Is all this Linux shit making anyone else want to switch to Mac?

Is all this Linux shit making anyone else want to switch to Mac?

Attached: os-x-el-capitan.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

No

yes

why do triggered Jow Forums snowflakes refuse to touch things infected by the 'cooties' of people they don't agree with, despite no actual changes to the code

I don't know about you but I wouldn't stick my dick in aids.

Fpbp

A nuke is incoming

Attached: 1537652082159.jpg (765x573, 105K)

No
kys for thinking that

A-a-atleast it's U-unix...

why

Mac isn't a viable alternative to Linux IMO. Linux is the best of the best, from a not-botnet and not-spying-on-my-ass standpoint. If you're already running Linux, and you like it, then anything else will be a step down.

MacOS is better than Windows, but I think it still has telemetry. And Jow Forums hates it because it is only officially supported on mac hardware, and any update can break a hackintosh setup.

tl;dr: if you're running linux already, there's not any reason to switch to OSX. It's a downgrade, but not as much of a downgrade as switching to windows would be.

already did

> Dr

Attached: 9F59ECB3-0817-414A-922E-3F1609BCE7CC.png (1024x752, 49K)

Linux being shit made me switch to OSX years ago.
>installing a package doesn't break my whole OS WTF

and of course astroturfing but linux threads get deleted

some people have principles, faggot

>proprietary
no

Can you:
>Using a twm in OSX?
>Use a good package manager in OSX?
>Uninstall any and all unnessesary programs and features in OSX?
>Can you at least disable unnessesary features in OSX?
>Can you use OSX without an Apple account, or iSomething account? Do you in any way need to log into the OS using some form of an external account?
>Can you use GNU coreutils?
>Can you swap the WM?

Principles of "I refuse to run code written by people who don't say nigger"?
Just run templeos and be done with it

>>Can you use GNU coreutils?
yeah that’s a big YIKES from me

>Linux fags actually believe this shit

Most of those are a yes, user...

>>Using a twm in OSX?
Not sure
>>Use a good package manager in OSX?
There's brew, can't say if it's good or not, it has some essential packages I need that I get from debian, though it's fewer considering companies typically make dedicated apps for mac rather than go through brew
>>Uninstall any and all unnessesary programs and features in OSX?
Yeah you can remove a ton, and a lot is disabled on, for example, Safari, for the sake of safety
>>Can you at least disable unnessesary features in OSX?
Really open question, you can do a fair bit of tinkering through settings
>>Can you use OSX without an Apple account, or iSomething account? Do you in any way need to log into the OS using some form of an external account?
Very much yes
>>Can you use GNU coreutils?
Yeah I think so
>>Can you swap the WM?
It's difficult if you don't download something to do it, but yeah

I switched to all Mac a couple years ago. Kinda funny story I would make fun of my friend about how he was an isheep. Then I started a computer business repairing iPhones and fixing computers of all types and Remote Maintenace and Mangament. I had to learn the Apple ecosystem so I could work on Apple stuff. I ended up hating windows and android/google with a passion.

no because they have ancient packages and are shit for games

>Using a twm in OSX?
Yes
>Use a good package manager in OSX?
Yes, brew was decent on my experience.
>Uninstall any and all unnessesary programs and features in OSX?
AFAIK you can't uninstall most of the default programs.
>Can you at least disable unnessesary features in OSX?
Depends on the feature.
>Can you use OSX without an Apple account, or iSomething account? Do you in any way need to log into the OS using some form of an external account?
Yes, you don't need an account at all.
>Can you use GNU coreutils?
yes
>Can you swap the WM?
No, but you can run another WM on top of it and never touch the default one.

The SJWs are useful idiots. This is a way for glow-in-the-darks to kick out obstinate kernel devs and start sneaking backdoors into the code. The obnoxious language policing is the tip of the iceberg.

Windows 10 WITH TELEMETRY BROKEN

>answering something with a "i think so"
kys

it doesnt have telemetry unless you opt in

There's been proprietary blobs since 1996, we've had backdoors for decades

Linux GPL marxists are literally controlled opposition for Microsoft and Apple.
Notice how despite shit tons of corporate money going into it, all we have are a bunch of fragmented, brittle distros with duplicated effort and shitty hacks to be compatible with everyday software.
Reich OS will be made out of PureDarwin and will have a BSD license.

cope

>Uninstall any and all unnessesary programs

Since OSX Capitan you have to disable System Integrity Protection via Terminal command for uninstalling default apps. In some cases (for instance app store, calendar etc.) it might also
be harmful to the OS itself to delete them.

