Take out CPU to put into mobo

>Take out CPU to put into mobo
>accidentally drop it because of nervousness
>"hehe welp there goes your 250+ dollars, not covered by your warranty™ thank you very much ;)"
defend this

Attached: cpu-processor.jpg (650x279, 45K)

if your hands are that shaky you should probably go get a cup of water and sit for a min until your autims calms down

>YOU fucked up
>manufacturer owes me for MY fuckup

You didn't pay extra for the idiot protection coverage

nigger

perfectly normal to be nervous when im installing a super fragile piece of hardware
they should, for making such a fragile piece of shit
wasnt an option when i bought from amazon
fuck you

>wasnt an option when i bought from amazon
Sure it is, you just got to hit the + button a couple of times next to quantity

My 10yo 775 cpu was literally thrown into the air across the room, a couple of months after I bought it, and has a very dinged corner (like if it was missing a chunk). Still works perfectly.

Let me guess, you're from Europe

>Take out CPU to put into mobo
>literally nothing happens because CPUs aren't made out of glass

You can bend the pins back if you use a credit card and some tweezers. I've done it before when I bent some pins

Those pins are actually pretty tough, unless you drop it from 4 feet onto tile the worst you will get is a few bent pins that are really easy to bend back. Good luck fixing the pins on your motherboard if you accidentally drop the CPU onto the socket while installing it, you'll bend 70% of them.

This. If you break off any pins just use a soldering iron and a steady hand.

This. I take my CPU out of the motherboard just to take a look at it once or twice a year for the last 8 years after cleaning the old thermal paste. And I have never, ever, drop it.
You have to be some insecure effeminate faggot to just drop stuff like that, and at that point dropping a cpu should be the least of your worries

Attached: 1517540096053.png (400x400, 223K)

>Let me guess, you're from the US
Fixed it for you

Amerimutts actually have the money to buy a new one if they break shit.

Only Europeans expect companies to pay/refund everything for them and cater to them

What the fuck? Just hold it, why would you fucking shake so hard at a CPU installation that your retard arm flails and launches it across the room at 50 ft/s?

why would someone lie on the internet about that?

Attached: 1516826476730.jpg (400x400, 35K)

Duh. "Pins". It's a foregone conclusion that it's YAIST (Yet Another Intel Shill Thread) - just more subtle than usual.

>defend this
It's your fault.

The fuck are you talking about

We use old CPUs as ninja shurikens at work and they generally keep working

>perfectly normal to be nervous when im installing a super fragile piece of hardware
It's not super fragile.
It's also not difficult to hold. You just need to do some basic risk management planning before you start.

fake thread
you can tell because no cpus have the pins on themselves anymore

have you tried not being fucking autistic?
also don't fucking tell them you dropped it.

Pay someone to do it if you can't hold an item in your hand.

Dropped the CPU I'm using now 2' onto wood and it's fine.

If they replaced a part you physically destroyed on your own, then other non-retarded buyers would be subsidizing YOUR fuckup. How is that fair in any way? No, you fuck up, you own up, then you pony up and buy another CPU. Try not to be so damned emotional about it this time.

>no cpus have pins
old cpus have them...
Oh and also ryzen... but as intel shill you did not know that

It's not the makers fault you ruined it. The documentation says it's a delicate product. By your logic if I crash my car the maker should replace it under warranty. Stupid af

>take vase out of its box
>accidentially drop it because of nervousness
>"hehe welp there goes your 250+ dollars, not covered by warranty thank you very much ;)"
Defend this.

wtf? my wifes son helped me replace thermal paste on my rigs cpu just last month. removed the cooler, cpu and installed cpu without a flinch. why fuck are you such a basedboi?

>super fragile piece of hardware

do you just throw your keyboard across the room when your finished zooming? cause that is also a fragile hardware

why do you even do that
I understand cleaning the old paste, but taking it out its socket?
why

>wife's son
cuck

non-dinosaur cpus don’t have the pins anymore, the mobo does

hello newfriend

hi

My wifes sons dad did mine and same thing. Not a single issue

based

just bend the pins back into alignment
should be fine desu

An idiot gets fucked over, I can't ask for anything more.

Underrated post

>hold your newborn baby
>accidentally drop it down a flight of stairs because of nervousness
>"hehe welp there goes your 250,000+ dollars, not covered by your American health insurance™ thank you very much ;)"

That's how it should be. At least we don't obey our corporate overlords in every sence like Americans do

I'm on your side OP

Attached: 1532770372428.png (568x548, 88K)

People with parkinsons shouldn't be handling electronics

Literally most underrated post i read in weeks.

same. I dropped my CPU on the carpet and it bounced into my bedframe. internally I was freaking out but it was fine

that is precisely why you always use "asennussarja"
that's ~12-24 beers

LGA sockets are fragile pieces of shit but at least they don't snap of pins of my cpu whenever I change my cooler

The thing can survive going from 10 to 100 degrees celsius in two seconds and you think a drop can ruin it?
It's more than likely still perfectly fine, with a small chance of non-critical damage to the outside that either can be easily fixed at home, or has no impact on function whatsoever.

you're the target demographic for prebuilt PCs

>being a clumsy retard
defend this

Are you a gorilla?

