Why doesn't Jow Forums use macos? it's more polished than linux and you get to use professional software...

why doesn't Jow Forums use macos? it's more polished than linux and you get to use professional software. it even runs well on old thinkpads

Attached: my little stolen desktop can't be this cute.png (1920x1080, 1M)

>it even runs well on old thinkpads

Wut

Personally, because on my system it just doesn't play right. At least it's not as fast as any linux distro or Windows, which to me is kind of a big deal on a toaster with no dedicated graphics card. My "build" is an i5 4460, 16GB of RAM and my mobo is a Gigabyte Z97-HD3. Everything I use is compatible for sure, but I can't manage to get decent performance with it. I just don't enjoy laggy scrolling on something like Chrome when it's fine elsewhere. All I can get is supposedly "better" power management but it's dodgy as shit.

Otherwise? I'd use it all day. I know how to use it, I'm used to it, I used El Capitan / Sierra for about a year and I know exactly which software I want and need.

It runs relatively fine on something like an X220.

Fuck yourself, retard

runs fine on my x220 desu

the hero we deserve

I thought you used Windows faggot

werks fine on my T440p

BASED SCATMAN

im not clicking on that shit nigga

lmao, no it does not on a t41p
I'll stay with Alpine and an unCoCked kernel version
fuck off

Also this

Making DSDT is too hard maybe

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 17.40.12.png (698x466, 91K)

It's definitely time consuming

Can you recommend me some software? I have an install that I never use.

pro baiter

This person is a paid shill for proprietary software. This faggot and his entire discord of trannies make these threads so you buy more Microshit and Apple products.

baka

50% right
proprietary software is evil
however trannies are based and redpilled

Attached: dd1967580669eecbb09cff68e7a7228d293b53a92b044f026c6203aa58ecd017.png (1058x1600, 1.71M)

free:
mpv
keka
iterm
spectacle
xcode
pirate:
photoshop
little snitch

I'm not a filthy pirate.

It's not good.

I have it on my desktop but installing that on my ThinkPad x230 is too much trouble
also >no wifi lol

Attached: .png (1920x1200, 172K)

>also >no wifi lol
get supported wifi adapter, they're not expensive

Of course Jow Forums uses Mac OS

Former Gentoo user reporting in.

I currently have installed Mac OS on my desktop PC.
Can't be bothered to get it running on my T410.

Linux has the nice font rendering and a nice command line, but it doesn't run some proprietary apps I sometimes need.
Windows runs proprietary apps, but the command line is shit as well as the font rendering .

Mac OS gives me both a nice command line and nice font rendering and of course can run proprietary apps.

hackintoshes get broken with every update and will probably soon be unusable online

if i had money i'd buy a good laptop in the first place

cam on

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 21.20.17.png (768x239, 96K)

Will update to mojave in few days and... it will not break

>why doesn't Jow Forums use macos?
not free
>it's more polished than linux
Loonix is fine for me
>and you get to use professional software
Emacs + GCC is all I need
I don't own a thinkpad

I'll take bait. What proprietary software you faggots need to run?

Have you changed from Windows 10 to macOS a,ready?

How is the native performance with hackintoshing? I render a lot of stuff with premier pro and do stuff with my wacom tablet as well so I need that sorta support as well. Should I just stay on windows or would macos be decent enough as well?

Photoshop / Sketch

Macos is cute :3

To be honest, never tried it.
And never did it because I don't like their hardware because I find it overpriced.

y-you are

Photoshop CC 2018 runs on Wine
no idea what Sketch is

> it's more polished than linux
Not that good on the inside. In other words, a polished turd is still a turd.

>How is the native performance with hackintoshing?
No loss of performance, don't use a distro, use pure macOS. I only use my windows partition for games ever since 2016 when i set up my hackintosh.

>not using PureDarwin

Attached: 1532908628094.png (1024x700, 1.21M)

I would, but I can't seem to find a place to download the iso files. Also not sure if my pure AMD rig would run it...

Slow, buggy, bad drivers and security record.

I thought I saw people say they had a loss in performance, guess I shall try soon enough if you say there isn't

wow that actually is cheap. you changed my mind.

What anime is she from?

oreimo

Many use linux because they don't like to use closed source software. Your argument for being able to use "professional software" doesn't make much sense in the FOSS community.

Conflicting with other opinions but at least on my PC anything is faster really. Only thing is it has cool animations, but goddamn they do all stutter. Also every game supported natively is somewhat slower, I don't know what's up with that.

>macOS
Why are we even here
Just to suffer

>Mavericks
My brother of african descent.

>tfw have to use Safari because Chrome is a slow piece of absolute trash on macOS

Reich OS will be built out of PureDarwin.

FUCKING POST PICTURES

When I was going off to college about ten years ago I got a MacBook Pro for college because my friend got one and it looked really nice. Plus at the time Mac OS X Tiger was years ahead of Windows XP. I distinctly remember being blown away by the as-you-type search results of Spotlight (after it thrashed your disk for a few hours to index everything) and really liking the overall polish. Plus I was in film school and Final Cut Pro was actually used by some filmmakers (as opposed to today, where FCP sucks). That laptop eventually broke, but in 2015 I bought a refurb 2011 MBP and it's been my laptop since then (I mainly use a Windows desktop). I'd definitely buy one of the newer MBPs, despite all the issues, mainly because I'm learning iOS development. Even if I weren't, though, I'd probably still buy one because I know macOS so well at this point, it's like a second home after Windows.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 6.48.56 PM.png (598x235, 85K)

>I render a lot of stuff with premier pro
Does it use cpu or gpu for that?
In geekbench gpu perf is like 30-40k points worse than on windows if that means anything

>running a nuApple toy OS on x86 swiss cheese hardware when you can run the best version of OS X on a 1997 Power Macintosh™ G3 with some upgrades
Why would anyone do this?

Attached: IMG_20180923_015304.jpg (2560x1920, 2.17M)

I wish you'd stop plastering my wife all over your shitposts.

um she's clearly on my wallpaper so she's my wife

I don’t even need to do that and mine runs fine

Is little snitch really that much better than the alternatives?

I never have any issue updating idk how you could possibly break it

Wtf are you talking about? It runs on your hardware just like any other native OS

i do desu

Not worth the cash to run it on supported hardware. I've used it on nigger rigged systems but it always runs into an issue after a while. If they maybe dropped the price of the macbook air to like $500 I probably would

its literally shit to use and it lags even on sandy bridge hardware made by apple themselves

There are FOSS alternatives?
I've used it for a while and it just works, can even block it self.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 03.29.03.png (412x711, 74K)

Did you do cpu SSDT at least? It won't turbo boost if you didn't

(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
(Dead)
Truly based.

Another thread from the windows nigger shill

Is there a way to unfuck MacOS so that it doesn't restrict you in half a billion different ways?

which one is easier to install on a laptop? hackintosh or ubuntu?

because its slow as shit, even windows feels way snappier

definitely ubuntu

be more exact, how exactly does it restrict you

the main thing is getting gatekeeper to fuck off fully since that bothers the crap out of me

sudo spctl --master-disable

What Windows 10 edition you using ?