I think we should really back this Jow Forums. It has potential

I think we should really back this Jow Forums. It has potential.

Attached: 0darwin.png (1506x512, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PureDarwin/PureDarwin/wiki/About
github.com/PureDarwin/PureDarwin/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot to post the info link.
github.com/PureDarwin/PureDarwin/wiki/About

bump because this really does have potential.

Why just another distro?

Its not even built on the Linux Kernel

Why not OpenBSD?

Good news

Because its actual garbage and needs to be rebuilt.

Why do you say that?

I has shit support for so much software. Its ugly as sin out of the box and its not really user accessible.
You might make the argument that, that last one doesn't matter but it really does if you want it to actually grow in any kind of way.

I'll check it out in a VM... I doubt something mac related would run on my AMD system.

>develop openbsd to support more hardware like a real man
>then fork it with a new installer that packages gnome 3 and etc for cumguzzling faggots like OP
Wow that was hard wasn't it?

what we would be nice instead is the macos userland on linux, gnustep is already there it just need devs & stuff

>I has shit support for so much software.
I doubt PureDarwin has better support since it's even less popular than OpenBSD.

>Its ugly as sin out of the box
This is not an argument since you can set it up to run any window manager that Linux can.

>and its not really user accessible.
OpenBSD has the best documentation of any OS. It's not as easy to use as macOS or even Windows "out of the box", I'll grant you that. But you're not getting a better user experience with Linux, and certainly not with PureDarwin since that doesn't come with Apple's Cocoa API and Aqua UI.

>You might make the argument that, that last one doesn't matter but it really does if you want it to actually grow in any kind of way.
It doesn't matter for arguably the most important use case for a free OS which is running Internet infrastructure (including web servers).

>what we would be nice instead is the macos userland on linux
Why not just use macOS then? XNU kernel is superior to Linux, APFS is superior to whatever meme file system Linux uses, and macOS hardware support is best in class.

>XNU kernel is superior
Stopped reading there, it's a Frankenstein mess from the early 90's plus I'm sure the Linux kernel has more dev manpower at this point

and I mean the original NextStep kernel ofc, because Mach is a research project from the 80's or older

It's shit: github.com/PureDarwin/PureDarwin/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

I mean osx had cool shit like launchd or dtrace at the time & I'm sure there's more

>it's a Frankenstein mess from the early 90's
This is what Linux literally is.

>plus I'm sure the Linux kernel has more dev manpower at this point
Quantity is not quality, and most of the kernel developers are adding support for new hardware, not actually improving core technology.

I think we should give it a shot. BSD has existed for just as long and has yet to accomplish half of what it has. Seems like a lost cause honestly.

Yeah both kernels are shit. Your point?

Why not contribute to a real project instead?

Attached: Debian-GNU-Hurd-2017.jpg (718x479, 40K)

>no systemd
*snap*

Attached: pepe.jpg (600x600, 30K)

>GUHNEW
>HURRRD
Why does Stallman insist on naming his shit after the sounds of vomiting?

Attached: 1522657161482.jpg (640x480, 31K)

>APFS is superior to
APFS is the worst filesystem in existence.

go away pottering

>I think we should really back this Jow Forums
No.
>It has potential.
No.
hobby project
dev on free time
no money
no business plan
no purpose for anyone other than the devs
will always be around 10 to 20 years late on current gen real darwin

Sure it sounds cool and edgy on your CV but that's about it.

pure tranny cancer.

Just a question - frmr PearPC user (showing muh age)

How is Darwin different?