Linux devs threaten to destroy Linux after Linus purged & adoption of political coc

Jim is reading up on the linux situation right now and might do a video

tldr
>Linus Torvalds forced out of Linux by daughter + small clique of strange looking people with purple and pink hair
>Linux commits to special "Code of Conduct" pushed by far left for years that can get anyone banned from contributing for any or no reason
>feminists gloat on twitter about how happy they are all the toxicalities will now be gone
>they immediately start trying to get all the best coders "fired" (banned from project)
>actual linux coders may revoke all their code and fuck it all up on their way out

>Linux developers threaten to pull “kill switch”
>Most of the internet could be affected as Linux devs threaten to revoke entire histories of code commits in response to CoC controversy.
lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/

Attached: gd.png (1118x633, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.html
twitter.com/_sagesharp_/status/1042769399596437504
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>match for me
lol dude

Attached: h4.jpg (675x1200, 136K)

Yes, so what?

>rescind permission to use code
>SJWs just sneak it back in thinking nobody will notice
>SJWs all use their real identities on the internet like retards
>copyright infringement suits against specific individuals for actual monetary damages
>SJWs even further in debt than before

>copyright infringement
>freetard software
thanks for the laugh

>Jim is reading up on the linux situation right now and might do a video
Who is that? Why should I care? Is this more creator/follower eceleb bullshit?

>I need someone to pander to my beliefs and make content for me to hide behind so I don't have to defend my opinions on my own.
The internet is a joke.

> all these 30 year old aspie ~professionals~ in polo shirts getting butthurt
all of my lol, I don't have an opinion about the CoC because I'm not a kernel dev but I for one welcome our sjw bogeyman overlords for kicking shit off

>fork the kernel from before cock introduction
>rename Linux Origin
>all devs move to that
>remove all their contributions from the cucked Linux kernel
>leave SJWs to the sinking ship and make sure to not make the same mistake again
Explain to me why this wouldn't work?

Open-source licenses aren't synonymous with giving your code to public domain, dipshit, it's still yours.

>you don't own the copyright of your own code

Are you retarded? Unless you actually signed a document guaranteeing the project's free use of your works eternally (you don't sign a license, btw, not that the license used by Linux even has a clause for that), you own your own works.

And yes, this has decades of legal precedent. Many projects have shut down or been forced to rewrite huge sections of code over similar issues.

this tranny nonsense must be stopped, we must revert this abomination of a CoC and throw the technologically inept mentally disabled pink haired microculture out of our software and back into their blogs where they belong

Attached: 1537391627144.jpg (304x334, 54K)

Because without Linus Linux would be a disaster, I guess?

That's not Jim that's his good friend Mister Anti Bully, Jim got banned from Twitter remember?

People aren't smart enough to figure that out yet. But at the point they will, there will be 14 "original unpozzed Linux" forks

yeah and in the end linux is destroyed which is what they wanted in the first place so how is this a win?

>Most of the internet could be affected as Linux devs threaten to revoke entire histories of code commits in response to CoC controversy.
this sounds like a meme thing that couldn't actually happen

Hope that when he comes back, this all goes away as a bad dream.

Or just move to Linux Libre that already exists.

>rescind permission to use code
isn't it GPL'd?

And everything goes to shit because people only ever know how to make a logo. There is more to Linux than some volunteers. RedHat, Intel, AMD, and many others make great contributions, and they won't contribute to a shitty fork with a nice logo.

It got anti-GPL'd

When will Linux get renamed to something gender neutral?

translate

Beg for Linus to come back and double down on being an asshole.

It turns out copyright laws still exist and the code the original devs wrote is still their intellectual property

>rename Linux Origin
The way you name your ship is the way it's gonna row. I don't want my Linups with built-in DRM and network stack as a $15 DLC.

Attached: 1536188276810.jpg (612x612, 131K)

this seems like a much bigger deal-and-problem then any pissery with linux itself.
and now i'm wondering how you deal with the clusterfuck of one person modifying another's code under the GPL: do you split the copyright, or does the modifier get a full copyright of the modified code?

