Be me

>be me
>read "Linux just werks" all the time
>not believing it but trying it anyway
>want to run Wayland
>installing proprietary drivers, setting kernel parameters etc
>finally get to run Wayland on nVidia
>can't play videos
>the absolute fucking state of Linux which is being used by weebfagging anime watching neckbeards who try to masquerade themselves as experts by making shit difficult as fuck

>weebfaging freetards pointing at nvidia
>nvidia pointing at weebfagging freetards
I don't give a shit whose fault it is. I only know that my 1080ti is better performing than any AMD card and I want it to fucking work on a system that isn't using that outdated piece of shit called X which requires you to enable "ForceFullCompositionPipelin" which in turn lowers general performance just so you have a tearing free experience.

Don't even bother replying, I won't read your shitty excuses (freetards are experts when it comes to excuses) anyway. Go, spend your time watching little anime girls you fat neckbeards.

Attached: index.jpg (274x184, 7K)

>nvidiafag fanboying
How is the gpu wars going little one?

Works on my machine.
Dont waste your time in a system you are not capable to use.
Btw nice blog.
A thread died for this.

Attached: IMG-20180920-WA0003.jpg (720x949, 155K)

>gayming
Never understood why gametards can't use two operating systems... Just use windows for gayming and then linux for everything else. Unless you like shitty bloat and telemetry

>2017+1
>using an OS cucked by SJWs

>nvidia
>linux
>wayland
Pick one, you absolute retard. And go bitch to nvidia for creating their own special snowflake API instead of actually following the standard.

It's fascinating how people seemingly have problems with pretty basic tasks. I always wonder what distro you have to choose in order to make your life this difficult.

Sounds like a problem with the wetware

Attached: Boomer_PC.jpg (633x640, 47K)

Should've used gnu/hurd

It's literally nvidia's fault for being special snowflake faggots that refuse to follow kernel APIs. AMD doesn't have this problem.

>I want it to fucking work on a system that isn't using that outdated piece of shit called X which requires you to enable "ForceFullCompositionPipelin" which in turn lowers general performance just so you have a tearing free experience.
You could just use a compositor like compton (which would probably cause a smaller hit on performance, but then vsync will always negatively impact it) if you like shit, or just set vblank_mode for software you want to run with vsync without losing performance on anything else.

lol where would anyone ever read "Linux just werks"

>Don't even bother replying, I won't read your
Boy, this sure takes me back.
Usenet *sssiipp* now there was a platform.

You probably installed Ubuntu because someone 10 years ago called it the 'noob distro'
Ubuntu is dead, long live Manjaro

Probably in a pre-ssd world it took way too long for that. Poorfags with HDD only too

This is what I do, heavily modified Windows 10 for gaming and a few Windows-only programs, Debian for productivity and Arch for the rest. I keep them all on different SSDs so they don't interfere with eachother and I can switch from one to the other in under a minute.

>Company is at fault for not spoon-feeding tards who want to use a platform on which their products weren't supposed to be used im the first place.

mint + nvidia proprietary
just works and it is comfy, desu
>Wayland
why, also what distro?

Attached: 43dghx1ewl711.jpg (425x509, 28K)

>knows that nvidia doesn't play well with wayland
>there isn't even any reason to run wayland over x
>still tries it
>cries when it doesn't work
you're not very smart, are you?

>didn't install Ubuntu

Why do you scrubs do this to yourselves?

Linux user here, offering my two cents.

I literally only use it because I have a Chromebook and I'm too dumb to figure out how to get a Windows virtual machine running.

Not OP but X is unironically a vulnerability in itself. There's nothing point in using Linux over Windows if you use X . Also input lag n shit. X really is shit.

Different Nvidia fanboy here saying this retards problem is installing Wayland instead of using his default dm when he didn't know shit about Linux

Citation needed on all these points desu. There's no reason why X should be a significant security risk or cause input lag. So far I haven't seen anything the Wayland does to be worth dealing with particularly for nvidia users

Linux has always been like this. Freetards are poor, so they have 20 year-old computers that it might, possibly, "just werk" on. Try anything made this millennium though, and tragedy strikes rapidly.