>build computer
>it's noisy
>locate problem to Power Supply Fan
>buy new semi-passive PSU beacause can't replace PSU fan
>now case fans are noisy
>buy be quiet fans
>now graphics card is noisy
>have to buy a new 500 dollar GPU because can't replace fans

Attached: 1535457021859.png (598x566, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30200253/
youtube.com/watch?v=vsCrdckZE5s
bahnhof.se/villafiber/
coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/silent-fan-120-si2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The 27” 4k iMac doesn’t have this problem.

You can nigger rig new fans, out buy a new heatsink or even a water block

I just put the PC in my closet and drilled a hole through the wall, put one of those round rubber valves in, and passed the cables through it. So what if it's noisy as long as I can't hear it?

>67740900
>he doesn't own a house where he can just drill a hole in the wall and put his computer in another room

I can run all my fans at max speed if I close my door. Perfect silence my dude

If you're an apartment cuck, you could probably feed the cables under the door. Or hell, even buy a cheap door and then cut off a corner so your cables will fit. (And when you are moving out, just put back the original door so the landlord doesn't sue your for property damage).

Attached: 2017-03-21 (bst) (cropped).jpg (1500x730, 235K)

>computer starts making loud fan noise
>sounds almost like a cable getting hit by fan blades
>keeps going for half an hour
>fine, that's it, guess I have to move a cable or something
>unscrew panel on case
>just as I begin to slide it open the noise stops

What the fuck

Just live with it. Hearing the fans also easily tells you how hard the computer is working.

how did you find my photo?

No, it doesn't.

Attached: webcam.jpg (512x640, 36K)

>tfw cars, airplanes, buses, washing machines, dish washers are soothing sounds and i have no problem with them
>but when computer makes noise i get PTSD

Why is this? Do I suffer from a letter combination or something?

>buy PS4 pro
>it's noisy
>nothing that can be done

>when computer makes noise i get PTSD
Did a hard drive explode on you or something?

>have to buy a new 500 dollar GPU because can't replace fans
what

He will discover that you can replace fans.
But then will also learn about the coil whine.

Probably. Or maybe he won't.

You are a fucking retard.

And assuming he don't or fixes it, then he will learn about the sound of the silence.

>apartment cuck
good luck with that latency

I personally like my computers to provide audible feedback. There's something about the click of relays and hard drives spinning up when I hit the power button. Rather than treating the noise as an annoyance treat it as a tool which lets you know what your machine is doing.

You should have built a PC with silence in mind from the start. This means picking a low-TPD GPU like the 750 Ti or the 1050 Ti and a fanless PSU. A powerful, silent, AND air-cooled GPU is a pipe dream.

>Laptop hard drive failing, makes clicking sounds.
>Buy a mSATA Evo ssd
>Makes high-pitch noise
>Must be faulty, RMA and replace with SATA3 SSD just in case
>Still makes high-pitched noise

Is this just bad luck or is my laptop busted? I can't find anything online about SSD noise and Samsung SSDs seem to have a good reputation.

I am considering going back to a HDD just to end the high-pitched noise.

You probably suffer from small, fast fans. Small motors and fans are much more annoying than large ones.

Try your components in a different computer.

It's resonant noise coming from power filters and capacitors. Either live with them or keep trying different ones until you find one you can't hear.

That's what I'll have to do. Part of the reason I went with sata3 was because I don't have any other machines with mSATA

>tfw they pipe sound from the engine to the cockpit in sports cars for this reason

>air conditioner turns on
>you commit sudoku

>what is watercooling

I know that feel.

Eventually I had to replace all my 7200 rpm drives with SSD's and low rpm drives.

Attached: 1523103946664.gif (381x434, 1.98M)

Never in a proper race car though.
Only in midlife crisis vehicles.

>buy noctua
>its not noisy

Attached: Chitanda02.gif (279x337, 699K)

Where'd you get the wire basket under your desk? I need a new one. My older one was too small.

>open pc
>clean up 2 years worth of dust off the case fans
>pc now runs noticeably quieter, pic related is louder than it
feels good man

Attached: opolar f501.jpg (1000x1000, 129K)

It's from a local retailer in my country (Kjell & Company), but I'm pretty sure IKEA has one aswell.

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30200253/

Attached: 2018-09-22 22.33.23.jpg (1500x846, 315K)

>Implying you can't get it repaired or replaced same day
>Implying you can't plug in another webcam if you're too lazy to take your computer to an Apple store
>Implying anyone with a Mac uses the webcam anyway when they have an iPhone with a better camera that they can use for video calls
Also, the real fallacy here is that the image implies that the same issue doesn't exist for everyone with a mobile device or laptop, regardless of the make and model, which are the majority of devices being used on the internet today.