It wouldn't happen because people who develop linux are being paid to do so. Probably paid more than people who write CoCs. The second they ban someone from committing for stupid CoC reasons they will be harming the project and get fired fast. Because PR is worth lots of money but actual money is worth more.

DO IT! I'd revoke everything I submitted had I submitted something.

Couldn't help noticing how immediately after the CoC was accepted Coraline started a $10,000 GoFundMe to finance xir project to enforce CoCs.

Attached: coraline-shilling v4.jpg (607x1561, 292K)

oh that suuuuuuuuucks
don't let the door hit you on the way out

They should just pull the kill switch already. Fork the code, pull the switch and watch the old Linux boat burns as shitty coders fail to keep it all afloat.

this is incredibly frustrating. can they just LEAVE USE ALONE!

Attached: lenx.jpg (250x172, 8K)

I know a few maintainers that would 100% pull the plug if they got banned by this abomination.

Jesus fuck this is enfuriating

Attached: 1521359844990.jpg (834x1000, 111K)

*US
seriously I'm so angry I actually want to kill that faggot

this is the price you pay for not using GPL v3 :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Ted Ts'o already has a rape (apologist) accusation against him.

>coc beacon
>trying to compete with grindr
start-uplets they never learn

The only way that would work is if the CoC prohibits accepting code made by "undesirables" (i.e. intelligent white males and females). When you fork you also inherit the license. So the CoC linux group could just copy the code form the new project. Unless there is an option to rescind the commits fork Linux, and then add the old code back in under a different license that prohibits forking or copying of the code.

I thought contributing to the linux kernel meant you had to have a brain. But nobody with a brain would take this guy for anything other than a total lunatic.

Go ahead, shrug. You know damn well they can't fix it if you break it.

Of course not you moron. This doesn't stop until they're dead.

Attached: 41DNQ+Z+VjL.jpg (219x500, 24K)

not from anyone important though

I'm having a hard time figuring out what xir's contributions to the kernel are actually meant to be, other than "something to do with OSS"

The accusations don't have to come from anyone important. It just have to sound remotely plausible in a leftist mind for it to trigger the banning per the CoC rules.

It is the spirit of Jezebel that dwells in these feminists. Jezebel is a whoring usurper spirit. We require an exorcism, in the name of Jesus Christ, to purge this whore that has infiltrated our tech.

it's simple: stop listening to the feminists and give them a strong backhand slap to the face.

why can't western men stand up to their own women?

lmao you fags are all so clueless. but yea, you'll show them!! make ANOTHER post about the CoC!!!!

you all just sound like a bunch of ass mad children. The linux kernel was never written to be some retarded "bastion of free speech" for retards like you. It;s always been way more than a platform for retarded 4chiners to spout their retardation. Being surprised that changes like this are happening is indicative of how little Jow Forums knows about the software industry, let alone anything else technology related. why aren't mods pruning these retarded threads, good lord

Attached: 5mPQjR9.gif (331x197, 1.29M)

GPL2 theoretically lets originators rescind rights to use code.

someone important has to agree and thats pretty much impossible, some butthurt ex dev that exist to work CoCs is not going to change anything, they need someone more impartial to pull the trigger.

same as torvalds' daughter
>I dont know how to program XD but im a feminist in tech XD
>media:
>THE NEXT LINUS TORVALDS WILL REVOLUTIONIZE THE TECH WORLD

Time for your dilation, honey

has anyone ever had the balls to test that in court?

I get what you are saying but I’d still rather favor an environment where coders can actually produce quality code vs one where CoCs are being shoved in. Besides, since only shitty coders will be left behind, don’t you think it would be funny if you say a bunch of copied and pasted code. In other words, the people who support CoCs are people who shouldn’t be programming in the first place?

It does not. It allows creators to release their code under another license but the original code and license is forever GPL.

That's nice. As soon as it doesn't depend on GNU, you can do whatever you like with it.

look at this no brain gorilla nigher

Death of Linux would be a tragedy. I still hope this is some overblown affair that will soon calm down.

Don't use the term "intellectual property":
gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.html

You don't actually need to code to make a difference. Not saying that she is, I have no idea, but a huge project like Linux definitely can have space for people who don't code.