The funny thing is CPUs are actually made out of glass.

Imagine being so poor that you gets cpu with pins in 2018

No.

How is it their responsibility to provide you with a new one every time you do something retarded

Stop being a buzzkill, you know what I mean. Silicon transistors and glass are mostly made out of the same thing.

a socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear

>wasnt an option when i bought from amazon
If it's Amazon just lie and say it didn't work. Bezos doesn't give a shit and just wants to keep you as a customer

And water can burn because it has hydrogen in it.

>hold your newborn baby
>accidentally drop it down a flight of stairs because of nervousness
>"hehe welp there goes OP™ thank you very much ;

>they should, for making such a fragile piece of shit
If you really, truly, believe this deep down in your heart, then there is way to save you. Your stupidity is already beyond the grasp of modern educational science. The only option left for someone like you would be to let scientist study you, so that we might spot, and prevent anyone else from ever being born this fucking stupid, ever again.

Attached: Drumpf - 2.png (645x614, 83K)

>they should, for making such a fragile piece of shit
i refuse to believe a modern man is able to accidentally and irrepairably damage CPU pins while handling it at a reasonable distance from his working surface.
grug pls go

Just bend the pin back into place? Not that hard user.

I have snapped a pin off an AMD cpu before trying to force it into the socket with the lever still down. Just dropped the pin into the socket and put the cpu on top. Worked fine.

back in my day we didn't even have ZIF sockets and it was basically impossible to get a CPU out without bending pins
fucking deal with it

>drop 1090T
>about ten bent pins
>carefully bend them all back with a razor blade
>works good as new
Sorry about your headcanon, user. Enjoy trying to bend back the much smaller, infinitely more fragile pins in an LGA socket if the worst happens.

Yes, companies should serve and obey the client. Are you a cuck?

>cater to me!
>I can't handle expensive hardware
When you crash a car, do you blame the manufacturer because you're a retarded nigger?

>stop being a autistic limp wristed faggot
problem solved

ive been building systems since i was 13 before system building was mainstream
i have never once been so nervous i couldn't hold a damn cpu
grow some balls

Attached: 1459587641131.png (409x325, 164K)

Its the motherboard's manufacturer fault for when people smash the 'pins' on an LGA? Its the GPU and RAM manufacturers fault when you fuck up that shit too?
Next time, get someone qualified to handle hardware.

For real, is there any benefits to usig CPU with pins instead of motherboard handling that shit?

>amazon
just send it back retard, they dont give a fuck.
When i really needed money in university i ordered some 500€ cpu and send back an old broken 10€ CPU. Got money back, sold the actual expensive CPU on ebay. i did this like 3 times over the years.
Easiest fucking money of my life.

Simpler socket design.
Better connection.

>Better connection
?

Keke good one.

Attached: 1492349858119.png (486x485, 328K)

FPLGA's rely on the bracket to hold the pads to the pins.
PGA's rely on clamping pressure.
Its simple physics.

Leave Jow Forums

You are going to have to explain it in greater detail for me my friend.

>take out CPU to reapply thermal paste
>accidentally make one small mistake
>"hehe welp there goes your 250+ dollars, not covered by your warranty™ thank you very much ;)"
defend this

Attached: thermal paste.webm (540x540, 392K)

>take out plate to eat dinner

>why my supercomplex electronic part isn't bulletproof

There's no point in taking the cpu out of the socket if you just want to apply new thermal paste. If you're installing new one, then place plastic tray with cpu next to the socket and install it gently.

The only reason why LGA is a thing is so they can jew gold, mobo manufacturers do this even more. So you end up with your 1 micron gold plating(TM)

Attached: 1536015614696.jpg (800x450, 42K)

>remove heatsink
>cpu comes off with it
Fucking hate this shit.

just put it in the socket lmao

Just let the CPU warm up for a few moments so your superglue compound won't weld the fucking heatsink next time.

nah best way is the end of a mechanical pencil

Twist you numbskull.

Better electrical connections mean less resistance and less heat.

>Better electrical connections mean less resistance and less heat.
No no, I mean explain in more detail how one system has better connection vs the other.

A thread dies for this

>Only Europeans expect actual rights as a customer
Yeah I guess you got it in one.

>take out CPU to reapply thermal paste
Why are you removing it at all?

All computer parts should be modular.

Attached: 1527199630726.png (595x547, 289K)

I don't know if much can be done about CPUs but it does bug me that 99% of electronics are such flimsy shit including a lot of premium and expensive stuff.