A friend of mine is selling a 1080 for 250 usd. Is that a good deal?

A friend of mine is selling a 1080 for 250 usd. Is that a good deal?

Attached: 71dryX5bUuL._SX425_.jpg (425x223, 17K)

maybe

make sure it wasn’t used as a miner

Why

show me one person that had a poolaris or pascal card die because the previous owner mined

miners that don't know what they're doing run the cards very hot 24/7, this causes the fan to wear and tear and can cause heat related damage.

miners that know what they're doing undervold their GPUs (less heat, less energy cost) so the cards are fine.

Doesn't sound like much of a friend

Attached: disapproving finn.png (635x441, 17K)

yes

>this causes the fan to wear and tear
>fans rated for 50,000hrs
Take a long walk on a short rooftop and stop talking about shit you don't understand

yes

I rather buy it from a miner. I could probably haggle for lower and I'll be using the card for 2 years tops

Is that rating at 100%? Because if so i mean thats nearly half their life used already

Because it's going to remain working 100% 24/7 in a gaming machine for the next two years? Seriously, even if the fan was on the teetering edge of failure, would that still stop you from paying $250 for a GTX1080? If so, kys and take your FUD with you.

I mined with a 1080ti for two months straight, then half a year later shadowplay was completely fucked up.

Right, because gaymers wouldn't ever think about over clocking and what not

No, buy RTX 2080Ti.

This

That's too expensive

Attached: pandaridesseesaw.png (500x745, 463K)

Shadowplay fucks up regularly after driver update.

It's you who doesn't know shit.

GPU Coolers, especially from crappy brand GFX cards, are very often underpowered to save costs. They were not made with the card running at 100% 24/7 in mind. Especially not overclocked.

A fan is always rated for x hours at y temperature. If said temperature is exceeded, the lifetime will drop a lot.

I've had the fans on cheap XFX cards crap out on me after just 2 weeks of mining.

if you don't want to buy it I will. Give me the details.

Shadowplay is unstable garbage.

nah, kill yourself

Tell your friend I'll give him $300. Give me the deets neet.