Work in a cubicle

>work in a cubicle
>employed as a techie
>codemonkey
If any of the above are true and you are 30 years of age or higher, then you are officially a failure at life.

Attached: 1200px-Gulf_Worldwide_Sales_&_Marketing_Team.jpg (1200x628, 195K)

100% correct. But no one on Jow Forums is that pathetic.

>44
>work in cubical
>make $110K/yr
>work 36hrs/wk
I have failed

Yeah, pretty much. How do you get up in the morning knowing that you share the same arrangement as farm animals?

lmao!!!

>44

Attached: 1515508071016.png (1916x1297, 3.4M)

and what do you do for a living

It's terrible, really
I don't know how I do it some days

mine is a doublewide, supervisor height cube, not some pleb standard cube

Glorious management. I sit in my corner-office, making more money than you will in a lifetime, watching anime and playing video games all day while you techies slave away doing my will.

I have had techies fired for my incompetence many times yet you idiot still line up at the door when HR wants a new one. I am bullet proof, and the meat-shields are lining up for minimum wage!

I collect dividends.

You had that one coming.

That's pretty cool. Is the job rewarding?

What if you never aspired to more than being a code monkey? It's a sweet job.

can you believe they do it for free?

4ft high closed cubicles are objectively better than open meme where you share 3 smelly hipsters on a plastic table

Most of Jow Forums that is over 30 are actually NEET virgin spergs, so working in a cubicle as a codemonkey would actually be above average.

>lying on the internet

It's not a job, and it is rewarding since I get lots of money from doing absolutely nothing.

Unquestionably. """"open solution"""" with shared desks is unironically the deepest level of hell to work in.

I get to commute on workdays. I see people on the streets, get to talk to coworkers. It's a nice change from my apartment.

>""""open solution"""" with shared desks is unironically the deepest level of hell to work in
You cannot be more wrong. For large teams of mobile workers (think consultants or salespeople), dedicated desks are death. These people are supposed to be outside at customers' places, pounding the streets. Rarely if ever should they ever show up at work, much less pretend to do something there.

>living in denial
This is how all middle-management works, user. All that is important is that you have someone bellow you who can take the heat when something goes wrong. Fire or reprimand that individual publicly and have them take the heat.

It doesn't matter if they deserve it. You people are being shat out by community colleges all over the country. You're a dime-a-dozen.

>work in open office, cuz it is startup and they poor
>employed as 'buzzword engineer'
>has to figure out shit cant codemonkey all the time
still feel like looser because my friends got job in big companies
that are in techparks and their job is easy codemonkey stuff

I wish I worked in a cubicle, I'm on a wood table with some 54 yo engineer that is screaming and hitting the table all day, plus 2 other people, 1 asking questions all days because they can't do shit.
startups are cancer

Attached: itsallsotireseome.jpg (396x358, 31K)

How can I have time to work when I have to tinker with Linux all day?

how can i become like you user

>Work separated from others
>Alledgelly working
>Comfy wage at the end of the month
I can't see the issue, user.

Tinker with Linux all day at your job. It's what I do.

Read books on how to improve your personality. I'm serious, take on the guise of the ultra-turbo normalfag. Be charismatic, be a leader and start testing your skills in interviews.

When someone eventually hires you (and they will, sooner or later you'll get someone who can't tell your lies from the truth) make sure your first line of defense is built tight. Sit in on interviews and make sure HR hire people you know will suck your dick if you ask them to, you want slaves. It doesn't matter if they're shit, that's their problem, not yours. If your team fails, it's the teams failure, not yours. You're just "working with the tools you've been given".

Oh I know, you are a lying sack of shit but I know that kind, they are part of the problem.
Where I work management does programming along with the rest of the team, and when you fuck up they actually try to help you amend it, I can't imagine what it must be to work in a toxic environment probably full of pajeets and being the asshole all day, enjoy being a subhuman I guess.
I mean, I hate how disorganized the whole startup ambient works, but that part is a positive part at least, if it was for my mistakes I would have been fired a week into the job, but I'm 2 years now.

You sound like a real scumbag user.

i like your style user

what are some good books

Attached: 51SwGh%2BfzXL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (308x499, 38K)

>cubicle
I wish

I'm happy for you, if you have a manager who still gives a shit beyond his own position consider yourself incredibly lucky. To me you're all pigs to the slaughter.

Oh, a project gets fucked? That's awful, I find the weakest techie, put him on the spot, and make him think my instructions were clear and he just fucked them up. Psychologically bully them fuck out of them, feed their insecurities and make foster their stockholm syndrome. A good slave learns to love the leash.

I'm 8 years into my career as a manager, and I love every day. It's a real thrill watching some college freshie sweat in front of HR when he's done nothing wrong.

Than you, I appreciate that.

It depends on what you're lacking. I read that book you're posting and all it talks about is being a nice person and pretending you care about everyone. It's made for a different generation of door-to-door salesmen.

I hope it feels good to be a big fish in a small pond. Fresh college graduates doing codemonkey work at Google and Facebook probably make twice what you are making.

Our cubicles are pretty good size though and I have quad monitors and have a movie or show playing all day as well. Pretty nice

2/10. To obvious

>can't even name one book
nice LARP

Jesus christ lol hope you're making 140k+ at least

I work on support and its worse than that. Well, at least I have a few years to either fix things or take the easy way out.