In short: get fucked, crybaby. Stop being buttmad that you can't afford a mac and your loonix is being taken over by tranny sjw cows so your only option is Michaelsoft Binbows.

>drill a hole in the wall and put his computer in another room
mfw I actually thought about doing this

Attached: gh.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

What gpu do you have ?
On my 1070 at least the fans dont spin at all until it gets to a certain temperature.
Try setting a fan profile if your graphics card has such software so the fans are turned off until it reaches like 60 C or something

>can't replace fans
sucks to be tech illiterate

Smart.

OP.. so, passive cooling?
There are some big heatsinks for this kind of thing.

Build a mineral oil immersion system. The only downside to them is the pain in the dick it is to perform maintenance or change parts, but if you are like me and build a system once, then don't touch it for 5 years, then mineral oil immersion is for you. They sell special cases specifically for this nowadays.

>mineral oil immersion system
How dangerous is this? Does it eat away at the components? How does this not short everything out?

The fan noise actually bothers people? Its the same noise level as a regular fan. I live in a hot area already so I already have fans going on most of the year.

>water block
>now have noisy pump
gg

>watch the big techtubers with subscribers ranging from 200,000-3,000,000 subs
>they build a computer or test a graphics card (specifically reference cards with blower style coolers)
>*fans spin at 2500rpm*
>"Wow it's so quiet"

bitch wtf. Should we ban people over 25 from being techtubers? Since old men have shit hearing

>Never in a proper race car though.
Of course. Those are plenty loud on their own, event the electric ones.
>midlife crisis vehicles
And increasingly in other vehicles.

>How does this not short everything out?
I thought it was common knowledge that oil doesn't conduct.

Old people having shit hearing is because nobody protects their fucking hearing

I used to work in a bar/concert, you bet your ass I wore earplugs every shift. I wear them when I mow the lawn, I wear them when I vacuum. I wear them+earmuffs when I go shooting. Any time I'm going to be exposed to loud noises, I wear earplugs or earmuffs. ALWAYS.

If you're young and you don't do this, you WILL lose your hearing over time. Don't fuck it up.

For me, it isn't the fan noise itself, but rather the air turbulence and such. Especially if a fan is right against a fan grill. Like, the sound wave fluctuates too much or something.

Try it yourself. Hold a computer fan in your hand and it will be super quiet, but as soon as you push it against a honeycomb fan grill, it will not only be louder, but the sound will change aswell.

This is why a computer is much more quiet when you put all your components outside of a case (like just putting them on the table instead).

Some computer fans have a fluctuation sound out of the box aswell. It's hard to describe but here's a video that perfectly describes what I'm talking about. Some fans also become incredibly annoying at specific RPM (let's say that a fan has max speed of 1000RPM and the lowest it can go is 500RPM. But at 600-640RPM it produces a loud noise that goes away if you move away from that RPM range.

youtube.com/watch?v=vsCrdckZE5s

Get fans as big as you can go

some sound frequencies are just awful to listen to vs others

Mineral oil is non-conductive. It will eat rubber though, so do NOT put any rubber in your build. If you put rubber shit in there, it will dissolve into gunk and fuck everything up. Most cable sheathing will stiffen and become brittle when submerged in mineral oil over long periods, unless you get the nice stuff like the cables covered in nylon fabric or whatever.

Common sense dictates that you need to put your components in with the ports facing the top of the case, and don't fill the thing all the way to the top since mineral oil likes to creep up surfaces.

I think some people make custom plexiglass cases specifically for this; if not, a fishtank, some plastic, and a hot glue gun will do you. Oh, and make sure you've got heavy duty radiator with fans on the exterior, if you don't want to use pumps, buy some copper pipe at the hardware store and weld it to a heatsink.

op is brain dead
use decent headphones
my computer under load is like jet engine but still you can block it

Depends how comfortable you are with janky mods. Nobody says you can't take the board out zip-tie a fat twin tower air cooler to it.

Maybe you're sensitive to coil whine.

You're brain dead

>tfw my ears get easily moist when using headphones

I had a Razer headset like 5 years ago that didn't cause my ears to get wet but It broke and they have discontinued it.

Why the fuck are there no headphones like pic related

Attached: Namnlös.png (2304x1296, 42K)

Because that's stupid. Get headphones with velour pads.

just put some of these anti-moisture packets in your headphones nigga

shoe companies use them, so it must work for your ears aswell

Attached: gun-safe-silica-packs[1].jpg (300x279, 9K)

My fans are not that quiet, but I never notice them with my over ear headphones on, when I take them off it's just background noise to me which helps drive away tinnitus anyways.

