There are three main stages to programming

There are three main stages to programming.

1. When you just start out, doing 'hello world'-tier exercises. At this point you think learning the language's syntax/semantics is the hardest part about programming. People stuck at this stage think that 'everyone can code', and think a good programmer is one that can code in the most languages.

2. You focus on actual function of your programs. Now you view programming languages as tools to get the job done.

3. You realize that "real" programming is not so much about 'what' your program can do, but rather 'how well' it can do it. Your work is less about big picture ideas and more about the specifics. Optimization, scaleability, etc become the focus of your code. You also spend more of your time keeping up with different platforms and frameworks.

Which stage are you on Jow Forums?

Attached: Kode with Klossy.jpg (670x447, 151K)

>what stage are you on?

But people think I'm a 3 and I get paid for it

1, maybe?

I dick around with functions and I'm still learning all the things I can do with it. I can manage to get data in and out of my functions, I can store the data in ram and perform computation on it back and forth until the result I want is reached, I can use if else statements and loops and I know RegEx now.

Maybe it's more like 0,5? I'm having more fun than I've had in years and I make a new small program every day. Today I made a magnet link extractor, where you feed it a web page and it spits out a list of all the magnet links found.

everyone on this board is a 1 pretending to be a 2

Yes, which is why they spend so much time and effort arguing about which language is the best.

2 moving to a 3 atm

4, the redpill that it does not matter how fast or scalable your code is when some other dude can open up your code, type like a monkey and introduce bugs and NPEs because he didn't watch out. So the most important thing is to write code that is so easy to understand and change that others cannot fuck it up, Then everything becomes about micro-optimizations for readability and ease of understanding, but also guarding code against mutations that would break it the easiest

so you're a retarded 2

t. retarded 1

>write code that is so easy to understand and change
Enjoy being replaced.

Damn it sounds depressing to be so bad at your job that they can hire a random poo in loo to take over your job. How does it feel?

Stop posting the same thread faggot I can't tell if you're trying to shill karly Kloss or you're just retarded but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Attached: Screenshot_20180922-094316_Firefox.jpg (1080x2220, 612K)

Also don't bump this shilling garbage

2 and I don’t ever want to get to 3.

Programming is a means to an end, not some sacred art form.

0. Programming looks cool and I'm larping on /tpg/

Stage 4: Expending the least amount of effort to still get paid.

I have had 1 c++ programming class, it was a nightmare. Too much information too quick with a chink prof who barely taught anything.

Is it normal to go from Hallo world to creating a phonebook program with proper formatting and save/edit/load/search functionality for storing peoples' addresses, names, phone #'s in a single semester?

Because holy fucking shit. 2.5 months is not enough time to grasp all of what I'm trying to learn here. We spend 1 day on pointers with the chink prof mumbling his way through it and then the next day we're on structs. One day on sorts. One day on search. Just supposed to fucking memorize these algorithms instantly or something when I barely even understand how to implement/integrate them into a program in the first place.

It was like the expectation from the prof is that I'm going to do all my learning outside the class.

Then why the flying fuck am I in the class????

Attached: 73F57158-1705-4F19-84D6-B9D89152C039.gif (367x219, 523K)

>T. Javascript pajeet code monkey

Stop replying to this ad shit

Bump for more koding with karlie the giraffe.

3, but Im a graduate student researching HPC techniques so.

Level realworld.

None of that matters if you make a product that makes money, or you solve a realworld problem.

4) you find that without math you can not make any cool shit and you are doomed to be a simple monkey.

>4
Reach 6 figures and make up your own rules