What does Jow Forums think of Waterfox? Is it the redpilled version of Firefox?

What does Jow Forums think of Waterfox? Is it the redpilled version of Firefox?

Attached: waterfox-256.edaff5bc0a0b.jpg (256x256, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/
patreon.com/nmaier
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/06/04/mozilla-announces-225000-for-art-and-advocacy-exploring-artificial-intelligence/
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html
digdeeper.neocities.org/
gnaa.eu/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(law)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

best browser

Bumping for interest

What you forgot to ask is Why?

Is basically Firefox for those who still use the old add-ons and/or dislike the new button design. It's basically Firefox 56 with security patches on top of it.
I use it and it's pretty decent. A bit slower than Firefox due the lack of Quantum shit, but I don't complain about it. The logo is cool too.

Yes. It’s what Firefox should have been.

Still needs improvement. Wish more were more passionate about supporting it.

So... slower?

>A bit slower than Firefox due the lack of Quantum shit
Alex said that most of Quantum‘s code was already integrated by 56 so I wonder if being slower is placebo. O tried running Quantum side-by-side and didn’t notice a difference, but I enabled Servo in Waterfox so that might have something to do with it.

It's basically the old version of Firefox (before ~57), with older extension support, and it's actually maintained.

And the maintainers aren't incompetent retards like Palemoon. I hope the Waterfox devs go far.

Just name 1 (one) add-on that is worth downgrading to Waterfox for.

Attached: 1536272970614.png (500x639, 127K)

Naaa, it's all about Pale Moon anyways.

Attached: Grayscale_Deer_Park_Globe.png (128x128, 14K)

watermeme sucks. the only reason to ever use it was the 64bit build, before mozilla made their own.you're better off using the firefox esr.

DownThemAll

Why do you always lie like this?

Using it, it's alright.

Waterfox is literally a meme

Found the shill.

>redpilled
Yeah that's a yikes from me

It's definitely the best browser outside of ungoogled chromium, the problem with that though is there isnt an android version that has been updated in more than a year. Not that it doesn't have issues on some platforms more than others.
Of course if you work for the CIA or you're just a fat nigger, you might disagree.

it fucking works
also, pic related is nice complementary

github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/

Attached: caa.png (747x319, 33K)

nice larping bros

>>>/leftypol/

Palemoon's way slower than Firefox and Waterfox.

I use an SSD, so boot times are practically the isms in both browsers. Anyway most of the optimizations in both browsers are overshadowed because my internet connection is absolute shit.
By the way, one thing I thank Waterfox for is not including useless shit like Pocket.

The main developer of Palemoon has a history of making a scandal out of the stupidest things possible (such as someone mistyping the browser name, or deliberately blocking certain add-ons) and those scandals have even caused Palemoon to be removed from the repositories of various distros (Slackware is the most recent case).

Shhhhh, he thinks its 2008

Using Waterfox is pretty bluepilled bro.

Based browser

Attached: Screenshot-55372.png (1600x900, 171K)

AHAHAHA ok that was a good one, user

It indeed is redpilled, i.e. retarded

Name one thing about it that’s retarded.

Firefox is fast, reliable and safe.

Waterfox is slow, has old add-ons (who cares).

You have to go back, shill.

i do

Name one thing that's better in Waterfox than the original.

>no u
Nice argument, shill.

I'm not shilling anything you imbecil.

>imbecil

imbecil here.
what's all the rage about waterfox here?

it's literally firefox 56. while firefox grew up

>muh latest versions
kek

Waterfox is good, but I don't really see any differences from normal Firefox, so, I guess i'll stick with Firefox.

>please dont use waterfox user, you must support Mozillas initiatives to fight muh fake news online while we preach about freedom and condemn censorship on our homepage
The CIA called, they said your shift is over for today. They're reassigning you to reddit until you learn how to shill

It's really only better in terms of privacy.

It's open source and isn't partnered with Amazon/CIA to track your shit while you use it
It's practically the same damn thing as Firefox minor that and a few other small things

*blocks your path*

Attached: page-image.9d9d1336abff.png (1200x627, 21K)

>another Mozilla product packed with telemetry that makes money to support AI projects that censor the internet
Wow sign me up

deprecated

Logo looks pretty sexy

>includes all ESR security updates.
>updated as recent as a week ago
Wow rly makes me think.
Sure are a lot of Mozilla employees and trannies online today

you can turn telemetry off

Do you have any evidence at all

I remember using this and my GPU temps went up like crazy.

>he doesn't know how to search "Mozilla AI Fake News" in any search engine
Hmmmmm... user it's been public knowledge for over a year now.

Shits the bed with YouTube and ublock active but perhaps if you aren't watching on a laptop it isn't a big deal. Objectively better than default Firefox.

