So some asshole went down the street flattening tires.. I got hit...

so some asshole went down the street flattening tires.. I got hit.. fortunately it happened all around town so I know it wasnt from me making an enemy.

Anyways I would like some home security suggestions.. I really dont even know where to start looking

btw I am an electrician so installs shouldnt be too much of a hassle.

Attached: Goodtimes.jpg (2340x4160, 1.66M)

install gentoo

Get a dog.

Attached: 74537575.jpg (768x1024, 50K)

Also curtains

They did it because you drive Mopar

>is an electrician
>don't know anything about home security systems

You sure you're an electrician there, bud?

You deserve it Ram driving douche bag.

That's what you get for making fun of niggers and pajeets on an anonymous japanese whaling forum

I do commercial stuff so really we dont waste our time with security.. it doesnt pay well and is a pain in the ass.. most of it is access control key swipe shit, and I focus more on the 500 lights and 300 plugs, and 4-5 panels, and the 1000amp service ect type of stuff... that keeps me busy.

>otherwise, you might mistakenly use the word 'trannies' and get eviscerated

so is Jow Forums always full of faggots?

where do you live?

Jow Forums has been phonefag central since 2011

security flamethrowers

Kek, that probably was me.

Gotta agree with , OP.
You're either pretty dumb to the point where I wouldn't hire you or you're not an electrician to begin with.

Anyway the cheapest solution would be probably good ol' raspberry and a camera, to the obvious most expensive just werks store solution free with a botnet of your choice. If you're going with former visit cause no one on Jow Forums knows even how to solder these days. Good luck.

Attached: 6VgeqXv.jpg (826x960, 54K)

I see what you did here.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 7K)

Attached: p.jpg (940x540, 198K)

>these fucking retards that think electricians only do house wiring
I'm one of the people installing and wiring in chip fab plants and nuclear plants and coal plants and paper mills and everything else industrial

So? I was one of the fuckers installing ACs and I still could come up with buying some chink camera of aliexpress and going from there.

Attached: 1468696509438.jpg (570x499, 112K)

thanks for chiming in... these nerds dont understand how electricians tend to find a niche in the industry and stick with it to maximize profits... I really only do commercial, so I have a hard time in an industrial setting and pretty much suck at knowing my hazardous locations wiring methods... same with low voltage systems and residential... I can get through it but dont expect me to build a good security system complete with cameras motion sensors ect... sure I could buy some cheap shit but why?

Get a dog , a gun and some ammo.

nice numbers

I would honestly recommend looking at some basic Honeywell IP camera solutions after you feel you have to write off wireless as a solution. Arlo Pro are decent when you consider you don't have to pay for storage and remote access is built in, they also make it easy to program alert zones, the cameras are 720p but compared to the commercial shit I work with for the same price they're way clearer, higher FPS. Their downsides are short IR night vision, and are weaker to the outside world as far as weather and vandalism. They're also motion triggered, you have to pay Arlo for 24/7 recording, and rig up an outlet for them or your own power supply of you want it.

Meanwhile if you feel like stepping up the money, Honeywell makes decent IP cameras for around the 90-200$ price range, if you can find a supplier. You'll need a PoE switch in the 160 watt range for 5 cameras, at about 250 meters of Cat 5 or less. Then your own NVR which will probably be the priciest part.

That's low voltage stuff. user does high voltage.

those are some very intriguing numerals atop your post good sir

I should ask, what is your budget.

I'm just starting to look into it but I am wanting to stay away from monthly charges, call it $2k sounds reasonable, and it would be cool to just store it all on my computer.

Move out of the ghetto.

Quads confirm

surprisingly more bullshit type problems have happened to me since I moved to a nicer middle class neighborhood than had happened to me in 10 years of ghetto living..

people dont really fuck with one another in the ghetto.. maybe because there is no point to it because we were all poor. They realized that if you mess with someone who is already low that they have nothing to lose by killing someone and going out in a hail of bullets with the police..

>be american
>get flattened
lmao

You'll have to ask these anons more about raspberry pi, building or buying a tiny NVR would probably be the cheapest solution. I work commercial like you, so the prices I know are skewed because we get them wholesale.

But an NVR also needs software for the recording, some are 'free' but you pay for licenses per camera, others are moniez but you don't pay for the camera licensing. I'm sure there's an open source solution out there but since I work corporate I don't know of it.

Really really though, hunt around for NVR's look into building one, they're just regular computers with a pile of hard drives rated for constant recording and a specialized software suite.

The cameras you want shouldn't cost above 350 a piece, they're all blurry crappy things in general, but what you want and need is an IP camera, something with a verifocal lens, a heater and outdoor weather rating, and a vandal resistant housing. Run riser to the point where you want them, and either get a conduit box to mount them on (about 6"x6"x4") or put a hole and seal it directly under them so you have no wires sticking around them. Run that to a Power over Ethernet switch with enough wattage to power them, (PoE+ is 31.5 watts max draw per port.) then put your switch to your device somewhere central and comfy with good stable temperature, run riser from that back to your desktop to control it through using their software or your software if you go some kind of open source raspberry pi solution.

Keep in mind a 24/7 surveilance system needs about 1 TB per camera at roughly 1080p, IP cameras can be up to 4MP though so you might want 2 TB each to get the most out of them. Don't fall for any of the costco/wallmart/bestbuy DVR bundle crap, they're all garbage.

Park it in your garage like someone who's not an idiot. If they try to break into your garage to do it anyway, then you shoot them. Problem solved.

what about my other 2 cars already in there?

you got me going in the right direction I think, I am currently researching some of this to get as much info as I can so I can make a decision.

thank you kind user