So are electronic toothbrushes just a meme or are they actually better than manual toothbrushes?

So are electronic toothbrushes just a meme or are they actually better than manual toothbrushes?

Attached: 51FlMuXvmLL._SL1300_.jpg (1300x1300, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h6543
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoebus_cartel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on which one you get, and how fast you can manually brush. If you can brush back and forth 300 times per second, then you are tied with the Philips Sonicare.

That said, if you're gonna go for a Sonicare, just go for the cheapest one there is. You don't need lithium ion or the ability for it to charge in a glass dish, so don't pay for it.

what about pressure sensor? is that necessary?

Nothing is necessary besides motor. Any model of philips or braun will do you well.

Not if you know how to brush your teeth properly.

girls use them as vibrators that's literally the only reason they still exist.

bullshit

Here's the thing:

If you're disabled and can't shake your hand for 30 sec to clean your teeth, then yeah buy them.

I bought an electric one from oral and i threw it in trash when it stopped working while I'm brushing my teeth.

Anyone used a 'water pick'?

Girls do use them as vibrators, but they exist because they're much better.
It does the same cleaning you can do in 3 minutes in 1 minute. I like saving 4 minutes a day.

on average it takes 5 minutes to manually brush your teeth as good as an electronic brush does in 2 minutes

Get the cheapest good brand model. Off-brands are chinky garbage that will fall apart, while the higher end brand models add useless garbage for like 400% the price. You want a toothbrush with a motor and a battery in it.

I already can tell you're a faggot because you brush your teeth 2 times per day.

5 minutes if you want to have blood everywhere in your mouth.

Are there electric toothbrushes that plug into the wall instead of having battery?

That's a vibrator dude.

you go girl

Attached: jezza.png (495x701, 525K)

they clean your gums more thoroughly with less pressure so they take far less damage than manual brushing
they're not any better than manual about cavities, you need proper flossing habits for that
if you skip any part of your routine, skip the brushing instead of the flossing

they're the most inconvenient experience ever, don't bother
most of them don't use batteries so you're always tethered to the wall, you need to fill (and properly empty, and clean to prevent bacteria growth) a reservoir every use, water sprays and drips all over the fucking place, and it doesn't even do a job very well

Just get one of those disposables with a battery built in. They last about three months, so when it loses its buzz you just buy a new one.

>flossing
name ONE study that proves the supposed benefits of flossing
I do floss, but only for aesthetic reasons i.e. not having food stuck between my teeth when I smile

That's exactly what I don't want to do.

well you should be replacing your toothbrush every three months anyway, so. but ok I don't think they do brushes that literally draw all their power from just the mains without using a battery.

Brushing your teeth is a meme made by dental companies to milk money from you. Also not to mention that studies have proven that toothpaste makes you retarded.

I personally use a mouthwasher before i sleep to keep my breath fresh.

toothpaste is useless, but so is mouthwash
brush your teeth with water twice a day and you're good to go

Basically the wole thing revolves around that you don't eat anything 2 hours before you sleep.

eating three boxes of Oreos every morning to own the libs (carries stale, sweaty, greasy bulk outside, scratching skin flakes everywhere, feet bloody due to untrimmed toenails) im alpha

I got one of the basic Sonicare brushes a year ago, and I am very satisfied. It makes brushing easier, and probably does a better job than normal brushes as well.

That said, these things are quite expensive where I live. Even ignoring the initial investment, replacement heads for the brush ($20 for 2 heads) are twice as expensive as even the most premium manual brushes you can buy in the store. And you need to replace the head every 3 months.

And once you go electric, there is no going back. I feel like a savage using primitive tools whenever I try to brush with normal toothbrush.

All things considered, if you can afford it, I definitely recomend it. It is a significant upgrade for an activity you have to do at least twice every day.

i've never felt the need to read one
i know anecdotal evidence and simple biology

if you don't eat for 12 hours and you haven't flossed, there's usually crap besides biofilm that you're pulling out when you do floss
and if that's a starch, well you know what happens from there, you didn't sleep through biology classes back in high school

toothpaste is deliberately an abrasive substance, there is merit to believing it is made by dentists to harm your teeth
mouthwash contains fluoride, which aids with remineralization of your damaged enamel, potentially sealing up small, immature cavities before they reach the root of your tooth
it's not a surefire method though, especially if you have a dry mouth or your saliva has too many outside contaminants into places it shouldn't

>you should be replacing your toothbrush every three months

Fucking hate this, that's one marketing slogan that have been pushed on consumers really good.

