youtube.com/watch?v=_zU4EE1nHgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fglt

Archlinux

Windows

trolls

Attached: okza8Y4.png (800x600, 574K)

solus

Linux Mint or Ubuntu (cinnamon versions)

not op. i tried that edition yesterday and i honestly can't get used to anything but the xfce desktop. i don't need 30 curves for a windows fade-in effect lol

Mint.

TempleOS

Any distro that installs X and a DE. Just hop around until you like something, but eventually you will end up in gentoo

Windows 10

This. After Gentoo however, the only logical final hop, is a choice. Either you stay coc'd and you continue with Mint, or you become a chad and install Windows.

SOURCE MAGE is the final hop muahahahaaa

You just posted it.

Low IQ post.

I'm going against the grain here, but the linux basics are best learned reading the manual, using the man command often, writing a few commands down, and googling whenever you can't figure out. Simplicity means you will do a lot less learning, and if learning to use linux is your goal then try something that requires more work to set up and maintain.

But if ease IS your desired goal, ubuntu and Mint are decent picks.
If you want a stepping stone I prefer Manjaro linux over both Ubuntu and Mint.
It is specifically designed to help you learn, yet it is incredibly easy to set up and allows you to download the very latest stuff without using the terminal, and it's becoming increasingly popular to use even as a normal operating system.

Attached: 1477416350982.gif (499x477, 947K)

I tried installing xubuntu yesterday, but I couldn't get it to work
just error messages
is it a problem I have AMD Ryzen?

Ubuntu has the best hardware support so I would start with that

this
it also is the most popular and you will almost guaranteed find answers to your problems by googling the question or searching in the ubuntu forums

This as well. Learn to use terminal while you are at it.

Ubuntu you dullard.

PClinuxOS. Ignore all other replies to this thread.

High IQ post.

Mint, Ubuntu, Manjaro

If you like Source Mage so much, make yourself useful and build a new, functioning ISO.
But of course you won't.

Solus os fast, easy

just use the chroot image

Anything that just werks out of the box.

Are you looking for a serious answer? Just use Ubuntu Gnome or Fedora Workstation with Gnome. These are enterprise distros with the best software support and the fastest security updates. If you don't like Gnome as a desktop you can install KDE, which feels more like Windows.

Attached: 1530998193142.png (894x894, 1.12M)

Slackware.

Fuck that shit. I don't have time to learn it.

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180920.iso

Attached: 2018-09-22-131907_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.52M)

Ubuntu and its flavours. Mint = ubuntu cinnamon flavour btw. Solus is a meme and does nothing better than ubutnu

Install gentoo

Mint

sabayon. installs can take a bit longer since you're compiling shit for your specific hardware but the plus is you get a marginally faster system. that margin depending on how "light"/old your hardware is, can be the difference between whether or not you can use it without being frustrated to death

While we're at it, may as well mention RedCore Linux.
youtube.com/watch?v=_zU4EE1nHgY

gentoo, unironically. it's not meant to be used for people who don't get it.
the kernel is the same. all distributions have equal hardware support.

debian

If you're a beginner and are willing to learn, Arch Linux. You'll learn a lot in the first few days of use.
If you're not willing to learn, just KYS.

Attached: 1507621551152.png (1920x1080, 968K)

arch is good if you're about to dive into distros that don't have a gui by default but using it as a main OS for longer than a couple months is a terrible idea.

I use Arch everywhere but my main workstation (which is still my first amd64 Gentoo, first installed more than a decade ago). Been using Linux since 1997.
>but using it as a main OS for longer than a couple months is a terrible idea.
I don't get why.

Attached: 1535591969372.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Literally anything but Arch.

ubuntu. you're an idiot for asking this question, and this thread should have been deleted.

slackware

8K monitor?

install gentoo

Ubuntu.

install gentoo

FreeBSD

Install Red Star

Archlinux. Best of all distros

Why not BlueStar?

High IQ post.

Void is better!

TempleOS uber alles

KALI LINUX

How do I know? I don't use Linux, I just like reading about how cool it is.

install gentoo