A 10% tariff starts on Monday that goes to 25% on January 1

old.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/9hz3t7/tariffs_on_computer_parts_start_monday/

> A 10% tariff starts on Monday that goes to 25% on January 1.

FUCK YOU DRUMPF & GOP

STOP MAKING MY PC PARTS MORE EXPENSIVE

Attached: me74kTZ4ScuOYqTd.jpg (1172x660, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ustr.gov/sites/default/files/enforcement/301Investigations/Final Second Tranche.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ttr1ne_InD0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How dare you criticise the most pro Israel president of all time? Fucking antisemite

Can't they manufacturer in taiwan again? or hopefully they can move to thailand or the phillipines or some other developing country

>child mad that he cant spend 1200 on his toy while we fight the good fight against those bug men Chinese

>we

Um, excuse me sweetie, did you enlist?

>10% tariff on Chinese parts

This will actually save Americans money you moron. Chinese products are trash and you'll eventually forced to buy them twice. The less Chinese junk there is in Walmart the better it will be for our country.

I haven't read about it but I don't think it's a tariff on the entire components themselves. Probably a tariff on the amount of steel/copper/gold/whatever shit they decided. So whatever the raw cost of certain materials in each component is what the tariff % is on, not that the entire component.

Could be wrong but working with other dealings with China recently that was the case.

>let China run rampant with unfair trade practices so that dumb gaymers can get slightly less gouged
Um, no, sweetie.

>I haven't read about it
Clearly not, you stupid fuck.
ustr.gov/sites/default/files/enforcement/301Investigations/Final Second Tranche.pdf
>Electronic integrated circuits: processors and controllers
>Electronic integrated circuits: memories
>Electronic integrated circuits: amplifiers
>Electronic integrated circuits: other
>Parts of electronic integrated circuits and microassemblies

Stupid fucking DRUMPF.

FUCK DRUMFP AND WHITE PEOPLE

Attached: 1458619158688.jpg (461x533, 130K)

No one gives a shit about Chinese electronics. Let them move to Taiwan, Korea or back to the US.

Having Asia build newly circuit boards and other electronics is a national security risk.

>Raising tariffs on things you can't locally produce

Drumpf driving America straight into bankruptcy.

Hopefully they move to MY developing country so I can have cheaper parts.

>Being a superpower without the ability to make circuit boards and other electrical components

Do you live in a world where war never existed?

What is it?

>you can't locally produce
Aren't PNY and Nvidia's cards assembled in NJ?
youtube.com/watch?v=ttr1ne_InD0

You don't enlist for this kind of fight, we get forced into it.

I don't think we have any factories capable of mass producing any modern tech. We are talking about being able to manufacture 7nm chips and our increasing need of ram.

Muh ram is already 12$ a gig, now it's gonna go up to 15$. I miss the days when you could get ram for 5-6$ a gig. How can I host my dedicated Minecraft servers now?

Honestly I'm hoping that we don't see any difference in nvidia cards and it fucks nvidias profits rather than fucking our wallets.

they cant move to Philippines. cost to barrier, protectionism laws, and high electricity rates. don't try manufacturing business here. in fact more semiconductor companies are leaving since the start of 2000.. this will remain a banana republic forever.

>murrikan shit is of higher quality than chink shit

Look at fluke vs a chink meter

Brazil.

I don't think PNY manufactures their parts from scratch, they get their memory and chips and shit from other countries in Asia like the majority of US countries and then just put them together in America. Idk about all of their products, but I'd assume they get all the memory for their SD cards and SSDs and shit like that from actual memory companies like Samsung.

So what burger shit are the chinks putting tariffs on ?

HAHAHA
NOW YOU WILL BE PAYING A LOT LIKE US EUROPOORS DO
BASED BLUMPF

fpbp

/thread?

Not just murrican, but Japanese, European, even fucking Taiwanese parts and equipment are built better. China is good at quality control to the absolute bare minimum. Want more? Pay more, maybe you get. Better off somewhere else.

Taiwan is too expensive nowadays for most manufacturing jobs, either they move to Mexico and Brazil or just stay in China
They will stay in China since even with the new tariffs it's pretty much impossible to justify moving to Mexico, much less Brazil
The Jews that Trump loves so much will benefit from further gouging prices while the rest of the population pays like the good goyim they're

Fluke has been trash since the last two decades, chink meters are equally good and much better value until you get into the TOTL extremely overpriced Fluke kikery
git gud fucking boomer

But the components on the GPUs from China are sourced globally as well. Like Vega GPUs being made on 14nm in GloFos New York based fab 8.

>they get their memory
Micron and Western Digital both produce nand in the US :^)

>We are talking about being able to manufacture 7nm
Most of the leading edge fabs are in the US, Trump wants to get the chink sweatshops where they solder big discrete components by hand back to the US

Fluke meters are absolutely bombproof, but if you spend a similar amount on chinkshit you might get something of similar quality.

You can get bombproof chink meters for half the price you pay for a comparable chink meter

I executed your post in my mind and quickly reached the precision of my hardware. The result was bombproof chink meters are free. What a deal.

