Graduate with CS degree

>graduate with CS degree
>no real job year later
>work part at library turning computers off at end of day
Where did it all go wrong?

Attached: 1526295425258.jpg (526x701, 50K)

Most companies in CS hire based off experience (Both self-taught and professional), not college education; though they will often list a Bachelor's as a requirement.

My advice is to keep your mind sharp and to keep sending out applications. It's good to be in the habit of checking every day. You'd be surprised, some postings are gone within just a couple days. Also, try to keep in touch with people that might help either get you a job or at least put in a good word for you.

What? Programmers are in demand. Just keep showing up to job interviews. Don't sweat them. If one does not pan out, attend a second, then a third. Honestly, you can't get hired feeling sad at home.

Alternatively, WRITE some code and post it on GitHub. Then you've got yourself an introduction to a job interview. This is how artists do it. To get work, they demonstrate that they can already do the work.

Write code every day. Do hackerrank or build websites or whatever. Just keep doing it.

how do I not let the crushing feelings of rejection get to me?

>>Put in every application you can to everything that requires you touch a computer
>>Even shitty call center jobs

But more importantly, make contacts

>>Find out which bar/bars normies go to friday evening after a "hard day" at the office
>>Make passes and listen in on conversations of groups of people, they can't help but fucking talk about work 100 percent of the time
>>Literally just come up and sit with them once everyone seems drunk and friendly enough
>>Just happen to mention how you are qualified for whatever tech job, but can't find one
>>Get offered foot in the door position by whomever
>>Work your way up while gaining experience

You could also try to find tech-based meetups in your area and meet people there. You basically just have to meet enough people to where you can find one person to let you get your foot in the door.

Do i have to give them a firm handshake first gramps?

post your github

yeah... you know exactly where you went wrong

Attached: github.png (800x665, 35K)

still better than lifting heavy shit at a construction site stop crying you entitled faggot.

getting a job is like getting a woman. it's a numbers game. trying to get the "right one" is a fool's errand.

That's unironically how I did it for my job. [spoiler]Although my dad got me the contact through the company he works at[/spoiler]

you need to budget better. i suggest the total money makeover by dave ramsey.

>trouble finding job
>"you need to budget better"
???

Be willing to relocate to undesirable locales and pay absurd rents.
Also, keep practicing for a few years.
You will most likely be employed by 25-30.

>gramps

Have fun failing at job interviews and life in general because you lack the basic human ability to at least pretend to connect with people

People don't hire based on merit, they hire based on how much they personally relate with the person they're hiring.

A hiring manager's ultimate goal is to hire a clone of himself, because he is the smartest person in the world, so the more like him someone is, the smarter they are.

I assume you are not good with girls too

If you weren't a lazy bum you would already have at least 2 years of professional experience by the time you end college.

Stop recommending posting code on a Microsoft owned platform.

>Where did it all go wrong?
you forgot to do:
>interhsips
>networking
>practice
>portfolio

Go to a therapist or something geeze

most CS students cannot network or interview for shit

you need to start with your eyes on the prize during your younger years

freshman year: focus on studies
sophomore year: studies, but towards end of fall, focus on career center and mock interviews. in spring, apply for internship interviews (especially through career portal)
junior year: if you haven't asked for faculty recommendation letters by know do, and apply for internships. continue interviewing for another internship
senior year: start the year off strong with a resume review at your college's career center. go to the career center and woo people. interview a ton. if you aren't a total fuckup you will have a job offer before the end of december to start after you graduate

Attached: wojak.jpg (601x508, 28K)