "just werk"

>experience
>charisma
>interviews well
This. Not him, but charisma is a fucking finite resource in IT, and anyone who displays it is infinitely more valuable than someone who knows a few commands without having to google it.

People like him wouldn't get jobs if you all weren't such fucking aspies.

>Basically a NEET in school
>Poor social skills, never do shit but get good grades
>Apply for a job, the entire gazillion rounds and whiteboard shit listed
>Fuck it I'll come and do an interview
>They love me, get hired on the spot skipping the other meetings and tests
>The people are nice, the work is fine, the pay is amazing, got an expensive company car too
>Permanent contract (yurop thing) within a year and a huge pay raise
>I just wanted to be a fucking NEET

It wasn't supposed to be like this, they fucking got me.

Attached: meow.jpg (900x554, 141K)

So quit. Follow your dreams and be a fucking NEET degenerate. Shit's great. I've been living of the government for 5 years now and I'm enjoying the shit out of myself. Movies, shows, anime, games, books from the library. It's just all entertainment all day every day.

Prepare to get some weird looks from friends and family but if they knew the pleasures of spending your entire life indulging, they'd be envious.

But I'll be buying a comfy house soon and the work is actually good. I'm just conflicted.

Attached: 1514739616948.png (402x344, 54K)

>Why do so many programmers like me put up with this shit?
because you're a retard. learn to play the game and don't lament the fact that the universe doesn't care about fairness or decor

You be you user. I'm just saying that if you free yourself from social expectation, the neet-bucks are more than enough to spend a life in personal indulgence and bliss.

A few of my new NEET-friends come over once a week and we smoke weed and play board games. You'd be surprised what an involving community this is.

And sure, I might not live in a big house, but the Swedish government can't afford me living on the street so I get a pretty nice place on their dime. Enjoy life, that's all that matters.

>feelio when my country doesn't give out free money for autism

>hurrdurr I have to tell someone else to do work
opposed to
>have to actually do the work

yeah - what a fucking tragedy.

If a boss gets yelled at that their team isnt hitting deadlines - all they do is yell down the chain at the worker actually doing the job.

Because they're too much of a pussy to work for themselves.

I went from junior -> consultant in less than a year, now I'm product development at an MSP.

0 certs, got hired straight out of uni.

What about when you want to have sex with a woman?

Attached: 1535891971643.gif (500x375, 2M)

It depends on your standards. There are a ton of female NEETs too. They just don't reveal themselves as openly.

It depends on 'your' standards.

>wanting to be a NEET degenerate loser who doesn't help his country

This is what most of you losers don't get. Work is not just about making money, it is about coming together as a nation making things actually work.

People who refuse to work (like yourselves) should be treated like pedophiles because you're actively fucking everyone else over.

And who's problem is that exactly? Is it the guy living the life or the guy slaving away for some poorly defined "higher goal"?

how do you improve if there's only one step of management above you (in the state), and you make almost as much as them. (I don't know exactly how much but I think he's making somewhere around 70-75k to my 48.)

>almost as much
>75k to my 48
Are you serious?

Find a different job. "Company loyalty" is bullshit, employees are quitting their jobs and moving to different ones in lieu of promotions internally now. The average pay increase from job to job is 15%, so if you want to make more money and are stuck where you are, you can't be afraid to move on to another company

>This is what most of you losers don't get. Work is not just about making money, it is about coming together as a nation making things actually work.

I agree with this, to an extent. There are definitely fools out there who do menial jobs that only exist to take advantage of them. Everyone knows they aren't getting a fair return for them, either, which is why nobody respects Walmart or McDonald's employees; not even themselves.

>People who refuse to work (like yourselves) should be treated like pedophiles because you're actively fucking everyone else over.

This is where you cross the line and show your bias and insecurity. I would say people like Jeff Bezos who make $75 million per *day* yet pays his workers peanuts with no benefits (just recently got air conditioning in warehouses because people were fainting from heat) are causing considerably more harm than NEETs.

>coming together as a nation making things actually work
>People who refuse to work (like yourselves) should be treated like pedophiles

Attached: 10D5BDB5-285D-48A8-8E49-0F88BC77991D.jpg (1024x641, 123K)

>be dumb codemonkey
>too dumb to start your own business so you can be the boss

This. The reality is that autists seriously creep people the fuck out. We ended up hiring some guy because he was the best programmer with good fundamentals. Well I've heard more than a few non-technical staff tell, I hope jokingly but I'm not sure, that he looked like he was going to shoot up the office. He's not even a bad kid but he's kind of anti-social and obviously not "normal". The fact that people would even joke like that shows they're not super comfortable with him and perhaps hiring him wasn't the bad idea, but even as an IT company we have a lot of non-technical normies, many of whom are white women who get spooked over every little fucking thing.

I work in television without a "communications" meme degree.

Nice dubs. And it wouldn't be so bad if the vast majority of IT-people weren't so fucking awful. You can have all the coding skills in the world and know 12 languages fluently, but if you can't present them in an interview they are literally useless to us. My HR division constantly talks about "fitting into corporate culture" and this shit is so much more important than people think.

I have health issues which may force me to be a NEET in some years, so I'll play the work game for a while longer.

I WANT YOU CUNTS TO REVEAL YOUR POWER LEVELS TO EVERYONE!

DO YOU FAGS NOT GET THAT US PROGRAMMERS ARE WHO WILL END UP CODING ALL OF OUR BOSSES OUT OF A JOB?!

THIS IS LIKE THE EASIEST REVOLUTION EVER FFS, STOP BEING PUSSIES.

youtube.com/watch?v=lcg6wekmCRA

Seriously, fucking everything.

從邏輯上講激光加工拉撒路器語言

論理的にラザロリンガをレーザー加工

I call my tongue the Logic Laser In Wave Motion.

Is it just because you guys are afraid that there is a group of elite out to get you? You guys CODE THE SHIT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS TIMES OVER.

Restart, rescind, remind.

Im sorry but I cant do better
I prefer to type commands and code than to look at people at the eyes for 8 hours a day
I just wish we all get the same payment for our somehow-equal effort

Attached: v4-460px-Tell-if-Someone-Is-Lying-About-Using-Drugs-Step-12.jpg (460x345, 42K)

gadgasdgasdg

> Work is not just about making money, it is about coming together as a nation making things actually work.

Nationalist pride in my Jow Forums? It's more laughable than you think.

> Believing you owe your life to the people who own the land you were born on.
> believing things "don't work" right now, but they "will work" when we can push a WiFi button to order toilet roll from Amazon
> believing it's OK for the greediest to set the standards and we all have to capitulate to that unquestioningly
> believing the most lauded successful self-interested capitalists give any shits about "making things work", even while they're gutting infrastructure, healthcare, social welfare, safety regulations, externalising costs onto you, and generally fucking everyone over for their own benefit

> being this naive
> being americuck'd

Incorrect, social skills can be practiced and learned. Try to stand out, try complimenting or talking to people, be nice.

>CISSP
>PMP

Apply for new job.

do you people just post this shit to cope with how much you hate your life? I was a NEET for a month (not technically but i stopped going to uni or caring about it) and it was the most boring and soul crushing period of my entire life. All my friends who are neets are neets because they are disabled and they all say its fucking horrible and they hate their life. Idk man I don't believe these "comfy NEET" posts ever lmao.