Fuck China and fuck you.
There's parts made in countries that don't want us dead.

Attached: goback.jpg (396x382, 48K)

more and more stuff will start moving to vietnam

comparable Fluke meter*

Hopefully when the basic wage is $10 a month

>Enlist.
>Trade war.
You do understand that this kind of war doesn't actually involve any physical fighting do you? This is the kind of war that no army known to man can survive in the long run. This is the kind of war that actually accomplishes large scale, long term, change. This is the power of capitalism. You can ask the Soviets about it.

Attached: nasdaq.jpg (600x400, 79K)

trade wars sure do accomplish large-scale, long-term change. Namely, they make everyone worse off than they were before.

why don't you make them in USA? :^)

>not knowing most PC parts come from Taiwan, Japan, and Korea

I wonder who that tariff money will go to?

Attached: intel jew.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Finally im literally angry how the fuck is american parts more cheaper than here literally beside china

Why not "fuck you china?" you must be a chink or a liberal or both.

My supplier for work is moving its factories back to Taiwan.

Vietnam is the correct answer. China will get cucked as more and more companies move to Vietnam.

utterly and completely false. The american school of economics made us the worlds super power. It relied heavily on protectionist trade policies. You liberal arts majors just never really studied anything in college.

China didn't start this.

Good. Maybe people will start making reliable and competitive priced components in the US again.

If everything is becoming automated, then whats the point of having the plants across the globe then having them shipped here instead of just making them here?

Oh no! you won't be able to play good games that require those expensive games such as

>liberal arts majors
A bunch of retards that shouldn't have been permitted to waste colleges' time.

Chinese trash needs to have a 100% tarrif because all those retards in China are good at is stealing European tech.

The same goes for the braindead morons at Intel who outsourced their tech to Israel.

>AMDefects bragging about how their next gpu series is going to match the 1080ti's performance, while being significantly cheaper
>25% tariffs go into effect before AMD can release any cards
>the AMD cards will lose their price to performance value to the USED condition, non-tariffed Pascal cards flooding the market
>mfw I have already futureproofed my system against tariffs

Attached: AMDSuicideWatch.png (886x604, 502K)

>If everything is becoming automated, then whats the point of having the plants across the globe then having them shipped here instead of just making them here?
That equipment for that automation is cheaper to buy in china also its just cheaper and easier in general to manufacture in china as making shit is a big part of there economy so there is lots of infrastructure to get something going easily.
Even factoring in shipping (which is really cheap, hell you can rent a super carrier for the same price as renting a Lamborghini) its just cheaper to make things in china

Your goal is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Trade benefits both sides, which is why the world moved away from protectionism in the first place. You're saying you'd rather America have $20 and China have $10, as opposed to America and China both having $100, because with the former we're "winning". You're literally trying to "win" a Pyrrhic victory.

It's not Chink shit, all major companies have factories in China because it's cheaper. It's not like they'll all relocate to California or whatever, makes no difference.

No it doesn't you retard. How does trade benefit both sides when one side uses slave labor at the decree of a communist autocracy. Are you fucking braindead?

People like you should shoot themselves.

When I read from COM buffer does the data get removed from buffer?

He's got that bitch basic youtube feelgood tier of political knowledge with a modern college level of critical thought process.

If they didn't think themselves better off by making and selling the shit, they wouldn't make it. If US buyers of it didn't think they were better off by buying it, they wouldn't buy it. They could have chosen not to make it and we could have chosen not to buy it, none of this shit's anything but voluntary. The fact that trade happens at all, let alone on such a massive scale (and with plenty of places other than China) proves that it benefits everyone that participates in it - if there wasn't a benefit, it wouldn't have happened.

the problem is the benefits are short term at best.

So, how are those mentally deficent working class amerimutts spinning this to make themselves feel validation?

public class Jewishness {
public static void main(String[]args){
System.out.println("the Jews are behind this");
}
}

China uses slave labor you fucking braindead mutant. You're defending the use of slave labor in a system you define as a free market.

How the fuck can legalized slavery enforced by the state ever be considered a free function of a free market where all parties are acting in their own self interest?

Are all parties acting in their own self interest? No.

End your life you braindead subhuman vile animal.

The meaning of "slavery" is not "doing work for less money than I would demand to do that work", user.

>trade benefits everybody because both parties walk away happy!
Lt's take a step back and ask ourselves how easy it is to make a profit from a fool, and then we're going to analyze your intent.

China's been ripping us off on trade and stealing american industry for years. China has no respect for human life or the environment. They devalue their currency and do not play fair. It's payback time.

I'm Taiwanese and I approve of this tariff.

Sure it is retard. The labor theory of value isn't the only necessity to create slavery. The law as it exists to deny you any innate right, that are wholly self evident, is more than sufficient to consider those humans as slaves.

At least he built the wall,
and Mexico paid for it, too

Trying to protect people from their own decisions wouldn't be a very good idea even if it worked, which it doesn't.

It actually does work which is why democracy as a system works only until it doesn't. The belief that democracy is a new and ideal concept is the most idiotic lie that is consume by pseudo intellectual morons and spewed from their bastardly mouths as if we're law.

