Complains about the botnet

>complains about the botnet
>owns a smartphone instead of a dumb phone
Explain this, Jow Forums

Attached: old phone.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

i created my own smartphone, so just how am i in a botnet, u dumb rick and morty reddit cringe yikes fag

>hears cartoon voices talking about 'the botnet' and is concerned about their choice of phones
Explain this, OP

>concerned about the botnet
>owns a cellphone
but yes, anybody who owns a smartphone is a complete and total shill/retard

>blaming users for a corporation's intentional wrongdoings
Fuck off.

a dumb phone won't protect you from cell tower triangulation though

>hate modern technology
>post on technology board
Idk why they do this either. Go live in the woods if u actually care and stop posting

This. You're just as trackable on a dumb phone as a smart phone. And unfortunately a lot of dumb phones still come with Facebook installed. Take the Nokia 3310 3G. Comes with Twitter, Facebook and Skype installed. At least with a smart phone you can stick LineageOS on it.

>Comes with Twitter, Facebook and Skype installed.
fuck are you smoking? I have one of those and it only has facebook

>he wrote from his computer running non-free firmware

Society has made it our burden.

Attached: 1525149672955.png (855x1200, 847K)

>"dumbphone"
>it doesn't have a fancy UI so it can't possibly be botnet

Attached: 1526397169908.jpg (773x484, 141K)

That isn't a dumb phone

Cell phones are inherently botnet though

What anime is she from? She's cute

lol

>he thinks dumbphones aren't botnets
oh sweety. I recommend you do some research
>IMSI catchers
>LTE protocol flaws
>LTE modem backdoors
>cell tower triangulation
>plaintext SMS transfer

But I'm a paranoid NEET who don't own a smartphone

What?

>she

Attached: 1507644433189.png (516x768, 563K)

A smartphone is just a computer plus a phone. Whether it's a botnet or not, it depends on the software you run on it.

Depending on what you mean with "botnet", one may argue that any mobile phone is botnet, since they (by design) track your location so you can always use the closest cell tower to communicate.

Attached: ishtar rin.jpg (700x988, 151K)

I don't get it

Attached: 1537648769577.png (516x768, 518K)

>she
hohoho boy have i got something unexpected to tell you... haha maybe I wont
but here's a secret (don't tell just between you and me):
that "girl" who you have a fine fancy for, her femineine features are facetious for she is
a BOY.
yes, you have found yourself TRICKED. you are attracted to a MALE who hides as a female in public
boy you must be embarassed (i certainly would be)
it's okay though you're not gay because you had no idea its really the damn crossdressers fault they hsould make it more obvious unwelcome surprises are unwelcome

That's a dude? Wtf. Why did they make him look like a girl? Trannies never look that cute.

It's a Japan thing. And some trannies are cute, maybe you just haven't met any? I'm not gay though because I don't like penises, but I can still appreciate their cuteness.

Why would Japan do this. No wonder asians love white men. Look at how they represent their men.

>owning a tracking device

A dumbphone sticks me with unencrypted SMS, a smartphone lets me use Signal. Also I trust LineageOS to not be malicious more than I trust the stock firmware of a dumbphone to not be malicious. Lineage lets me mitigate the biggest privacy problem of smartphones, namely Google. I just don't install that play services crap. As for the problems which are inherent in mobile phones, like tracking by your carrier monitoring what towers can hear your device, or stores recording MAC addresses that their wi-fi hears, the solution to that is the same in either case - leave the phone at home.

What about phones with fully-functioning Replicant on them?
Perfect compromise.

>complains about botnet
>owns android and lenovo

I'd rather stick with Apple, which respects my privacy.

dumb phones are no longer supported.

>muh Lineage OS
Dude, if you think your phone is private because you installed another distro, you are delusional.

Every fucking driver in the phone is closed source. It is literally impossible to avoid the botnet on a cellphone.

I'm not saying it puts me in a perfect privacy and security position. I'm saying it puts me in a significantly better one than regular Android, and arguably a better one than with dumbphone firmware, since at least I know more about whats in it and what problems it might have.