Just got invited to google foobar

I just got that thing from Google where they open your search page and ask if you're up for a challenge

what do? anyone else ever have experience with this?

Attached: google-foobar.jpg (736x436, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rstuart85/google-foobar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Using google
Fuck off normie

based and redpilled

>anyone else ever have experience with this?
nah bro just you, you're special

>that watch_dogs tier |-|/-\(|

crack your knuckles, get ready for about 5 programming tasks, if you don't suck, you get asked in for an interview for a job at their place

>you get asked in for an interview for a job at their place
That's what people actually believe

>crack your knuckles, get ready for about 5 programming tasks, if you don't suck, you get asked in for an interview for a job at their place

Do you, or anyone else know if there's some kind of time limit for which you have before it expires? Reasonably speaking of course, if I wanna get up tomorrow and do it instead of right now at 2 am, would I be able to or no

Can't say I'm a fan but at the same time I'm not about to walk away for an opportunity to work at Google lol

>you get asked in for an interview for a job at their place
Google's own staff has repeatedly been quoted as saying that they "really don't know how anyone gets hired here" after all the coding tests.

Even if you complete the challenges, they can still ghost you.

>Even if you complete the challenges, they can still ghost you.

well thank fuck I haven't been one of the people bitching about the linux code of conduct

48 hours, should you choose to start now, you have the option of deferring it, as long as you haven't started the first task, just make sure to hit 'sign in' on the follow through to save your space.
enlighten me, do they scout people out based on research skills, put them through practical tasks for shits and giggles?

Never turn down a chance to work at the central hub of your enemy. That is where you WANT to be. It's where you can affect the most change.

fair enough then

>using jewgle
>using chrome
>spacing
>google search game

>should you choose to start now, you have the option of deferring it, as long as you haven't started the first task,

well shit i started the first task

they're only allowing python 2.7 though lol
kinda ridiculous since its EOL is like next year

yeaaaa i dont care about that i just want to make money and go to school

You don't get an interview after finishing a game thing. Especially if you can easily cheat by looking at the solutions.

yikes, best of luck though, I believe in you :)

I got this like 2 years ago. I did the first three exercises and then had schoolwork to do so stopped there. might go back to it now desu

you could cheat, but would ultimately result in you not having a unique solution, that would be typically what they look for in candidates

I never get asked. I'd say go for it, user OP.

You're retarded if you think they'll give you an interview that way. Sure as hell they rather interview someone with a good degree who actually applies for it.

github.com/rstuart85/google-foobar

just wanted to be open to the possibility rather than dismiss the idea entirely.
no need for the insult, perhaps a nap/smoke/drink would help?

#JustDoIt #BelieveinYourself #YouGotThis

Good luck, you can do it

The first one was really simple but I probably spent too much time optimizing my solution

idk if i should do the second one or not at this hour

I did it, they're not too hard if you're not a retard.

The on-sites are 30x harder

They are spying onto us.

>wanting to work at google when you could be unemployed, collecting welfare and contributing to Linux

Attached: 1525048461350.jpg (210x240, 6K)

>what do? anyone else ever have experience with this?
Friend of mine got hired at google after doing this.

it is some kind a bug because i'm getting it weekly

god i hope not

No, it's legit, they use it as a hiring exercise.

how come i've googled programming stuff my entire life but i've never gotten this

>wanting to a clear path to be paid 200k or 300k
gee.

RENT IS 280K SANDWICHES ARE 50 BUCKS EACH AND TECH COMPANIES FEEDING YOU IS NOW ILLEGAL BECAUSE IT HARMS LOCAL BUSINESS

Did you get selected for searching a basic term that you learn in undergrad?

living on the west coast isn't cheap

>hiring local businesses to cater for your employees harms local businesses

Oh, California.

I think the issue was actually that big tech companies had basically their own cafeteria and had employed their own food workers.

Maybe because you're not a pleb using chrome?

Also you might be out of the demographic they're looking for (too old, too young, too male, too white). Maybe you're googling too much holocaust denial material for their taste.

epic and oldfagpilled

Did this a couple weeks ago
Assuming they haven't changed things in that time
24 hours per problem from the time you start for tier 1
48 hours per problem from the time you start for tier 2
72 for tier 5
Each tier has 1, 2, 4, 8? 16? problems idk I got stuck on number 5 so I can only guess what goes on after that

I just got it for the first time about two weeks ago. I was just googling buzzwords like inversion of control and dependency injection (this was the one that made it pop up) to get to the wikipedia articles

I'm a white male who's probably in their alt-right database, so I bet that's it

they filter out trump supporters

What are the challenges?

Do it, get hired, say hi to moot from me