>Designing a Unix system in a way that uninstalling GUI applications breaks other parts of the OS.

Call me a CIA nigger but this would perfectly explain how and why shills try to turn easily influencable people off from BSD systems by calling the BSD license the "cuck" license. The kids and teens around these parts put way too much focus on social projection instead of actually getting work done.
I don't know what the solution to the OS wars will be but at least we now know the cancer that is at the center of ruining advancement in the Linux ecosystem.

It's just generally "not supported" by apple to delete default apps. Probably so dumbfuck users don't throw their preciuos itunes in the basket acidentally. I don't know if it really breaks the OS in some cases.

HURD

no

No, but I'm thinking about using Haiku.

Attached: haiku os.png (600x315, 30K)

>getting work done
>*BSD

yeah right

If you're a developer then GNU/Linux is way better for an environment, followed by or sometimes equaled by macOS. You can also use both these OSs to watch a (((Netflix))) or (((Amazon))) streaming video on a break, something you cant do with any *BSD. It's true that if you just need vim and a sane compiler *BSD will be just as good as a Linux based OS, but that's such a low bar, and *BSD is not going to be "better" for it than GNU/Linux

If you require proprietary programs or games Windows is the best, but macOS is serviceable (for programs, not games). Linux has some proprietary programs/games, but BSD has almost none.

Fuck off Tim cuck
No one is that desperate yet. We're going to fight this out or just go to dragonflybsd. No one needs a Mac or iOS turds

Since updates go through App Store, makes sense that some features break by removing App Store. Same with applications that depend on the library features of itunes and iphoto. Stuff like Spotlight also depend on certain applications to provide certain types of content in search results.

Agreed. But, on the other hand, why the fuck do SJW and LGBTBBQ people have to invade in everyone's interest? Don't they know that forced inclusion does more damage than good? Seriously, these people are the lowest forms of life on this planet.
It's like a person with stage 4 cancer because the person didn't care to treat something that was avoidable. And it seems we're that person.

Attached: 1521938072732.jpg (1920x1080, 1.28M)

>Not creating the app store as a frontend to a package manager

if you faggots would spend more then 10 minutes actually using osx instead of bitching about apple maybe you'd figure out that it's actually a great unix system that is mostly customizable to what you want.

Attached: 1506915716582.jpg (800x800, 186K)

It was great 10 years ago, but shit like this makes it a nightmare for me.

i'm running hackintosh. is gud.

I think All of the major systems have clearly regressed during the past 10-20 years, but I don't think OS X have regressed to the same degree as Windows and GNU/Linux. It will catch up soon enough tho, which is a shame. Their hardware has obviously gone to shit, so using OS X can be a bit of a bother due to the hardware (either a bother due to shit official hardware, or due to running it on an unsupported system).

Been using OSX since PPC arch back in 2003. Linux is great for specialized components like routers, file servers, test machines, hacker boxes. Not suitable for home use desktop or laptop environment. I ditched after getting a wifi kernel module pushed without being tested. Broke my laptop wifi and that was that. Dunzo.

The reality is that everyone "uses" a mix anyway - Linux on appliances, Windows at work/home, OSX at home.

Who do you think STARTED the SJW movement?

Attached: 1529137671981.png (656x846, 465K)

OMG code of conduct WTF abort abort.

Attached: 1506879657888.gif (300x266, 3.43M)

this is white in america lol

neck yourself shill

Yes

Apple is led by a gay

>t. mactoddler

no

>unironically using fagOS

Attached: 18vd8ax70k2ztjpg.jpg (800x452, 59K)

Why do I get the feeling all your Jow Forums faggots just like fancy looking terminals and pretending you're not part of the "botnet" instead of actually caring about the kernel development

>ending the meritocracy and replacing it with muh fee fees is going to improve kernel development

good code doesn't care what colour your skin is or what genitalia you have (or wish you had)

this is a bad development for the Linux kernel. Quality will decrease because Linus (or whoever replaces him) will be afraid of rejecting patches from "oppressed" contributors.

Need to login into Apple account to install/update xcode

I switched to hackintosh from windows 7 because windows 8 sucked dick. haven't looked back since

>unironically using fagOS

you mean linkeks?

Attached: lincucks.jpg (1000x667, 32K)

What sort of intellectually lazy and morally bankrupt person do you have to be in order to resent that other people actually act on principles you're too stupid to understand? Oh, right.

