they are still down btw
there was no "timely" updates since sept 10th

>not hosting your own email server
eggsdee

Like with roundcube?

>my bitmex account was linked to openmailbox
>I can't the associated email address
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why would anyone that cares about email privacy use the service of a small company that nobody would care about if they did a thing against the interests of their users anyway?

>not hosting your own email server
This. But unironically.

It was out before the 10th too, like a full week prior it was out sporadically. Last month when I could actually log in it was almost too slow to do anything. Trying to delete a message would take minutes.

At this point I think that Openmailbox is actually dead. I wouldn't be surprised if they were slowly shutting down and consolidating servers, and they just pulled the plug on the last one.

enjoy getting blacklisted by every major provider, im sure all mails you send will look great in the spam folder

crypofucks deserve this

>used lavabit
>it got shutdown and I lost my address tied to important things and contacts
>used openmailbox
>the owner is a lazy piece of shit who shuts it down and I lost my address tied to important things and contacts

Protonmail here I come!

Just use a gmail or another mail providers proxy.

Although that kinda defaults the point of keeping your privacy.

Buy your own domain, it costs a few £'s a year and you'll be able to route mail to any mail provider.

That's what you get for not using Posteo

I've not been blacklisted. You do need a static IP. You do need RDNS entry. You do need to use DKIM. Aside from that, it works just fine.

no it doesnt. You need SPF, DMARC and EVEN then you might get blacklisted if gmails algorithm is having a bad day.
Oh and forget it if you're using a TLD that is not a ccTLD.

What can I say? Works for me.

maybe it works today, but you'll get blacklisted in a week and wonder why. Look, I'm just saying that hosting your own mail server (as you said in a smug way in your first post) is definitely not an easy task and IMO not worth it for a single user.

Posteo? I'm taking you seriously for a moment. NOT SAFE. Germany is not safe. Likely the safest in the EU but that doesn't mean much.

Of all private mail services, Protonmail is likely the best. Always use PGP encryption regardless and other safety measures.

Switzerland has bent to the US (most publicaly with the bank tax evasion bullshit) but they have more stringent data protection laws than the EU. Unless it's terrorism or pedo shit, then it's quite unlikely a Swiss canton judge is going to grant a court order and until they do, Protonmail can ignore any bullshit sent from anywhere.

But they say they don't keep the keys, yadda yadda at least lavabit destroyed the servers when he got fucked. Always encrypt your shit.

>>Host own email server and domain
Well, if you're in America as I presume most are here, your ISP will still fuck you, so always encrypt and keep nothing physical as they can easily force you by law to give that up. Encrypt, and leave no traces, commit to memory.

Though if I recall, one guy refused to give up his passwords, appeals court said that was ok by 5th amendment, then either 9th circuit or was it Supreme Court said nope turn it over. Welcome to neo-fascism. What is it 19 different gov intel agencies?

Seen some bad things about protonmail. Runbox looks good, but a little expensive. Norway is not in the EU, so that's something.

If the US can force Hong Kong to turn over VPN logs even when they sought protection from China, you think Norway is safe? Iceland would be ok, but they have no leverage. When you're the sole hegemon of the WORLD hence superpower, what you want is what happens,

China? Whatever benefits their pockets the most in the longterm. Russia? Mafia state.

Who is not a vassal of the US and has the power to refuse them? Iran is trying, and the US cut them from SWIFT destroying them.

Adjust to your police state as everywhere else in the world has, at least you live in a first world country and don't have to be worried of assassination like in second world or of what would be called government sponsored gangs of smugglers that will burn your house down and beat you if the government decides you're a small fish worth making a public example of but not a big fish to go into one of the prisons where torture and starvations leads to disappearance.

Welcome to the world, Americans!

>Iceland would be ok
Are you retarded? Iceland is hugely depended on trade an cooperation from the US. Norway doesn't care about anyone as they can stay afloat from their oil money forever.
Also Hong Kong want to suck US's cock because they are afraid China will dismantle their right to political autonomy, and need hope the west can back them up.

You clearly know nothing - or you are a spook spreading FUD.

That won'd do shit if the servers of the mail provider go down though. Just get a domain, cheapest VPS from ramnode and setup postfix with virtualmin or sopmething and you are set. You can even get two VPS in different locations with second one as backup on the second mx reccord

That doesn't happen really unless you spam shit. I've worked at a hosting company and there were dozens of thousands of people hosting their own emails on dedicated servers, VPS and cloud instances. The only times they have issues is when they get their 10 year old wordpress sites hacked and start sending spam or they forget to create rdns records

Hene my point about Hong Kong. I only said Iceland would be ok because I thought they at least tried to bring their bankers to account, though, not to the extent required and really it was never isolated national institutions in the first place. And as a small country, they could at least hold their politicians to more account than most. But the rest disqualifies them,

The US created and imposed these international (and political) institutions after WW2 for a reason. Do you think the World Bank, the IMF, or even the fucking UN is anything but a tool to keep the status quo of the post WW2 power imbalance when the rest of the industrialized world wrecked each other and then with the Suez Canal crisis the US struck the deathblow to the only ones capable of making a comeback b/c of their Empire (Britain).