Also:bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h6543

i dunno man, given that im brushing my teeth in the same room where I poop, and toilets aerosolise poop particles to be gently deposited on everything in the room, id rather regularly replace the thing i put in my mouth and rub briskly against my teeth and gums at least once a day

>toilets aerosolise poop particles to be gently deposited on everything in the room

Attached: mffw.png (368x352, 245K)

Whitening toothpastes are definitely abrasive. Always buy the regular non-whitening kind since they contain much less (hopefully none) abrasive materials.

>replacement heads for the brush ($20 for 2 heads)
>buy a braun
>chinky heads are available at $1 each

You don't have to believe any marketing slogans to notice that after 3 months of regular use the toothbrush gets destroyed and the bristles start leaning sideways thus losing efficiency.

Attached: 336851_S.jpg (2400x1600, 121K)

You know you can wash that same thing right? You can even boil it if you want, or rinse it with boiling water, or hell, chlorine it and then rinse it with boiling water or put it in the dishwasher, the possibilities are endless.

i don't know where it is, but i've seen a chart that has the abrasive contents listed for many toothpastes
listerine isn't marketed as a whitening toothpaste, and even as a "gel" instead of a paste style, it contains a fuckton of abrasives for some reason

toothpaste is abrasive because its designed to scrub-a-dub your teeth clean. like remove all the gunk and crusted rotten matter that will naturally grow in a warm damp environment. whitening toothpaste especially so, because it's designed to SUPER scrub-a-dub the gross stuff and reveal the lovely white healthy teeth underneath all the gunk.

wringing your hands and making afraid noises about abrasiveness is borderline antivax retard talk. nyaaargh chemicals!!!!

Years of use(at least 4 now), it's Colgate brand, if you buy cheap shit, it wont last.

Attached: brush.jpg (2268x3024, 117K)

I use this one called closeup. Am i fucked?

I don't believe you.

An electric toothbrush cleans better than manual.
My gf is a dentist and says they are 100 times better

Anyone know if activated charcoal actually makes your teeth whiter or if it's all memes.

>reveal the lovely white healthy teeth underneath all the gunk.

White is not the natural color of teeth, so whitening them is not beneficial, and using whitening toothpaste is not healthy.

You know dentists would do anything to get your money right? They're the most hated people in the world man.

>White is not the natural color of teeth, so whitening them is not beneficial,
having white teeth is a clearer indication of overall health than brown, yellowed teeth.

As long as you're brushing with toothpaste, I don't think theres much difference besides the flavouring ingredients. some stuff lathers better than others, some people don't like that, find what works for you and you're good.

>id rather regularly replace the thing i put in my mouth and rub briskly against my teeth and gums at least once a day
But you're already cleaning it every day when you put it in your mouth.
It's probably the cleanest thing in your bathroom.

I brush two times every day, and barely drink anything discoloring, like coffee or soda, but my teeth still look like corn. Did I just lose the genetic lottery?

>years of use
More like used four times over the space of four years.

and you'd think my shower would be the cleanest thing in the house, seeing as soap drops off my body and onto it. hell why not bring the dishes into the thing too. scrub the pots while I scrub my dick and balls. fuck yeah efficiency

SONICARE 4LYF USED ONE SINCE THEY FIRST CAME OUT

FUCK ALL THEM ORALB ROUND HEAD NIGGAS

american meme

i wouldn't condone abstaining from toothpaste just because of abrasive contents, but it should be something everyone is aware of, and adjust their brushing habits around
there's a reason that whitening toothpastes warn on the box that they are not to be used for more than a month at a time ("sensitive" toothpastes say this too, for different reasons), you don't need that much silica in order to ensure your teeth are getting clean day-to-day

Why would i care if you believe me or not? just saying as it is.

If you want to be woken on the issue, the light bulb plot is a good start:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoebus_cartel

Also: buying cheap shit is always more expensive in the long run.

>my teeth still look like corn
this made me laugh. also see a dentist. they got these people called hygienists whos entire job is toothal hygiene

sadly, yes

>the light bulb plot is a good start
I don't see how.

GET UR SHIT PROFESSIONALLY WHITENED AT THE DENTIST WITH THE UV LIGHT

Good idea. I'm going to start doing that.

built in expiration date, on things that should last for much much longer.

Manual >>>> electronic. Too heavy imo and charging them is one more thing to worry about especially when travelling.

>on things that should last for much much longer.
Says who. I can see my toothbrush wear out over time, and I can feel the difference when I use a fresh new one. You are suggesting toothbrushes have planned obsolescence without anything to back your claims up other than 'they did it with lightbulbs'.

my Braun electric tooth brush is pretty neat
though the brush heads are a scam
a pack of 4 basically costs as much as the main body did
lucky there are aftermarked heads + they even have different bristle strenght (afaik original only offers one)
I'd still get one without that, but it's pretty expensive overall

Are you suggesting that if they could, they would not do it?