Attached: 558.jpg (700x734, 119K)

STALLMAN IS ALWAYS RIGHT BABY!

Attached: Yu_Yu_Hakusho_005_Yusukes_Resurrection_A_New_Trial_BluRay960pDual_Audio.mkv_snapshot_13.00_2018.09.2 (1280x960, 132K)

No because I don't want to be locked to apple's hardware. And don't start on hackintosh.

yes

Gaming on a Mac is not terrible nowadays, there's a good selection on Steam, Mac App Store and Good Old Games. Due to the much more limited number of Mac specs in service, they're all fairly well-optimised across different generations of machine depending on who's ported them. The downside is that some of the big AAA titles can take a year or more to materialise, the upside is that when they do you can wait for a sale and grab an edition with all the extras the console and PC early adopters had to preorder/pay out the ass for, for around $10.

Games I've recently played on Mac include Alien: Isolation, Witcher 2 and 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

You spelled OpenBSD wrong.

>he thinks we don't contribute
Mmmmk, well I don't think any Jow Forumsack is going to dox themselves on github just to impress some tranny nigger faggot on Jow Forums, so I don't know why you keep parroting this meme.

>Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
How was it?

I mean, if a radical leftist tells me they support Firefox because they like the political initiatives of the Mozilla and the Open Society Foundation (Soros), I will happily call them a faggot, which they are, because they are also my enemy, but I wouldn't be so fucking braindead to not understand *why* they do it. I understand leftists and their motivations pretty well.
I think these niggerfaggots CHOOSE to avoid trying to understand our principles because they know deep down their own beliefs are built on piles of unstable trash and shit. On a surface level they're worried they'll get "brainwashed".
It's like, I was reading an article on Ars Technica for the fuck of it, and the guy went to a flat earth convention and actually didn't ridicule and ignore everyone and was willing to listen to them and see if they actually had any sound theories. He was genuinely surprised that the people there weren't as retarded as he thought they were, and that they used a lot of logical and scientific basis for their ideas. (No he didn't convert, and I'm not a flat earther, this is just an example).
People are afraid to challenge their own beliefs about the world around them. The mind naturally puts up resistance to ideas and revelations that could dramatically affect the individuals world-view, and the bigger the potential change is, the bigger the resistance to that will be, because it is very traumatic for a person to do that. It risks destroying a lot of mental framework.
The person you're replying to was simply coddled and spoonfed a frame of reality that he has invested himself into so deeply that he depends on that frame of reality never breaking, to maintain his mental sanity, station in life, relationships with friends and family, etc etc, that he is too much of a pussy ass fucking bitch to ever threaten that with intellectual curiosity.

"program name" can't be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store

i left the apple world and now i hate apple and everything coming out from them

the ceo of apple is a fag you do know that right? there are 4 good operating systems right now; openbsd, templeos, freedos, and openindiana.

Looks absolutely beautiful, is completely unfinished. You walk through a door and the game literally ends. Also only one hub which is fucking shameful for a Deus Ex game, but the level of detail in that one hub is pretty stunning. If you want something to ogle at graphically, go for it. If you want an actual good game with a satisfying story, wait for Human Revolution Director's Cut to go on sale for $7 again.

haha, no.

>im totally contributing to kernel github!!1

Attached: 1478685839779.jpg (1200x654, 89K)

I did the hackintosh thing

It's slow as shit. Chrome is laggier and I'm forced to use Firefox to watch anything on Netflix at 1080p because Safari keeps throwing out an error. I thought this was the OS for normies

i would rather stop using computers before using macs

I'd switch to Mac if they made them affordable. I'm too poor to pay premium for a brand.

/v/teens and Jow Forumsshitters should be euthanized

Attached: 1537692590566.png (973x1033, 734K)

have you seen any competent coder autisticly screetching about linus and the linux foundation because they dont accept their code cause its too shitty?

no

I think precisely the opposite. While it does look good, the characters animations are pretty amateurish (although Bethesda is still in business, so who cares really). I thought gameplay wise it was actually better than HR. Also while it ends in an absolute cliffhanger I don't see what you mean with "you walk through a door and the game literally ends", you end up doing more to get slightly different endings than "press button receive ending" from HR.

Why would I buy retarded overpriced crap that I'm not allowed to do anything with nor upgrade? And if I do want to do something I gotta pay some faggot shmuck in the apple store 200 usd for it? Man fuck off.