Alright, in my bookshelf (yes, I have a bookshelf) I have:
>The Like Switch, Jach Schafer
>Charismatic Chaos, John McArthur
>Way of the Superior Man, David Daida

They're

*They're pretty great, and most aren't read enough for the tricks to be super obvious around others.

>24
>data analyst
>75k
>open floor plan zero privacy
>forced 1 hour break

It gets better right?

You sure did. By 44 I'll have enough money to retire and live off the interest.

>forced 1 hour break
How does that work? You're forced to take 1 hour out of your 8 to do nothing?

have you ever considered the posibility that one of those techies you put through hell and have them fired would make their life goal to fuck you over user

You have a small penis

Do mutts really fall for this shit? Yikes

no

Only NPCs are comfortable working in cubicles.

Attached: 1536431230129.jpg (250x208, 5K)

Abso-fucking-lutely they do. Not being a total aspie in an interview is worth it's weight in gold in the IT industry. It's free feed for any aspiring manager.

>4 ft
Fuck that shit. It's basically nothing. 6ft or 60% to the ceiling is where privacy and noise isolation starts. Also doorways should only be 2ft wide.

Be a narcissistic sociopath. For some reason we reward both shitty personality traits.

>All this LARPing.
w e w

>we

Attached: 3B0EF582-D5AC-47EA-8C4B-DFCDACC7EBBF.png (1000x1000, 148K)

>Abso-fucking-lutely

post your address and ill kill you for lying and being a gigantic fucking faggot nigger at the same time

At time of writing we have 4 career-related threads on Jow Forums. Didn't we have a general for IT careers at some point?

Nah. You're forced to take your lunch break and not leave work 1 hour early.

Yes. We. As in humans across thousands of years.

We fucking love abusive narcissistic leaders. It's totally bonkers but there must be an evolutionary reason for it. Maybe it's that blatant narcissists are good at killing non-narcissistic leaders by using their people as meat bludgeons.

>Yes, we. As in humans
Are you just playing dumb, Mr wannabe jew?

Attached: AD7BF8C9-D960-4E1D-9D87-2A3F63736DF6.png (714x481, 149K)

wow bro why so obvious? Don't just spit it out like that, learn some social engineering first before you go full Dexter Morgan on his ass.

Im at work for 9 hours.
8 hours of work and 1 hour break.

faggot. if what you're saying isn't a larp i hope one of those autistic mentally disturbed techies goes into your office and pulls an elliot rodger. I hope that you shit your pants right before he does ends you

>first internship no pay "job"
>work 3 months straight for 10 hours a day
>everyone goes on lunch breaks
>i stay in and program for hours on end
>tell them im leaving
>they start begging me to stay
>i tell them i want the HR and the CTO dead and hanging from trees for being disgusting jewish rats
>blacklisted

*record scratch*
*frame freeze*
you are probably wondering how i ended up here...

also im a in a masters degree program related to applied math and algorithms currently

when you arent suited for survival of the fittest kind of dog eat dog environments you just arent and thats life

i'm hikkineet
so cushy cubical job with decent pay for the whatever area the job is at is the ideal

Jews are the biggest narcissists of them all. Always the victim, believes they deserve the best, doesn't care about anyone outside their circle, hurts others then bold faced lies about it, etc.

And you’re one of them

>if you're gainfully employed you're a failure
fuck you user, it's perfectly fine to not have dreams or ambition. there's not a thing wrong with taking it easy and enjoying life

>>i tell them i want the HR and the CTO dead and hanging from trees for being disgusting jewish rats
>being this autistic

>no pay
What?

Jews never shit talk their own, retard.

>22
>work in cubical
>make £27k/yr ($35k/yr)
>work 35 hrs/wk

I thought I was the only one lol

i did it for the "experience"

in actuality i was the only one working

>tfw only one in the building with a private office that has a window overlooking the warehouse floor

Attached: fg.png (1800x1100, 28K)

I'm actually jealous.

I hate this open office meme. It's irritating how everyone passes by and just looks at what you're doing. At my current place we're literally sitting with french windows behind us, only 2 or sth feet away from it, possibly showing all the internal passwords, data, logic and what not.

Cope harder.
>over 30 doing tech
>huge paycheck
>creative freedom to build things how I want
>come to work at 10:30 and leave at the latest 5

Yep, a failure alright. I'm on the waiting list to get a Model 3 in December. Life is pretty sweet.

Attached: 1522147150253.jpg (494x462, 28K)

It's so Mr. Sheckleberg can see how often you rest your eyes or check your phone so he has an excuse to not give you a raise even though you meet all your deadlines and do your job well.

Most of Jow Forums are:

a) underage with no job
b) in college with no job
c) lifelong NEETs that never worked in industry once, like OP

>22
>dropped out of first year of college last year CS major
>crippling anxiety and depression
>quit my shitty retail job recently
>no work lined up
>keep missing appointments for therapists
>gf left me cause I'm was anxious depressed wreck when she left long distance
>want to make music but that wont make me money, might go IT
>I should just kill myself now

>worked in bars when younger
>fucked around
>finally get fed up with it
>go back to uni as mature student
>get physics degree
>start applied mathematics masters (but don't finish)
>relatively recently, leverage the shit into a techy cubicle job which involves 'codemonkey' work but highly mathematical 'codemonkey' work
>get paid a pretty penny for it because it's easier to teach those with mathematical skills how to program than it is to teach those who know how to program lots of complicated maths
>36yo

It's better than throwing beer kegs around for a living, bud.

Attached: james-clerk-maxwell.jpg (481x600, 22K)