If only Stalin hadn't Trotsky icepicked to the head, he told them they needed prices as market factors like Lenin realized with the NEP. Or maybe if Gorbachev wasn't a moronic coward and opened the economy while STRENGTHENING the secret police. Sigh. A peasant blanquist party is succeeding whereas Lenin's legacy is in ashes. Let's see if China keeps on; their beginning was terrible, but I have slim hope for them.

If Hong Kong as much as they hate China will turn to them for protection only for China to say fuck you, don't fuck with our trade relations, then no where is safe.

As I said, who is NOT a vassal of the US and has leverage to defy them? Iran is the only one and they are crumbling because of the US control on the financial levers of the world.

Like I said welcome to the world, Americans1

If you're willing to pay money, Startmail in my experience has been mostly fine.

Dutch.

Safer to go with Protonmail.

I do like the search if they are also the ones behind that. I don't find unbubble.eu to be as good as it. Haven't found a better option.

Just use enough browser addoms/extensions (not Chrome) to cover yourself. Though not too many as that is a fingerprint in itself. Uninstall the redundant ones.

Whats the Jow Forums certified self-hosted e-mail solution?
I've recently bought a few domains in my own name and I want to setup some emails to me@[myname].me but I'm a bit confused about different software stacks, blacklists, DNS and etc.

Point it to Yandex Mail for free

If you're not using Gmail then it's because you're an autistic weirdo who cares more about being contrarian than you do about having a reliable product.

For people who actually have jobs and lives, reliability is incredibly important. That's why Gmail is really the only choice for email that should be recommended to anybody.

Attached: gmail logo.png (2000x2000, 62K)

>unironically deferring to advice from fucking virgin weirdos on an anonymous internet imageboard

>unironically recommending somebody use a russian product, when russia is renowned for having a dictatorial government with extensive spying programmes, which will probably have access to all your email

I really, really hope both of these posts are meant as satire.

Self-hosted, you nigger.

regards, thinks emails are HTML docs

>thinks the russian government won't have access to his emails

Attached: putin laughing.jpg (1120x640, 242K)

enjoy being data mined dumb goy

protonmail masterrace coming through, blacklisted self hosted spergs swerve

Yup, Posteo is unsafe because I said so. Great proof. Remember that one Protonmail incident last year?

>he thinks i give a shit about google running algorithms which literally just look for keywords
>he unironically uses some shitty unreliable autism email because he believes in conspiracy theories about jews
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: laugh.jpg (500x421, 40K)

This

Outlook blacklists pretty much everything but major providers

> unironically trusting an advertising megacorp with all of your data
lol

Attached: 1524727576281.jpg (600x450, 17K)

>unironically using a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH inferior product for literally no reason other than autism
People like you are so pathetic that it really amuses me.

Attached: laugh2.jpg (1000x667, 77K)

>sign up for an smaller independent email service like Openmailbox or similar
>suddenly they go offline without any advance notice, their tech support disappears and they never come back
>all of your emails are gone forever and many internet services won't let you change your associated email address without access to your original email account
>and you didn't even do anything wrong to deserve this

Can't believe I almost left Gmail for this; as many problems as it might have, I've never had to worry about them just vanishing like that. Scary.

I want to believe in indie email services like that, but stuff like this does impact my confidence in them. Your email address is basically your central passport to the internet these days and you can't afford to lose it like that.

Attached: he-is-going-to-travel_1045-131.jpg (626x626, 53K)

The problem is you're both right. Gmail is a reliable Jew farm that wants to own your existence. The open/"more secure" services can't reliably operate on a low budget for long and their users are too dumb to use a local mirror or secure back-up method for contacts belonging to a domain.

2 shekels have been deposited into your shill account

>i clicked some buttons in cpanel a few times now I an eggspert.

>unironically using a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH inferior product for literally no reason other than autism
lel, a different interface and a couple of DDoS attacks bringing the servers down for a few hours over the years?

Attached: 1508632318618.jpg (1366x768, 135K)

Again? Lmao

I'm glad I moved last year's fiasco

ProtonMail is shit, though.

> ProtonMail is shit
> doesn't list any reasons why
gr8 post

12 hours is a serious amount of downtime for an email provider, but 12 WHOLE DAYS AND COUNTING? Good grief!

Attached: 1qkw1b.jpg (500x280, 30K)

I really tried but most MTAs simply suck ass, it all feels like something that should have died in the 80ies. Add to that to that all the shit you have to setup (SPF, DKIM, Spam filter and so on).

Sure mailinabox sort of works, but I honestly find the setup shitty.