Not to the Linux Kernel, no. I'm not contributing to a tranny's project. Why does it seem so hard to believe? Are you so mentally challenged that the thought of contributing to driver updates on smaller projects is just too hard to wrap your head around? It's not really. Takes a few weeks to do if you have the hardware and the datasheets.

>>>/leftypol/
The CIA called, they're pulling you off the Mozilla shill project and sticking you on reddit again.

It's attention whoring. And a subset are about power.

You could put these two groups along with vegans into the definition for narcissistic.

They're just braindead faggot pawns for alphabet soup agencies to manipulate.

Don't try games on hackintosh, because that well-optimised thing just falls apart. A 280X can barely move fucking human revolution on it and Rise of the Tomb Raider can only be played decently on the lowest settings. Perhaps real macs do better (I don't know why they would, to be honest) but I have had nothing but bad experiences with anything graphical on hackintosh, always getting stuttering where I don't want it and lower performance across the board that even linux these days doesn't really mess up that much (except for tearing).

>If you want an actual good game with a satisfying story, wait for Human Revolution Director's Cut to go on sale for $7 again.
I'd rather have a decent game with an amazing story. HR was entertaining, but I don't think it holds a candle to the original.

Hmmm, now I'm curious to play it and see who I agree with more.

Fuck no.
Mac is just worse in every way.
But I did the unthinkable yesterday. Recently I bought a copy of NieR: Automata via gaben's income redistribution scheme hoping that volvo's new Linus Play feature would let me play it on my "dated" hardware.
I was wrong. Japs can't port shit and although half the major windows bugs were gone, the poor performance was still there except this time you can't use mods like FAR to fix it on linux.
After playing the game for two hours before performance took a turn for the worse (I was getting 5fps at times, and the game physics are locked to FPS) I decided that principles could go out of the window for the first time in 5 years and decided to re-install windows on my desktop PC.
I was hoping it would all take an hour or two to get running, but in the end it took about 6 hours.
Why is windows so shit? Seriously.
I couldn't get an iso from the website, I got some weird error when I entered my license key. So I downloaded one from tpb.
After flashing the iso to a USB stick I noticed the iso was DVD only.
I tried following some instructions to make the ISO work on a flash drive which didn't work.
I eventually burned a DVD and plugged my CD/DVD drive back into my desktop PC.
I boot using the DVD and 5 minutes later windows tells me that it can't create a primary system partition for some unknown reason and tells me to check the log. What log?
After finding the log I discover that you can't install windows to a disk which isn't your boot disk.
Alright, I fix that, windows installs.
Eventually I am booted up and I install novideo drivers and a real web browser and updates.
Reboot, windows tells me I should get SP1.
Try to follow their instructions for windows update, can't find the KB. Fuck it, I just do it manually.
More time later, steam is installing NieR: Automata. Why is file allocation taking so long? This didn't happen on linux. Why is the download intermittent?
This wasn't even half of it...

>using proprietary software
if you're already doing it, that's one thing, but I'm not going to reverse the progress I made

Thank you, this fucking MacOS shilling is getting retarded.
>Hey guys I know a tranny took over Linux, so why not try the OS run by a homosexual!!!!
>All you gotta do is buy all new hardware that is excessively overpriced, and soldered together at every joint so you can't repair it!

Works on my PS4

LMFAO, I fucking love this board sometimes.

So some vague thread tells me this might be hard drive performance. But I'm using an SSD.
I google some fucking tutorials on how to make SSDs perform on windows. I follow the steps, get to enabling ACPI, blue screens.
No registry fix prevents the blue screen. I give up on ACPI.
Eventually I give up and just let steam finish. Something which took 40 minutes on linux took 2 hours and 40 minutes on windows.
Now I try to get FAR working. The fucking installer doesn't work for whatever fucking reason. I install the KB it tells me to and then I try to install VC++ 2015... "Unspecified error."
Check the log, google random shit, eventually I figure out that I need to download some fucking random KB which you can't install normally, you have to extract the cabs and dism them.
Alright, VC++ 2015 is working.
FAR still doesn't work. Apparently more KBs needed to be installed.
Finally at midnight the day I set out to do this, the fucking game works.

This is the day when I came to the conclusion that Linux is shit, Windows is worse and OSX is for hipsters.

This was the day when I realised that owning a black box games console would have saved me an afternoon.
But fuck that, I'm not spending that much money to play ONE game.

>Switching to a SJW operating system because Linux adopted a CoC

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1462x2046, 98K)

>Is all this Linux shit making anyone else want to switch to Mac?
No