>actual linux coders may revoke all their code and fuck it all up on their way out
sweaty, thet's not how GPL works
>Linux developers
[email protected] is about as much Linux dev as Coraline is

Attached: 1490606680755.gif (280x302, 3.75M)

>they need someone more impartial to pull the trigger
Not when all you need to do to be banned it hurt someone tiny feelings. It is also the reason she is pushing so hard for decentralized (i.e. placed under her little cabals control) enforcement of the CoC. Also since Linus is outed and have handed over control to people that pushed for the implementation of CoC only God know what they will do.

The "Jim" he's referring to is likely the individual called "Mister Metokur" foremerly "internet aristocrat". Unfortunately, outside of Jow Forums, he has become like a mouthpiece of Jow Forums for a few people.

>end up finding out the GPL is unenforceable in court
>ruin the entire thing over a stupid CoC
Yeah nah, those idiots better not start any shenanigans!

I bet you feel like an idiot, faggot

>>Most of the internet could be affected as Linux devs threaten to revoke entire histories of code commits in response to CoC controversy.

That's not how git works you dumb cunt

Doesn't Git belong to Microsoft now?

this
I think it's funny that nobody noticed the email came from a literal cockmail account

True. And the a little sweet deal they could do is to change variable and function names to "offensive" ones. This way the CoC Linux would have to rewrite all. But I agree if enough people moved to a fork, and they also got Linus to move to the new fork CoC Linux would be dead no matter what.

git is software

school seems to be picking up slower this year, so we're stuck with the summerfags for another month or two

Remember when SJWs went after this guy. He fell off the face of the earth after they booted him form the TOR Project.

Attached: jacob.jpg (275x183, 6K)

>Doesn't Git belong to Microsoft now?

Attached: lost_hope.jpg (405x508, 39K)

Attached: ralph.jpg (320x240, 21K)

Because every contribution to the fork will go upstream, this is how linux license works.

forums were a mistake.
People now think that they are part of a community without being inside it by just posting on the internets

alternatively, the whole redchanit thing may be older than most of the fags here... don't know which is worse

yeah but applebottom was freaky deaky

>>they immediately start trying to get all the best coders "fired" (banned from project)

has this actually happened? can you show me some proof/examples?

twitter.com/_sagesharp_/status/1042769399596437504

Quads confirm the revolution.

it's literally just the one person and probly the result of a grep 'rape' or something.

>tfw we lived enough to see Linux crash and burn

Attached: 1531998921333.jpg (720x702, 68K)

>implying it wasn't glow-in-the-darks
what an incredible coincidence that everyone working against the three-letter agencies gets accused of some sexual crime

Wait wait wait...
This: use to be this: ?

New OS fork when ?

Attached: li9e5yo2t3q01.jpg (776x1024, 82K)

>only one person in the first week
>it's nothing goyims

Form and rename hurd?

>forking from an outdated kernel that's still monolithic in the age of hybrid kernels instead of starting from scratch

Pic related.

Attached: rape.jpg (608x394, 66K)

so what OS Should I support?

This. Linux needs to die for technical reasons (though not ideological ones).

And they've use weaponized SJW screeching to do it. One accusation was that he was groping a girl in bar - who turned out to be his girlfriend - who said he did nothing wrong.

Clover OS

Attached: 1493050414088.png (1242x1080, 494K)

He was not talking about the OS, he was talking just about the kernel.

What Ted actually said, for context:
>And if you asked the women involved, only 27% of the people categorized by Koss as being raped called it rape themselves. Also found in the Koss study, although not widely reported, was the statistic that of the women whom she classified as being raped (although 73% refused to self-classify the event as rape), 46% of them had subsequent sex with the reported assailant

yeah they're definitely trying to hurt someone but they're not very good at it and they clearly can't manage a pattern of it. its already been thrown back at them so most likely they'll just back off til its forgotten.

take your pick

Attached: __claudia_madobe_madobe_ai_madobe_nanami_madobe_tooko_and_madobe_yuu_microsoft_os_tan_and_windows_10 (1920x1080, 1.69M)

GNU Hurd is microkernel.

Attached: 1537254030467.png (525x500, 26K)