Low-Constrast Websites Suck

I mean the sort of garbage they showcase on unreadable.website/ and the examples at nngroup.com/articles/low-contrast/. Why do some designers think it's a good idea?

Attached: Screenshot.png (1263x697, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nngroup.com/articles/low-contrast/
contrastrebellion.com/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I blame google for pushing the stupid style that everything must be white.

>google pushing "everything must be white"

It's such a poor idea. I work for a software company and our site uses a map (jewgles map API) and we reduced contrast on it. Almost all customers bitch that it's hard to distinguish shit on the map so our designers made a lesser version of the contrast that still sucks.

White is not always better.

It's the hidden agenda of the last white males on the Google UX side, clearly.

yikes

I can read it just fine. Stop being cunts.

Because words are scary and nobody reads them anymore.

Everything has to be simple buttons even a chimpanzee can use.

dunno, bright white text on black background makes my eyes hurt and the opposite colour scheme is just painful in dark surroundings

seeing that the display contrast ratios are increasing, not decreasing, it makes sense to lower the contrast of text and other elements

I would never use a low contrast map just by itself, that would just be stupid.
But I do use a low contrast map when combining with an information overlay.
To make the overlays pop out more.

I also offer a selection of alternative map styles, and separate street names layers (in high contrast, white or black letters) that can be placed on top.

>>nngroup.com/articles/low-contrast/
>"Imagine trying to read low-contrast text on a mobile device while walking in bright sun."
Fucking don't! Don't stare at your phone and walk around you fucking idiot! I feel sorry for whomever is about to have their shit ruined by killing you with their car!

Attached: maxresdefault.png (773x773, 413K)

Just lower your screen brightness.
More contrast never hurts your eyes.

Why would you read the blog of someone who literally depicts themselves looking like that?

no, it's calibrated for colour-critical work

You clearly fucked up your calibration then.
You should always count in ambient light levels.

It's clearly a parody.

>bright white text on black background makes my eyes hurt
Sure, but you don't need to do that. Look at contrastrebellion.com/.

How exactly are these websites unreadable?

They look perfectly fine to me.

Why do people think green text on a blue background is a good idea?

Too much DOS.

a designer generally only has two jobs: design the site, and then redesign it when the users start complaining. after that, the only way they can justify getting paid more is to redesign it every fortnight.

fucking Eastlink Toll Road's website is white text on light green background, the morons.

confirmed for 19 years old. just wait until a lifetime of staring at screens catches up with you, little girl. then you'll be sorry.

Attached: grandpa simpson.jpg (544x544, 203K)