>build pc
>case comes with 2 nzxt fans (s340 elite)
>turn on pc
>sound nearly shatters my windows
>Throw that shit out and put in silentwings3 +corsair ml12 (for leds)
>configure fan power in bios
>silent like necrophiliacs bride.

You're doing it right, but one shouldn't forget that you will lose your high frequencies anyway. Enjoy the coil whine while you can.

Let's talk about fans. Has anyone tried these Noctua meme fans yet? Noctua said it took them 4 years to make the fan blades sturdy enough to not touch the frame during prolonged use.

As for fan size. I have found that 140mm fans are godly versus 120mm cuck fans. Even the most cheapest 140mm fan are quieter or have a more comfortable sound than even more expensive 120mm fans

Attached: 61906.jpg (1920x1280, 315K)

>still you can block it
With loud music? lol @ your losing strategy.

When my Scythe fan died and I replaced it with a Noctua that was even quieter.
>Even the most cheapest 140mm fan are quieter or have a more comfortable sound than even more expensive 120mm fans
You know fans like you know English, man. A good 120 mm fan will be quieter than a cheap 140 mm fan at < 100% RPM. Get a potentiometer to set the speed right.

>not buying a passive power supply and an AMD Ryzen APU and slapping on a big fucking heatsink on it without fans

Attached: 48[1].jpg (1024x687, 722K)

Just build an enclosure lined with sound absorbing panels, don't forget to leave some speed holes for the air

For passive cooling it's probably better to have distance between the CPU and the GPU even if you have the same TDP.

>not using raspberry pi as your main desktop

thats why i buy low tdp components, im fine with a 35w cpu with a slow fan and a 35w GPU

I am planing to build something like that.
Mini-itx, upcoming ryzen cpu (not 7mm but the one closer with very little power consumption) and pasive cooler to serve as home server. Thing is - I can't find good case that would fit pasive cooler and at least five hdds AND be small enough...

>pc makes loud noises only in the summer
>the moment fall hits all noises cease to exist
Summer is a trash season. Permanent winter when?

Attached: 50 cent sleep.jpg (861x765, 101K)

If fan noise distracts you, the Pi's performance will drive you nuts.

I just kick mine whenever this happens, works every time

I guess I should open it up and move the wire somewhere where it won't even get caught but I don't feel like it

>35w GPU
Which?

Just move to a pole

But there's no good internet.

Who cares if fans are noisy.

more like upgrading to liquid cooling.

sweden has decent internet

Pole here, just stay where you are, my place is small enough as is.

*blocks ur patch*

fractal design node 304

Attached: 223478.b4744d51408fca17753e533913c376de.1600.jpg (1600x1066, 127K)

GT 1030

Just use the integrated graphics at that point

We have 10GBit/s internet options here thanks to Bahnhof (the best ISP in Sweden) And it costs 35USD/month for 6 months and then it costs 50USD/month after that. I bought the 1GBit/s because there's no way in hell that I'm gonna shell out 50000000 dollar for a new switch, router and network card

bahnhof.se/villafiber/

Attached: 7238668699.png (350x200, 20K)

coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/silent-fan-120-si2/
Anything else is a fucking meme
>dirt cheap
>reliable
>quiet
>effective cooling
Strap a few of these bad bois in your case and worry no more about juggling noise and temperature. If they wear out, it's no big deal, they're dirt cheap. And they're not ugly brown

Attached: CMSF120.jpg (290x290, 54K)

Step aside fat fucks

Attached: scythe-slip-stream-slim-low-profile-120mm-fan-1600-rpm-2[1].jpg (640x960, 108K)

Who's that speaking here? Is somebody speaking?

Attached: jsop.jpg (300x300, 10K)

>reliable
They are cheap, quiet, and effective enough, but they're not that reliable in my experience. Mine didn't last that long at least. When they do go, getting a new one isn't that expensive, but it can be effort depending on your case. Meanwhile, the Papst fans that I paid maybe twice as much for, still works, 15 years later.

>>have to buy a new 500 dollar GPU because can't replace fans
what
how does a GPU stop you from taking itsfans off?

>50000000 dollar
wut

Hi tobi

This post is making me think

>>tfw my ears get easily moist when using headphones
I feel that, user. I don't use my ATH-M50Xs much during the hottest months of summer for that reason.

I bet you're also one of these cucks who like silent electric cars.
Own up to your V8 computer user

200 shekels were deposited into your mastershill account

I actually like the sound of fans.

Just bring an electric fan into your room, turn it on high, and have that white noise drown out everything else.

Post a picture of your computer.

>I just kick mine whenever this happens, works every time

Attached: 1537653338630.png (624x951, 891K)