Why did mozilla abandon all those devs sucks that it's still not pissible. He has made some updates on the situation. patreon.com/nmaier

>he doesnt want fact based news
>he wants news based on opinions

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/

>Shits the bed with YouTube and ublock active
what do you mean? works on my machine

waterfox is goat *fox

Attached: make_c8701095b9c.png (540x517, 249K)

If you put it in full screen mode before the page loads it will kick you back to normal view. Didn't happen when I used chrome. Likely more of an issue with Google being retarded on their page implementation.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/06/04/mozilla-announces-225000-for-art-and-advocacy-exploring-artificial-intelligence/
>Mozilla has supported creative media projects like:
>Chupadados, a mix of art and journalism that examines how women and non-binary individuals are tracked and surveilled online.
>Paperstorm, a web-based advocacy game that lets users drop digital leaflets on cities — and, in the process, tweet messages to lawmakers.
>broken recommendation engines can radicalize YouTube users, promote racism, and spread fake news, it’s more important than ever to support artwork and advocacy work that educates and engages internet users

>"Fact based news"
>These awards are part of the NetGain Partnership, a collaboration between Mozilla, Ford Foundation, Knight Foundation, MacArthur Foundation, and the Open Society Foundation

>NetGain Partnership
>"Artificial Intelligence (AI) is largely being created by young straight white males whose assumptions and unconscious biases are then baked into the algorithms adopted by both industry and government. (As a counterbalance, women, people of color, and non-straight individuals made up the majority of the conference presenters and attendees.)"

>Ford Foundation
>Click "About"
>First header: A Legacy of Social Justice
>pic related

>Knight Foundation
>Projects
>Code 2040
>To support professional development for Black and Latino media entrepreneurs and innovators working in the technology industry.

>Open Society Foundation
>Open Society Foundations, formerly the Open Society Institute, is an international grantmaking network founded by business magnate George Soros.

Wow rly makes me think

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-22 14-01-59.png (1838x516, 1.23M)

>MacArthur Foundation
>Grantmaking supported research, policy, and practical interventions to improve the lives of and protections for immigrants and refugees.
>He doesn't want "fact based news"
>He wasnts news based on "opinions"
Projection is fun

its fucking shit
chromium kicks its ass
the only feature i miss is tree tabs but whatever

>Ungoogled Chromium
ftfy.
Too bad it doesn't have a mobile browser updated since over a year ago though.

>Ungoogled Chromium
kek

that's like "uncattled burger"

Anything that Soros touches is to be avoided no matter how good it is.

>Chromium is better with botnets.
OK there kid.

>anything touched by trannies, niggers, muh refugees, homosexuals, and "non binary" individuals, and Soros
Correct. They all have one agenda only.

So it's slower than the slowest browser in the market. Interesting.

yes

No smart ass comebacks, commie?
No
?
Cmon now. It's not like you people to give up just cause you were caught being full of fucking horseshit

you can't "ungoogle" chromium. kid

digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html
Not him, but I do

>remove all callbacks to google
>Disconnect completely from Chrome extension store and manually download and install extensions so extension framework doesn't even page back to google
how exactly is it not possible to do so? Please explain how google still has their claws in ungoogled chromium, since you know so much about it.

Yes, actually I do. I dont even need to go to third party sources for it. Mozilla is proud of it.

I'm sorry you're retarded.

man, it's like trying to make a nazi out of kike. chromium is meant to be connected with google. just use another browser ffs.

ungoolged-chromium is better, until otter-browser is ready for shitposting.
Surf + dedicated Jow Forums view might also be an option in the future

Try an argument next time. Tell me how it is hooked up to Google and supports their business framework by profiting for them

try wireshark and report back

Palemoon's better on resources, so i'm just going to stick to that.

This is much more philosophical than practical, you can ditch all google calls from chromium, and you should.

>ungoogled chromium
biggest meme ever

sooooo, you can't?

>Shits the bed with YouTube and ublock active
Werks on my machine. You should be using youtube-dl and a media player anyway.

>digdeeper.neocities.org/
faggot

next time try
gnaa.eu/
at least it's not some "anonymous" fat homo

ITT: Jow Forums pretends it's still 2011

Blue pilled and cucked

>no trannies
>no sjws
>no soros
>cucked

>PLEASE don't stop using Mozilla products

There's an unusually high number of assblasted Mozillans here today.

It's literally /leftypol/. They think they run this place.

I use it because it stripped away Pocket integration and various other bullshit that was useless, like Hello.

It's literally based on ESR

He's a CIA nigger communist who's assblasted we're not supporting Mozilla's political initiatives.

still waiting on that wireshark report

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(law)
So am I.

However, since I know you're such a nigger, I'm actually going to do your job for you, but compiling ungoogle-chromium and wireshark from source on a fresh install takes time.

ok. thank you. i'll wait.

back to Jow Forums

If the tranny mods don't b& this thread and ruin both of our fun first...

KYS tranny scum