Try to defend the founding of our country and the ownership of slaves in the same light as democracy. You will realize the democracy you have been force fed is only a vile lie and in itself a form of mob rule.

Cummins power gen techs only use Fluke meters because they have the fastest response and most accurate read outs compared to the average Chinese meter.

If the only car mechanic in a town charged prices so high everyone (most people at least, from a financial standpoint) would have to go broke to pay the bill, how does the society of that town benefit? Is it ok for that mechanic to do business in such a way if nobody knows they're being ripped off? What economic effects has that car shop burdened the town with?

Inversely, how has China's currency manipulation and strongarm government labor tactics effected other societies? Their own?

Is free trade really beneficial without a moral culture to keep it in check?

There's no difference between Fluke meters and chink meters, both are quite accurate, there's been plenty of comparisons about this for years now
Since the advent of cheap single chips integrating almost everything it's pretty hard to make an inaccurate meter

gee that sounds bad! If only the people of that town were free to go to the mechanic the next town over, instead of having to only patronize the one within their borders...

>why is american tech industry so shit
>why are there no jobs for college graduates here
>wait, dont make my video card 20$ more expensive BLUMPF NO

It's a hypothetical to explain the point. In that little imaginary universe there is only one town with one mechanic shop.

Please try to stay on target instead of flaunting a false superiority.

Lmao. Go use chink meters when you're testing 13k volts. Are you fucking stupid or something?

QC alone would make you disregard chink meters period. No fucking electrical worth their salt in this country is using any chink meter.

You're a fucking retarded clueless zombie.

Sure, but having a an extremely Jewish company's backdoored chips in a majority of computers is just fine.

>You do understand that this kind of war doesn't actually involve any physical fighting do you?
It's true, a trade war does not involve any physical fighting. But trade wars do have a tenancy to escalate.

It is valuable to study history and the stock market crash and financial crisis in the 1920s and the trade wars and the deflation in the 1930s. How did this end? Were the early 1940s peaceful?

Attached: 20160419_steel.jpg (961x506, 121K)

So in this hypothetical little town nobody else can learn to be a mechanic? Ever, at all?

The US could learn to "be a mechanic" and set up its own factories for stuff that it currently buys from China, so your analogy isn't really relevant. The reason the US doesn't is because there's no benefit to us from doing that, other than winning a pissing contest with our current mechanic. It's both cheaper and easier to let China make the stuff and then buy it from them.

If you respond to that by complaining about short-termism and lower quality and the like, what you're really saying is that other people prefer to buy different things than you personally would like them to buy, and how dare they?! They need to be forced into making the decisions you think are correct, obviously! Some Chinese stuff is of perfectly acceptable quality. Of the stuff that is less so, people are free to decide that they don't need any more than that level of workmanship, and that they might as well save the money. Who are you (or the government, for that matter) to tell them that that's wrong?

yeah, if only you could cross borders at will and choose employment anywh....holy shit, is this what liberals actually believe?

holy fucking hell you have severe cognitive deficiencies

The trade war was already on, except one of the sides just accepted the attacks and did nothing.

and then you wake up one day and everything that you need to live is made in China..

USA can only fab 10nm or 7nm in 2020

Only Taiwan/Korea can do 10nm

because autarky has worked out so very well for North Korea.

He's a democrat

Democrats are hardly free traders these days. That's like the one thing the Bernouts agree with Trump on.

Exactly. Relying on Chinese manufacture might be 'cheaper and easier' to do, but it gives us a significant threat if the Chinese have a serious dispute with US.

NK literally only trades with China you snide asshole. yes, it's not working out great for them. they are wholly dependent on their big bro who tugs on the leash for us every now and then when Kim swings his dick a little too much.

also nice false dichotomy. the alternative to getting everything from China is not making it here, but maybe getting it from multiple other countries. shit, maybe we could even help our allies that way.

save your free & efficient market garbage, it doesn't apply here. the worldwide market is not free. China's currency does not freely fluctuate like most other countries based on market forces. China's labor does not have many rights and can't leave. China's businesses aren't under many regulations (ours are). that's why they dump melamine into baby food and pig corpses into their rivers. China does not allow significant foreign investment and routinely forces companies into state-owned JVs to steal their tech.

ahaha iphones costing 25% more ahaha chinphones btfo?

When will you people understand that making things in the US again will cut into corporate pockets, and no executive officer or investor would ever allow that? If you want things to be made in America again then fuck, kill, and eat the rich.

So you solve that by generating such a dispute?

some big companies will like it a lot, since it'll protect them from competition. They can just dump the extra costs onto the consumer, confident that said consumers can't just buy from cheaper foreign producers.

No, but it'd be in our best interest if we could survive a trade embargo from China were tensions to somehow escalate. I don't want to have have a dispute with them, but considering their aggressions in the South China sea, intellectual property theft, and hacking into US companies, it might very well be necessary at some point.

Says the boomer shilling for Fluke
13k V van be handled by a decent chinkshit meter that's appropriately rated, ask anyone on /diy/

Sure, go find me an electrical in the US risking their life with a chink meter rather than just being an internet expert.